Tourist Trophy Single Weekly Time Trial Week 1: Ducati Fujitive

• Thread starter Harsk100
  • 31 comments
Portugal
South
HarskGaming96
ducati 1.jpg

ducati fujitive.jpg
Welcome to the opening race on TT Single Weekly Time Trial. In this week, we're racing with a beautifull italian race modified bike from 00's. This bike has conquered three SBK titles: 2003, 2004 and 2006.
I hope that you enjoy it as I do!

Week 1 : Ducati 999R RM '05 @ Fuji Speedway 80's
IMG_0001.JPG

Game mode :
TT Mode / Time Trial / World Courses / Fisco 80's / Free Run (In NTSC is written Practice)

ducati 2.JPG

Bike Specifications :
  • All bike settings can be changed;
  • Any racing tyres are allowed;
  • Driving Mode: Driver's Choice;
  • Failure Conditions must be off.
Race Rules :
  • 2 Wheels at the track must be kept at all times;
  • Rumble Strips and all coloured areas of pavement/rumble strips are considered part of track;
  • No contact with walls or objects; visible or invisible; Doing so will be considered an unfair vantage.
  • If you are not sure if your lap is clean, please rewatch youryour lap again so you can see if it is dirty or not. Rewatch your lap as many times as neccessary.
  • Hybrids are not alowed; Doing so will result automatically in disqualification;
  • No cheating of any kind; Doing so will result automatically in exclusion of results;
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules;
  • Save your replay ('Save best Lap' Icon)

Thread rules :
The following info which cannot be discussed in this thread (however, they can be discussed by PM Conversation or by other means) are:
  • The time of your lap;
  • Any information can be used to infer lap time.

Submission :
All submissions must be sent to me by PM (Harsk100).

• You can submit more than once per race, but only the best lap time will count.
  • Please include in your submission PM your name, time, racing number and the time.
  • The deadline is Monday, November 18th, 12 PM GMT

Time Verification
Save your replay and send your time to me by pm (Harsk100)

• Videos are not mandatory but if anyone wish to send videos of replay, then doing so is allowed;
  • At least the picture of screen of lap time is mandatory;
  • .DAT Replays via USB are accepted and encouraged.

Good luck!

Harsk100

Respect Harsk 👍

Your posts gave me good laughs sometimes, to be honest .
But this thread is very well done and I think it will be a sucess .
To bad I sold my PS2 with TT years ago :indiff:
Keep it coming and concentrate on this thread only, until your Ps3 is fixed

Good work :gtpflag:

Respect Harsk 👍

Your posts gave me good laughs sometimes, to be honest .
But this thread is very well done and I think it will be a sucess .
To bad I sold my PS2 with TT years ago :indiff:
Keep it coming and concentrate on this thread only, until your Ps3 is fixed

Good work :gtpflag:
Thanks Kling. 👍

Excellent choice.

Love the Ducati 999R RM - the one and only bike I managed to break into sub 7 minutes with at the 'Ring - and while 80's Fuji has a beginner friendly layout, those corners can be tough to nail.

Excellent choice.

Love the Ducati 999R RM - the one and only bike I managed to break into sub 7 minutes with at the 'Ring - and while 80's Fuji has a beginner friendly layout, those corners can be tough to nail.
Thanks MXHyland - When I turn on the PS2, I start my playing day by doing races on Fuji Speedway 80's first.

Remember: You still have 1 week to send your lap time. Did you read the details on OP?

Yes, loud and clear.

The first rule of the thread: You do not talk about your lap time. The second rule of the thread: You do NOT talk about your lap time.

;)

Yes, loud and clear.

The first rule of the thread: You do not talk about your lap time. The second rule of the thread: You do NOT talk about your lap time.

;)
That's correct. 👍 Because if this rule is applied, then the rule will prevent the thread from getting cluttered.

Oh man, this is amazing! Looks like I didn't waste money buying this a few months ago. Great game, but I can't play online with anyone. At least this gives me a reason to play!
Funny story about that, I bought it at Gamestop when they were trying to get rid of all their PS2 games. I picked it up for a bank-breaking 54 cents. I haven't checked if they actually stopped selling PS2 games yet. I hope not, I'll buy ALL THE THINGS! And we will have ALL THE TIME TRIALS!

Anyway, I don't have this bike yet (pain in the butt to get the superbikes). If I could somehow dig through all the boxes in my basement and find my Gameshark, and if there was a cheat to unlock the bike (and if, by some miracle, it actually worked), would I be allowed to use JUST that cheat? Or is it still off-limits?

Oh man, this is amazing! Looks like I didn't waste money buying this a few months ago. Great game, but I can't play online with anyone. At least this gives me a reason to play!
Funny story about that, I bought it at Gamestop when they were trying to get rid of all their PS2 games. I picked it up for a bank-breaking 54 cents. I haven't checked if they actually stopped selling PS2 games yet. I hope not, I'll buy ALL THE THINGS! And we will have ALL THE TIME TRIALS!

Anyway, I don't have this bike yet (pain in the butt to get the superbikes). If I could somehow dig through all the boxes in my basement and find my Gameshark, and if there was a cheat to unlock the bike (and if, by some miracle, it actually worked), would I be allowed to use JUST that cheat? Or is it still off-limits?
You can unlock this bike by Challenge Mode if you have completed the Super License.

Well, you can unlock the bike through Gameshark too, but you cannot use the Hybriding cheat.

You can unlock this bike by Challenge Mode if you have completed the Super License.

Well, you can unlock the bike through Gameshark too, but you cannot use the Hybriding cheat.
Ok, cool. I'll try to unlock it, but that challenge mode race is ridiculous! But isn't hybriding only possible by using an emulator?

Ok, cool. I'll try to unlock it, but that challenge mode race is ridiculous! But isn't hybriding only possible by using an emulator?
Thanks. Yes, hybriding is possible only by using an emulator. But here is an Weekly time trial, so nobody will be able to use the hybrids.

So, I've been doing some practice laps today and hit a lap time which I could no longer improve on for the time being. I found a fairly good racing line trying to perfect those high speed turns but it's really hard nail them. I find the last turn/part to be particularly hard as pretty much makes or breaks your laptime if you're not carrying enough speed - not to mention the rear wheel spinning in 3rd and 4th gear in Pro Mode.

It's all about consistency.

So, I've been doing some practice laps today and hit a lap time which I could no longer improve on for the time being. I found a fairly good racing line trying to perfect those high speed turns but it's really hard nail them. I find the last turn/part to be particularly hard as pretty much makes or breaks your laptime if you're not carrying enough speed - not to mention the rear wheel spinning in 3rd and 4th gear in Pro Mode.

It's all about consistency.
Yeah, it is a little tricky to nail them, but as I play it a long time ago, it is more easier for me. I use L2 and L3 buttons to gain more speed on the bike. It was also difficult for me because everytime I broke off in a straight line to do an corner, the bike flipped upside down which made me fall off. But I also made an lap time.

If you have made an lap time, then please send it by PM. 👍

And another thing guys: You still have one week to improve. The deadline is November 18th.

I use L2 and L3 buttons to gain more speed on the bike.
Leaning forward? I tend to avoid that as I haven't noticed any advantages doing so.

I'll also make sure to send a PM once I've stopped fiddling with the settings and have at least achieved my goal for a lap time.

;)

Leaning forward? I tend to avoid that as I haven't noticed any advantages doing so.

I'll also make sure to send a PM once I've stopped fiddling with the settings and have at least achieved my goal for a lap time.

;)
Alright. Good luck 👍

I can honestly say that after this, maybe we can try a slower, easier to control bike? :lol: Consistency definitely is the key, but on this bike it's a pain.
Speaking of which, maybe the winner can pick the next bike (or the track)?

;)
I think he means leaning back. That definitely helps, whereas leaning forward (especially on this bike) will only make you either flip over or make you lose traction.

I think he means leaning back. That definitely helps, whereas leaning forward (especially on this bike) will only make you either flip over or make you lose traction.
Hmm, having played TT on and off for seven years, I never considered it - especially on bikes such as the 999R RM which are very prone to wheelie.

I'll have to run some tests later on today.

:)

I can honestly say that after this, maybe we can try a slower, easier to control bike? :lol: Consistency definitely is the key, but on this bike it's a pain.
Speaking of which, maybe the winner can pick the next bike (or the track)?
You can try slower, as long you complete the track. ;)

Hmm, having played TT on and off for seven years, I never considered it - especially on bikes such as the 999R RM which are very prone to wheelie.

Great. 👍

Yeah. If you lean back at high speed, you'll accelerate a bit faster. And actually, at low speeds if you pull a wheelie at JUST the right angle (I'd say maybe 15 to 20 degrees in relation to the ground), it has the same effect. On this bike, though, I'd recommend only leaning back around mid-4th gear, that's when you get the biggest boost.

@Harsk100 I'm in it to win it! "Slow" just isn't happening. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah. If you lean back at high speed, you'll accelerate a bit faster. And actually, at low speeds if you pull a wheelie at JUST the right angle (I'd say maybe 15 to 20 degrees in relation to the ground), it has the same effect. On this bike, though, I'd recommend only leaning back around mid-4th gear, that's when you get the biggest boost.
I tried it and ran at least ten laps trying to get the hang of said technique but just couldn't for my life keep up with my best time that way.

:P

Week 2 thread to be added today or tommorrow! 2 days left to send your definitive lap times! Results will be published in November 19th!

Thanks for posting the results. Although I belive you forgot to update my time (and my final submission) to 1'14.924. Oh well, no biggie.

:P

Back