Tourist Trophy: The Real Riding Simulator, General info and discussion

• Thread starter zonekill
  • 628 comments
Funny I felt the same way, blew off the dust and ran TT a few weeks ago. I was hoping PD would come out with another version of it... I really enjoyed completing the game and competing the the TTWRS. Too bad the interest level is not there.

The game desperately needs a sequel with more bikes to choose from, more bikes on the track, and physics that are a little less nonsensical (eg. the see-saw fishtailing). If they release a TT2 with the Ninja 250, I'd actually consider buying a PS3 for that and GT5. :D

I fired up TT again after a session with GT5P and I must say that this game is still brutal. I took one of the older bikes (think it was a Honda) around the Nurb, and it was so pleasant to just sit back and enjoy the ride. I also took the Trick Star around Suzuka just to remember how different it is than in a car, and boy was it fun. The bikes flow with the curves of the road just so much better than cars do, and it's good to have more involvement than just shifting gears like on a car.

Please PD, make another TT.

I recently came across a copy of TT (Aus $25 ).This is rare in itself as I have not seen many copies used or otherwise.

So I got hooked in straight away and have since completed game to 100 % plus all Gold Licence tests.Great fun and having a lot of experience with GT4 helped with track knowledge. Being an old hairy biker from way back did not hurt either.👍

If there is renewed interest in challenges and hot laps I would be interested in taking part.

Just finished doing some practice laps at laguna seca on a honda cbr 600. Wow, I've forgotten about this game! Sensation of speed is fantastic, lots of fun playing with riding position and shifting weight under braking and corner entry. Currently using semi-pro mode as trying to use rear brake in pro-mode is like an on and off switch:)

Now that the GT Mobile will be out in 1st of October and the GT5 will be "almost":nervous: out until the end of the year... There will be any plans for PD develop Tourist Trophy 2... the second game of the motobike best game ever??

Now that the GT Mobile will be out in 1st of October and the GT5 will be "almost":nervous: out until the end of the year... There will be any plans for PD develop Tourist Trophy 2... the second game of the motobike best game ever??

Just do a search...

Many people have kind of moved on from this game, but I can proudly report that for the first time ever... I've achieved All-Gold in any series of license tests for any Polyphony Digital game. I accomplished All-Gold for the Novice Licenses. So finally my skills pay off in a GT game or with Tourist Trophy.

Congratulations on all golds! 👍 I have to go and get them for my super license and a few for my level 3, which I can't remember the license name right now. The tests are lot's of fun though!

I haven't moved on from it, as a matter of fact I just picked it up for the first time last week. I've silvered everything, also gold on all but the super license. Tourist Trophy is truly a great game and I wish I would have picked it up sooner. IMO the sensation of speed from the on board view is just great. I had never raced Valencia in GT4 so that was the first place I went and clocked laps. Now I feel just as comfortable with TT as GT4. It's like reliving GT4 from a different perspective, I really do enjoy this game.

Last edited:
Yeah TT is great, I really hope sometime in the future that PD might make a TT2.;)👍
I have many great replays from TT that I have to record and put on Youtube, when I have, I'll be sure to post a thread here for everyone to check out.
I have found that TT helps you focus more on your lines.
R*

I made my own video and blog entry as to if there should be a Tourist Trophy 2. I'd love to see Tourist Trophy be to motorcycles what Gran Turismo is to automobiles. What other racing game can definitively say that it's the best of street and racing bikes in one game than Tourist Trophy? Sure, there's the MotoGP games, but what about a fairly good motorcycle racing game that has street and racing bikes in one package? I would like to predict a Tourist Trophy 2 next year or in a few years. Motorcycle gaming fans don't have too many options besides MotoGP games and Tourist Trophy.

^^^Speaking of MotoGP, its a shame Namco gave up the rights because overall their take on MotoGP was great if you're looking pure arcade motorcycle racing.

As for TT2, for some reason I can see a sequel down the road and GT5 might actually hold some clues as to why...the fact that Circuito de Jerez will be appearing GT5 seem like a sure sign

For me, the namco versions of MotoGP were great, but Capcom made a bit of a hash of MotoGP 07, but with 08, the game is fantastic as well as there take on SBK 08 + 09. But id still wish for a TT2 because of the PD quality and its an awesome experience too :)

this board is dead T.T, i can't play TT atm, there is no other great bike racing games on consoles either. NO Respect for F1 or motogp.

Just bought TT and I have to say, it has got me hooked. I love it. It is a completely different experience to GT4 and this is my first ever sojourn into bike games. I wouldn't normally but with Polyphony behind it, I knew it wouldn't be bad.

I am struggling with the different lines and the braking for this game but I love it all the same. I guess I got too used to life the four wheeled way!

Just bought TT and I have to say, it has got me hooked. I love it. It is a completely different experience to GT4 and this is my first ever sojourn into bike games. I wouldn't normally but with Polyphony behind it, I knew it wouldn't be bad.
It was the same for me when I bought this game a few years ago. I didn't really know squat about bikes back then, but playing this game really got me interested in them! :D

Perhaps the same will happen with NASCAR? :embarrassed:

I agree with phoenix1979, Tourist Trophy was wicked fun, I really hope there will be a TT2.

Thanks for the reply,i'd already ordered it though :) should of been delivered by now though :(

A couple of TT links that still have races. If we can get some interest maybe I can put together a short/long series here again like Balang479 did last summer.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27167780&union_id=370

http://www.gtforums.co.uk/gtforumsc1/showthread.php?tid=579

Cool,wouldn't mind joining if anything goes ahead

I've been playing TT again recently. It gives my hands a break from playing GT PSP, which gets uncomfortable after about 20 minutes, and its something I can play without the steering wheel, which bugs my wife. I don't know if the challenges are harder than the races, at least on the lower level races. I can almost always out qualify everyone else and then win the race if I don't go off track, but some of the challenges to win the bikes are almost impossible for me. Its not even the super license bikes either, its the first bikes you get to that are race, not street. Maybe I just can't ride the race bikes well.

I played TT again recently after a long time and i really loved it, i've played it since the day it came out and collected all gold, all bikes and although the content was quite limited i kept coming back.
However since i got my PS3 i gave my old PS2 away and i was not able to play TT on my new console as i quickly discovered.
Since then Prologue and other games kept me occupied until i really started to miss occasionally climbing onto my digital Hayabusa, MV Agusta and all the other superbikes, classic bikes, etc.
After reading some glowing reviews of Black Beans SBK 09 game i ordered a cheap copy and hoping it would at least offer a somewhat similar experience since it was at least newer by a couple of years.
I was wrong, although initially quite fun in some ways and the graphics being better than expected ( although far off from anything PD would have created ), i soon got annoyed by the extremely long loading times ( and i've never complained about that on any game before ) and when you do finally get to ride on the tracks the physics seem very clunky and to drive fluently is almost impossible.
All this made me want a new TT, as although PD might have rushed it and not got everything spot on, their first riding-sim got the basics nailed.
So please mister Yamauchi, when GT5 is finally released, give us TT2 with more bikes, more tracks and i don't even care if it is rushed, even a rushed old PD game seems to be better than anything the competition offers today.

Being a huge fan of GT, I got this as soon as it came out. As a bike game, I was impressed. Dissappointments? There should have been as deep a career mode as GT, with more options for tuning/buying/upgrading. And there should have been more original tracks instead of just giving us the GT tracks to ride on. Not a bad effort though. And I gree with you Analog - PD do seem to take more care, even with a rushed out game, than many other companies do. I own a 60GB launch PS3, and while TT loads up ok, for some reason, my PS3 struggles with the visuals during the actual races. A shame. I hope PD bring out a sequel once GT5 is done and dusted, since there isnt a really decent bike game out just now.

Last edited:
I hope PD bring out a sequel once GT5 is done and dusted, since there isnt a really decent bike game out just now.

That's my dream. A TT2 with the same scope as GT4: 700-800 bikes. MotoGP, WSB, sports bikes, touring bikes, cruisers, dirt bikes, standards, dual-purpose bikes, trials bikes, scooters, classics, sport-tourers, choppers, you name it. If it has two wheels and an engine, then I want it in the game.

Please PD. Hope you bring out TT2 after GT5. Just seen SBK-X in action and read a review. Oh dear oh dear oh dear......

Back