• Thread starter livemusic
  • 3 comments

livemusic

Premium
Brazil
Blumenau, SC
livemusic81
Taken from the IGN hands-on:

In the arcade mode of play, you don't have to worry about mixing and matching gear, as the game takes care of these areas for you. For this mode, in order to get players into the race as quickly as possible, you select a pre-styled biker. Don't worry -- the bikers always have their helmets on, so you won't be seeing any ugly digital faces every time you head out for a quick race.

The main mode of play -- Tourist Trophy's GT mode, if you will -- is the Tourist Trophy World mode, and this is wear you can fine tune your racing experience, with gear and even unique riding forms. Like GT mode, TTW mode is a progressive mode of play where you build your skills, take license tests and earn new vehicles and courses along the way.

TTW Mode includes a License School mode where, in GT fashion, you go through training exercises and tests in order to better your riding skills. Because you're riding bikes rather than cars, the tests and difficulty level should be vastly different from GT's license mode. The game promises a number of different tests, each with four levels. Clear the tests and you earn new riding gear.

Performing well in the license mode also unlocks new opponents in the main area of Tourist Trophy World: TT Challenge. It's through this mission-style mode that you earn new bikes. In TT Challenge, you select a bike and color and are then placed on a course with a rival racer. Defeat the rival and the bike that you selected becomes yours. While racing in this mode, sign boards display how many seconds you're lagging behind your opponent, something that's sure to add to the intensity of the race.

Outside of the TT Challenge, Tourist Trophy World Mode includes a Series Race mode where you race against three opponents. This is an advanced mode of play, requiring that you've unlocked certain machines through hard work in the TT Challenge and License School sections. Of course, if you haven't gotten far enough in the game to try the Series Race, you can always try out the Time Trial mode of play, which places you by yourself on a single course.

While playing the Tourist Trophy World mode, you can adjust your riding experience in three ways. Prior to the start of a race, you can make quick adjustments to your bike in such areas as power, weight, driving assist and front/rear tire type. You also have access to a Closet, where you can try out all the gear that you've collected.

Also adjustable in TTW mode is riding form. While Tourist Trophy includes a few pre-set forms (inside, normal and outside), Tourist Trophy World's Form Editor allow you to make fine adjustments to eight areas of your form, including seat position, knee angle, underarm angle and waist offset. Form adjustments aren't just for show, as the game simulates your rider's center of gravity, changing the feel of the race based on your form.

Some forms just look cool, of course. Polyphony will be including a Photo Mode similar to mode we saw in Gran Turismo 4. You'll be able to snap pictures of your rider wearing your favorite gear and using your favorite form.

I´m at work so I had to do this very quickly, sorry for the copy and paste. :D

FatAssBR
Taken from the IGN hands-on:

The main mode of play -- Tourist Trophy's GT mode, if you will -- is the Tourist Trophy World mode, and this is wear you can fine tune your racing experience, with gear and even unique riding forms. Like GT mode, TTW mode is a progressive mode of play where you build your skills, take license tests and earn new vehicles and courses along the way.

Performing well in the license mode also unlocks new opponents in the main area of Tourist Trophy World: TT Challenge. It's through this mission-style mode that you earn new bikes. In TT Challenge, you select a bike and color and are then placed on a course with a rival racer. Defeat the rival and the bike that you selected becomes yours. While racing in this mode, sign boards display how many seconds you're lagging behind your opponent, something that's sure to add to the intensity of the race.

Outside of the TT Challenge, Tourist Trophy World Mode includes a Series Race mode where you race against three opponents. This is an advanced mode of play, requiring that you've unlocked certain machines through hard work in the TT Challenge and License School sections. Of course, if you haven't gotten far enough in the game to try the Series Race, you can always try out the Time Trial mode of play, which places you by yourself on a single course.

While playing the Tourist Trophy World mode, you can adjust your riding experience in three ways. Prior to the start of a race, you can make quick adjustments to your bike in such areas as power, weight, driving assist and front/rear tire type. You also have access to a Closet, where you can try out all the gear that you've collected.

Does this mean we won't be earning credits to buy bikes and upgrades? I hope not. That's my favorite part of Gran Turismo. If everything is based on unlocking stuff, then how will this be any different from "TT Superbikes"? I guess if this is the extent of it, I'm a little disappointed. :nervous:

If they even think that selling TT without upgrades..... I'll be :yuck: sick :yuck: . Hell even Riding Spirits had an elaborate upgrade list. That game would absolutely kill TT in terms of upgrade combinations.

Back