Thread Inactive/Closed

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 718 comments
Other than Tieske026 and WhiteFlight1 not being able to see each other everything else ran smoothly.

That's why we run practice/test race beforehand.

I want to get them two in a lobby together with me until we figure out the issue.

I didn't pay attention. I stayed out on the same tires. They wore out a lot more than when I do 40 minutes in a lobby by myself. Looks like I will need a change tire during the race.

Other than Tieske026 and WhiteFlight1 not being able to see each other everything else ran smoothly.

That's why we run practice/test race beforehand.

I want to get them two in a lobby together with me until we figure out the issue.

We will definitely have to sort out this issue, it put a damper on the experience for me knowing @Tieske026 couldn't race cause of me somehow. And if he got away from the grid, I was stuck... I'm sorry guys, it was frustrating for all of us, and I'm sure for Tieske in particular. Hope we can both race in Lobby 1!

I could not join this evening but have been following al the details. Tieske and Whiteflight also could not see eachother in the Mini cup. So there is something strange going on between them.

How is your connection whiteflight ? Can you run a network test ? Are you turning off your PS4 or using rest/sleep modus everytime you are not using it ?

The strangest thing was that when Mike left Tieske could suddenly see Whiteflight. Those are strange situations. A lobby with them both together could be a good idea to sort things out.

Mike said that his race was complete laggy so driving was almost impossible to do. He has the replay from the start from his perspective and its very strange to see.

My replay shows nobody lagging at all. Everything was running smoothly on my end.
That could be how lag works, it only shows up on the replay of the person experiencing the lag. Even if you watch it from their view but you saved the replay, you won't see their lag.

Reminder: I will be hosting a room in one hour from now for all Lobby 2 participants. It will be private so be sure to send me a friend request on PSN.

That could be how lag works, it only shows up on the replay of the person experiencing the lag. Even if you watch it from their view but you saved the replay, you won't see their lag.

I seen your in the last Gr.4 race and it's on the replay

From my experience with these Sony servers (at least in GT6), it seems to be common for two parties for whatever reason to have recurring issues. We used to have 2 guys in the Turtle Racing League that always had issues with each other. It only occurred if they were both in the lobby. We never got it sorted, so i dont know what can be done as it could be anything between how their networks/systems/countries/ISP/whatever works towards the other. It's baffling. It could be how they communicated via the room host; we never knew. It could've been a third party, whose connection seems fine, but is somehow causing a conflict between the other two.
Remember, we are running races across Oceans with these connections; There will be lag, it is unavoidable. Data can only travel so fast; It's an unfortunate reality of GTSport, racing with people from multiple regions; we can try to minimize it (resetting routers prior to logging on, clearing cache, port forwarding, etc...), but it will occur.
I can only suggest we set ground rules to follow when it occurs prior to an official race (time limits to sort it out, how many restarts, do we remove a member from the lobby to ensure it runs smooth, etc...). Otherwise it will ruin the experience for everyone else in the room. Yes, lag sucks. It could be anyone though, we just need to be ready and willing to miss a race if it comes to that and we appear to be the problem.

From my view in the race tonight, I saw both of them, no problem. But at the start, Tieske's car didnt move. It was stuck like a rock sideways across the grid and everyone at the back just ran into the immovable object in the road. I found it quite humerous actually at the time, but if it happened at the start of a real race and ruined my race, i would have felt differently of course. Any of us would.
I dont think i saved my replay or we could see what happened from my viewpoint.

We definitely need to have a discussion on how to handle the situation if it can't be resolved. The last thing I want to do is tell someone they can't race. With 3 races taking place on race night I'm sure we can come to some kind of agreement that everyone can be happy with.

Good luck tonight in the late lobby. Hopefully nobody has any problems.

Practice still up
Yea we are still up. Aceboy doesn't see you though.

Edit: Lobby closed. Everything went really well until darkestsoul00/tom aka newb showed up and aceboy127 couldn't see him. They're working it out together and hopefully it's not a major issue going forward.

Last edited:
I have the replay from Mike with his mobile phone recorded. I asked him to upload the replay for us. Will let you know. But this kind of lag is not the major problem.

Here some Pic's..

5765189249061093904_0.jpg

5917748677846237712_0.jpg

5909304425860564496_0.jpg

5918311625251619352_0.jpg

5773637885669410328_0.jpg

5765193638515574296_0.jpg

5765193644423250456_0.jpg

Yesterday was my second time joining a organised online race and both times there where issues with some players. Fortunately I wasn’t part of it but can understand the frustration for those how had. Seems to me GTS is not on top of their game.

Although enjoyed the racing and managed to be fast and consistent. I made 2 minor mistakes which resulted in 2 laps in the 34’s. All the rest was 32 or 33. Fuel consumption was perfect as I finished with 0,0 fuel and only had to do a little bit of fuel saving. But I would be in trouble if my lap times where slower.

I think I would be able to get a high 31 on low fuel but that would be my max.

I still need to fix my livery and will make sure this is sorted before the actual racing starts

Yesterday was my second time joining a organised online race and both times there where issues with some players. Fortunately I wasn’t part of it but can understand the frustration for those how had. Seems to me GTS is not on top of their game.

Although enjoyed the racing and managed to be fast and consistent. I made 2 minor mistakes which resulted in 2 laps in the 34’s. All the rest was 32 or 33. Fuel consumption was perfect as I finished with 0,0 fuel and only had to do a little bit of fuel saving. But I would be in trouble if my lap times where slower.

I think I would be able to get a high 31 on low fuel but that would be my max.

I still need to fix my livery and will make sure this is sorted before the actual racing starts

Enjoyed trying to keep up with you 👍 You were fast. I finally gave up and dropped back to fight with the next group behind.
Sorry about the online issues in the rooms. Fingers crossed it was just temporary.
If i recall, Mount Panorama had major lag issues in GT6 too. Might just be the track. I do love it, but always had major lag issues in the past which is unfortunate. Just keep an eye out for the Kangaroo's crossing the track, always gets me into a wall.:sly:

Back