Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup 2022 Schedule is Announced for Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 217 comments
It's one very interesting Schedule, can't wait for the LeMans GR010 combo.
My prediction (hope :D) is Sebring circuit for Round 7, and the combo TS020 at COTA for the final

Hm, sounds like live events are back...

Fingers crossed that further Covid mutations won't mess it all up again.

Unfortunately that list doesn't include the Corolla GR-Four. I expect that car to be added eventually as GT has partnered heavily with Toyota but seems like it won't be this summer.

I don’t know I don’t play online I don’t know anyone
You don't have to know anyone to play online, that's the beauty of it. You just jump into a daily race and start racing, simple as that. That was the whole premise of GT Sport and is one half of GT7, so if you're not trying the daily races and competing against real people then you're missing a lot of fun content.

Last edited:
I opened this topic first today :) But here is much more popular.

I'm just glad they're doing them once a week. I really can't do the daily FIA races they've been doing for the test seasons. The Wednesday and Saturday rotation gt sport had was much better.

I'm just glad they're doing them once a week. I really can't do the daily FIA races they've been doing for the test seasons. The Wednesday and Saturday rotation gt sport had was much better.
Think they've been doing them this way for the test season, should be the old way for the season proper. Doing even one championship is pretty tough on the little spare time I have these days

Yeah Test Seasons in Sport were almost every day also, so I assume it'll be back to 2 races per week once the proper seasons start

Good to read this, looking forward to it, would be good to add more events like this to add more variety to online

Awesome to see 2 races with the super formula. It's not nearly as good to drive as the Merc F1 but it was one of the best in GT Sport. Feels good in GT7 as well. You can really feel the downforce once you get up to speed.

@TheBigMan045 That's good to hear. Between life and all the other games I play, the Wednesday and Saturday format has always been a lot more reasonable to me. Plus, I need time to practice 😁 I've never been someone who gets up to pace very quickly.

Also, even a few laps a day for a couple days is better practice than practicing for an hour the day of the race. Sleep legitimately makes you faster.

Last edited:
Race Details are out
TGR Cup 2022.png
TGR Cup 2022 TS.png

I went to register for the Toyota Gazoo Racing event to get some practice laps in and a message came up stating that the registration period is now closed. Will it open up closer to the 15th?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it will open up when time gets closer. Interesting though that the rounds are so spaced out though. I guess it’ll just give us more time to master each track/car :)

Just a heads-up: While the event requires registration, you cannot yet actually register for now.
I just saw it for the first time when I was checking todays sport race in GT7. Cannot register!!! Pretty grumpy if I can’t sign up for this series that I’ve played in the past. Cannot find any links to register so I came here to voice my disgust ..

My prediction is another Japanese circuit for the last round (as the other road car rounds are), a somewhat tighter one to account for the Yaris. Perhaps Okayama?

Since there are no leaderboards yet what is a decent time around Spa in the Super Formula? I've spent very little time driving these, just trying to determine how much work I have ahead of me. My best so far is a 1:52.87 in time trials.

I went to register for the Toyota Gazoo Racing event to get some practice laps in and a message came up stating that the registration period is now closed. Will it open up closer to the 15th?
Yeah I noticed the same, assuming it will update soon it's probably still trying to send us to last year's sign up sheet given how well these things have been organized so far 😂

Hopefully official Toyota involvement gives them a kick up the butt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I right in thinking one of the races is in a single seater "formula" type car - like that used in the S license test at Laguna Seca?
If so, this should be a hilarious race - I must have smashed that car to bits several times over before golding that test!

Am I right in thinking one of the races is in a single seater "formula" type car - like that used in the S license test at Laguna Seca?
If so, this should be a hilarious race - I must have smashed that car to bits several times over before golding that test!
Yes, the very first race is with the Super Formula car. Also the fourth race.
Luckily they chose some bigger tracks than Laguna Seca for those races...

What is decent time in the Super Formula around Spa? I've not really driven these outside of the circuit experience. Current best is a 1:52.87, I'm guessing the top times are under 1:50.00.

This was the original schedule I believe....

Screen-Shot-2022-04-18-at-10.27.03-PM-copy.jpg

Back