Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup 2022 Schedule is Announced for Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 217 comments
Super Formula's are a ton of fun, and at Spa as well what a treat!

Everything else looks par for the course though, should still be enjoyable enough but it would be nice to race the LMP1's somewhere other than Le Sarthe from time to time.

FSpMEgrXsAEJtOe

That picture is from TGR's website. I betting that the entry will open at the very last minute now.
Microscopic check on the image says it was captured on May 10th, so I guess the photos were taken in a debug/pre-launch event state. Registrations were not yet open at that day for general public, at least in rest of Asia.

Last edited:
to be fair, it does list 1300 as the start time (in my region, on the GT site) of the tournament. while I pray it’s an update or patch, I feel like it’s just meant to start a few hours before. either way it seems like a huge oversight - no mention of the event on their Twitter either.

to be fair, it does list 1300 as the start time (in my region, on the GT site) of the tournament. while I pray it’s an update or patch, I feel like it’s just meant to start a few hours before. either way it seems like a huge oversight - no mention of the event on their Twitter either.
TGR's social media is already posting about it though.

And madness it is. Be prepared for utter chaos and a lack of control and awareness. The cars take so much pushing to keep speed that a lot of people simply aren't ready.

I messed up my qualifying to start p8 using my banker lap, I kept catching people that had wrecked after that. 2 people did big dives into turn 1 and split the pack. Then I got 5 seconds for getting run wide into les combes on lap 1. Thanks PD. Drove ok, but people swerve blocking and cutting in on you constantly if you made a pass made it a complete mess. I wrecked myself with a curb at 1 point so not totally other peoples fault either. Finished p9. Should have been top 5, but luck is luck. No accounting for that really. Time to push for PD to remove the lower DR penalty armor.

Keep your head on a swivel, hang on and be ready to recover. It's a messy combo.

Yeah. Eww. I feel dirty for participating in that “race”. I got 7 whole seconds in penalties I think for passing cars that were spinning. I saw no yellow warnings of any kind. Anyway, was clean starting 11/16(minus two that jumped ship later in the race). All was well until a coupla guys
/They were up to no good/Started…. ahem,… rubbing tyres for the last corners of the lap. That’s when a bit of mayhem happened. I slowed down for T3 and still got brake checked as the two ahead fought for the corner. Ran into the car ahead, but it sent me onto the run off curbs. Dropped from about 9th to 14th. Finished last, with no pace 1:54.xxx. This is why I’ve stayed away. Got my one GR race done.

Why do you even have to register? Surely just entering the event could be your registration.

PD insist on making things complicated when they don't need to be.

Back