Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup 2022 Schedule is Announced for Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 217 comments
So is this strictly speaking a "new" car?

18286b9f9d199-screenshotUrl.jpg

18:00 Euro slot, Fuji.

Top 6 all “cheated” by not taking the mandatory stop. They all finished in the top 8. The 1 minute penalty is clearly not sufficient at this track in those cars.

It should be a straight DQ if you don’t follow the rules. These folks have gained both Cup points and Dr at the expense of those of us who stopped. They must be so proud.

This sucks…..

How much further can this sham of a game fall?

18:00 Euro slot, Fuji.

Top 6 all “cheated” by not taking the mandatory stop. They all finished in the top 8. The 1 minute penalty is clearly not sufficient at this track in those cars.

It should be a straight DQ if you don’t follow the rules. These folks have gained both Cup points and Dr at the expense of those of us who stopped. They must be so proud.

This sucks…..

How much further can this sham of a game fall?

The time you lose for a pit stop is around 20 seconds, so even if they had pit they would have finished ahead of you.

this might be the worst car+tire combo in any GTWS, daily, Gazoo so far.

its just not fun to drive. Does anyone actually have fun driving these high powered car with diffs set to locked with tires that are worse than the IRL tires you get with the car.

stock supras do not handle like this.

That race was peak Gran Turismo for me. My absolute favourite type of combo, the only flaw was lack of tire wear. First 200+ point score ever and I took the fight to the A+ guys for once. Qualified 4th and Finished 3rd in the hunt for the win until the end in a group of players I probably would’ve finished 12th or lower against if it was another standard Gr.3 or Gr.4 race. I’m absolute garbage in races where you have to go 100% all the time but give me something you have to feather at 80% and hit all your marks and I can excel. More like this please.

Sunday nights are less than ideal so disappointed I haven’t been able to do a Toyota race until now, there’s been some great combinations in this series. Don’t think I’ll bother with dirt though (probably like most other people)

Last edited:
Surprised myself with a nice run from 10th to 4th at Fuji and my second best result of the season (142 pts). Probably would have been 5th, but the guy ahead either quit or got disconnected on the 3rd lap. I'll take it either way.

this might be the worst car+tire combo in any GTWS, daily, Gazoo so far.

its just not fun to drive. Does anyone actually have fun driving these high powered car with diffs set to locked with tires that are worse than the IRL tires you get with the car.

stock supras do not handle like this.

Completely agree. Whoever thought this combo would be fun or promote a competitive environment should be fired. It’s like skating on ice and it’s a waste to have entered the event

I put it on pole with a time i wasn't expecting a 1:55.51
Very close racing though in the top five.
the guy in 2nd and 3rd where fast.
So i was just aiming for keeping it in the podium spots.
But i screwed up entering the pit lane and got a penalty.
Had to settle for 5th.

Slot 1: Once again i found my usual racing buddy @Geauxgreddy, and once again we qualified near each other, but unfortunately because this was Top Split, he qualified 14th and I was 0.09s off of him in 15th. The lights went out and he got a slightly better start than 13th, so was able to take that spot headed into T1, before they sent it back on him at the corner after the big 180-degree bend. Headed into the chicane for the first time, I thought I braked early enough, even considering the not-fully-warmed-up tires, but I didn't, so I moved to the outside to avoid torpedoing Greddy. I figured I'd cost myself 15th and would have to try to pick my way up from last, but it turned out last place had out-braked themselves too, and ended up running into Greddy, which caused him to slide into me. Somehow, we all avoided wrecking, and I even picked up a spot up to P14! Next lap at T1, it was Greddy's turn to outbrake himself and he sent it at T1. I saw him coming so held off slightly on turn in and no harm, no foul. We stayed in our relative positions for the rest of the race, and avoided pitting until the end of Lap 9, when I went in too hot, lost the back end, and hit the outside wall at the entrance, earning myself a 3s penalty, in spite of having practiced the entry extensively earlier this week. The driver that had been a couple seconds in front of us for most of the race did the same thing and got the same penalty, giving Greddy 2 "Greddy Passes" on the final lap as we served our penalties, and finally demoting me back to where I started in P15...

Slot 2: Qualified P9 and thought about pitting several times early in the race, but changed my mind when I saw other cars directly ahead of me jump into the pits. Finally on Lap 4, one of the cars ahead of me started making mistakes and began holding me up. When he didn't come into the pits that lap, I decided I would pit. Surprisingly, I came out of the pits in 8th, and with a clear track in front of me. The car that qualified P3, 0.8s quicker than me, was now behind me after running wide out of the final corner just before we both pitted, and while he gained a little bit on me for a couple laps, eventually I started to pull a gap to him. Finally, when everyone else pitted on Lap 9, I found myself in 6th place, less than 2s off of P5, but unable to do anything about catching them, so P6 is where I finished, worth 250 points, which will be my 3rd-best score this championship.

The time you lose for a pit stop is around 20 seconds, so even if they had pit they would have finished ahead of you.
So why did 8 out of 10 who pit finish behind the 6 that didnt? Guess we all managed to suck at the same time.

Irrespective, not following the rules should be a straight D/Q. Factoring time penalties should not be in the equation. You cheated, pay the proper penalty.

In a game where there are so many “grey” areas (contact, track limits), not following the rules should be a black & white issue and proper penalties should be enforced.

I loved this race. Always being on edge not to let the car slide to get the best performance out felt so good.
In slot 2 and 3 I was in top split and in slot 2 I finished just 14 secs behind Kylian (who just won GTWS), so I'm very happy with my pace there.

In race 3 the top split wasn't filled with that many top split drivers, but it was still fun. I bottled it once but still managed to get P8 as others had issues too.
This was my final race:

(Before you ask regarding 23:20, no I did not intend to crash someone out. I broke too late and did not want to hit anyone, so that was the only way I saw out of that)

Last edited:
Nah, the GR Yaris 1st Edition RZ "High performance" is the model we've already got, one of the last cars added to GT Sport.
It's "high performance" because in some regions with tighter emissions regulations the GR Yaris there makes 11 less bhp and 10 less Nm of torque.
Yep, it was the "First Edition" that made me wonder if it was some kind of sneaky variant, but no it's the car that's already in the game.
So why did 8 out of 10 who pit finish behind the 6 that didnt?
Because their overall race time was at least 40 seconds slower, irrespective of pit stops. That's a hell of a lot for a 10 lap race.
Irrespective, not following the rules should be a straight D/Q. Factoring time penalties should not be in the equation. You cheated, pay the proper penalty.
Arguably yes, but a 1 minute penalty is plenty to put those that didn't pit to the very bottom rankings. At least that's true for any kind of lobby where the pace difference between fastest and lowest isn't the chasm from your race.

You have to draw the line somewhere with what's a time penalty and what's a straight DQ. Cutting track limits is against the rules, so you get a time penalty, not a DQ. Cutting the pit entry/exit line is a time penalty, not a DQ.

PD have made the choice that not meeting tyre/pit requirements is a (substantial) time penalty.

There's literally no benefit to ignoring the pit requirements, and that's my point that in your race those that did ignore the requirement to pit would have finished in the top 8 even if they had pit, given how big the time gaps were. In fact they would have finished around 40 seconds further ahead than they did after the time penalty was included.

The time penalty is only an issue if it turns out that pitting costs more time than the time penalty. This happened once back in GTSport when the time penalty was only 20 seconds, hence why its now 60 seconds.

So why did 8 out of 10 who pit finish behind the 6 that didnt? Guess we all managed to suck at the same time.
Because the guys who put were too slow? Watto said it, 1 minute is far more than a pit stop costs you. And since there was only one type of tires allowed (you didn't need to change tires anyway), pitting neither gave you an advantage nor a disadvantage. The pace before and after pitting should have been identical.

What DR was that lobby?

Look, I understand the time penalty usually being sufficient but for over half the field to finish behind the non-pitters is weird, to say the least.
What DR was that lobby?
Lobby was mid C/S.

I‘m sure GTS also had a period were the penalty “flexed” with some being 20s and some a minute. There was also a period where it was 2 mins..I think.

Anyway, I still think that ignoring mandatory tyres & pit stops should be a straight D//Q

Look, I understand the time penalty usually being sufficient but for over half the field to finish behind the non-pitters is weird, to say the least.
What's weird though? Pitting cost 21 seconds (I went back and checked) of lap time. Not pitting cost 60 seconds. It's as simple as that. There's nothing weird.
I‘m sure GTS also had a period were the penalty “flexed” with some being 20s and some a minute. There was also a period where it was 2 mins..I think.
No, it was always 20 seconds until an FIA Nations race at Laguna Seca where pitting cost over 30 seconds of lap time, so nobody pit and just absorbed the penalty as that worked out to be quicker. After that PD changed the penalty to 60 seconds. It hasn't ever been 2 minutes.

So what constitutes a “pit stop” anyway? I’ve never understood and the game doesn’t offer any clarification, do you just have to stop in the box and take a fraction of a second of fuel? I’ve always taken it for meaning changing tires and that’s what I always do when it’s a mandatory stop even if it costs me a second or two.

Anyone jumping in for this? I hadn't realised it's the last round, haven't played much of them but the new damage system should make this one entertaining if nothing else.

Anyone jumping in for this? I hadn't realised it's the last round, haven't played much of them but the new damage system should make this one entertaining if nothing else.
not sure damage is on, since its not on for the single player rally cross/rally.

Like BARELY tap and boom, damage. That was a screwed up slot 1. Q'd 4th and finished 9th. I still haven't figured out how things work on dirt I don't think. I don't know if its a matter of being in the wrong gear or if its just the tires not get traction, but it feel like you hit the throttle and the car just sits there. And no matter what I do that 90 degree left before the long back straight I cannot get a good entry or exit, car just feels like it wallows through there.

Last edited:
I still haven't figured out how things work on dirt I don't think. I don't know if its a matter of being in the wrong gear or if its just the tires not get traction, but it feel like you hit the throttle and the car just sits there. And no matter what I do that 90 degree left before the long back straight I cannot get a good entry or exit, car just feels like it wallows through there.
Simple mate:

Keep the revs up by kickin' it down a gear when necessary.
Stay on the brown stuff; it offers much-better traction than the grass.

Last edited:
Simple mate:

Keep the revs up by kickin' it down a gear when necessary.
Stay on the brown stuff; it offers much-better traction than the grass.

100%

I think I'm just overthinking it too much and not downshifting in areas where I think I can carry I higher gear. Anywho, did slot 2, Q'd 4th....finished 5th. It was a fun'ish season I guess, haha.

Qualified P6 and finished P4. I swear the damage must be too sensitive at that time. From what I saw, concentration was everything as the slightest mistakes could end your race early.

20220828_213416.jpg

Screenshot 2022-08-29 at 12.14.43 PM.png

Had I not missed out on RD.6, I could have gone to a higher spot. But at least the short quarter-final round I had from the local event (TGR VE) was kinda the substitute for that.

Back