Toyota Gazoo Racing GT Cup Returns for 2021 With a New Name and New Cars

• Thread starter The359
  • 244 comments
Is it just me, or was it only recently that I noticed that Kinto was the official partner for the Gazoo Racing GT Cup? And apparently, they're some sort of mobility company?

They are a car sharing company where I am. Partner with Toyota (FUNNY THAT!).

They are in a city about 600 miles away from me.

Let's see if I don't get booted, with everyone and their Mama trying to get in these slots.

Edit:
ducks GIF

Last edited:
Can't see why they don't do a server the same way a Daily is. I entered a Race B at 19:10. Exited straightaway. And just now, entered & exited the 19:20 Race A.

I'll just buy and try out the GR86 and not even bother entering the Bathurst race.

Last edited:
Well that was sort of boring, but fun. Q4 and stupidly was paying too much attention to 2nd as he jumped, still after all the barging at the start was in 6th and all was good. Then the boring part, lapping in a way to save tyres (fuel really not an issue). Lap 8 1st goes in, lap 10 next and he looked like he was going to fuel. Others that were pacing with me pitted and I'm in 2nd with a faster guy behind so I just let him by we'll see what the tyres are like at the end. 4 laps to go and the fast guy who pitted on 8 is 8 secs behind so I'm a little concerned but I'm still lapping close to what I started at. Last lap and he's still 5 secs behind and I'm 3 secs behind 1st and 2nd. They both go off at Curva do Sol and I'm on their tails and they both have 0.5 secs. Cross the line in 3rd but 0.8 behind 1st so steal the win. CRB too and I don't do that there very often so shows how slow I was really going.
Not a particularly great race, but there were a few good moments in amongst the boring lapping. Good luck to anyone else going for it.

Entered and after 3 laps of "matchmaking" I made it in.

Managed to out qualify myself and start p9. After someone disconnected at the start I made a nice smooth move around the outside of turn 1 at the start I end up somehow sitting p6 after lap 2.

Just trying to take it easy I am babying my tires but aware I am really not that great at Interlagos, tire saving, or driving the Supra. As I really start to drop off I decide to pit. I expected to be way off the pace so any catch up is good. As expected I come out dead last, but the guy ahead spins out turn 1 and I'm up a spot. I am 19 seconda behind with 7 laps to go. Going pretty patiently I still get within a second of the last car in a pack at the line. Had I pitted a lap earlier I think I would have been blasting by a few of them on better tires, but it was a good race. And gave me something to race for when normally I would be just lapping to finish out the time.

I still auck at the combo, but it was fun tonight.
Good to see @ClanFever and @LeGeNd-1 out there and congrats to Legend on the nice race.

Cheers mate, surprised myself again as I've been very busy and didn't turn a wheel in the game at all this past week. For some reason Interlagos and tyre saving seems to go well with me. A few seasons ago in Manu I pulled a 250 point race in the Audi TT here, also in an extreme tyre saving race. This one is not so bad relatively. I just moved BB to -3 and just be very careful with throttle. Late in the race moved it to -1 as I was starting to get a bit of understeer. Save a bit more in left handers to even out the right/left wear and you're gold. Shift at around 7000 rpm to make fuel last (this is where the peak power for the Supra is anyway, so you're not losing any speed).

I suspect the winner is an alt account of someone in top split. I checked on kudos and he only has 4 days of gameplay, and has already racked up 30+ wins. Obviously his DR is still climbing so he just destroyed all of us in that room. Qualified on pole 0.8 secs faster than me and then just steadily pulled 1 second per lap and finished 18 seconds ahead. I was hoping he was on the Mediums and waited for him to pit, but when he didn't on lap 8 I knew that's it, game over for me lol.

Looking forward to the rally race next. I really wish they would use Fisherman Ranch for once. Sardegna doesn't really have any good overtaking spots.

Last edited:
What's the strategy for today? 8 medium 10 hard?
Better not stopping. 8m/10h isn't much slower but you'll need to be at the front to break free and you'll have several to pass later on. Pole sitter in my race pitted on 8 and was about 13 secs up on me I beat him by 4 secs and he never got close enough to really worry me.

Started... somewhere. Crossed the line on 14th with sweat literally pouring out of me, only I went too far to the inside and finished 16th after I got a penalty. Amazed I did as well as that tbh.

Crikey, those were two of the worst opening laps I can ever recall. An 18 lap race with huge tyre wear and a bit of attention to fuel needed, and people are barging and shoving as if it's Daily Race B. I'm not sure the grid start was the best option really.

Race 1: Qualified 14th, No Stopped. Dropped down to dead last at one point but took a deep breath, tried to take care of my tyres, and nurse it to the end. Never managed to lead, by the time the leaders stopped they were still ahead of me. By the end my tyres were absolutely ruined, and I couldn't hold off the charging one stoppers. Finished 10th.

Race 2: Qualified 10th, decided to One-Stop. Absolute carnage of the first two laps saw me back in 10th after yo-yo ing about, and starting on the hards I began to reel the Medium runners in around Lap 7. Stopped Lap 10, put the Mediums on and came out 8th behind two people struggling. Got past the two of them, but then lost it at Curva Del Sol, and dropped down to 9th. Was actually a hell of a recovery drive that I enjoyed, pulling a Swede in lap after lap, but by the time I caught up, he defended very, very aggressively and I really didn't have an answer that I was willing to do. Carnage at the end saw me 8th, but I feel like I threw away a better finish there. Still, once the initial panic died down that was my kind of race, and I'm pleased with my scores on the doors.

First slot, Door #9, Q'd 15th, Finished 6th for 123 pts.
Shared the track with @afc5150 and a few other familiar names. Started on hards planning a no-stopper. Fell back to 19th, then just concentrated on saving fuel and tires. Had a few good clean battles making my way forward. Made a number of positions with people pitting. My tire wear was better then any of my practice races and gained a couple more positions in the last few laps when their tires went away. Even got a CRB and gained about 600 DR. A fun and satisfying race, hoping I have more in the future.

Enjoyed a pretty competitive race at Interlagos last night. Lined up in Q12 and once through the 4-wide craziness in turn 1, I settled into a pretty decent rhythm. Things were going great and I was up as far as P6 when on lap 17, as I was running out of tires and barely hanging on, I made a small mistake at the first tight right hander and lost a couple of positions. Could have been worse as I didn't actually crash.

Limped it home for a decent enough P8 and 110 points that count. Gained around 300 DR, too. Probably won't enter the last race, as I can only see disaster on the dirt.

Great result for @mobilmasher to work his way through the field, even if one of the positions was at my expense! :gtpflag:

7205856238276445712_0.jpg

7061723460631790096_0.jpg

Just ran the rally stage. Boy is participation very low. Was one of the back marker fillers in a very very depleted top split. Almost 3 seconds a lap off pole. Door 14 of 15 and qualified p12. Long lonely race from there. People in front had way more speed. Behind me kept wrecking. Finished p12, 6 seconds behind p11 and 14 ahead of p13. Not a bad race, looked exciting up in front, but very lonely in my spot. At least it wasnt a disco ball tonight.

Only set up for 16 players. Started 15/16. Finished 13/16. Had a three-way battle all race. Gaps between us would open and close. Last few laps the other two broke away. Final lap, one had hit a barrier and spun.

Funny thing is, the Yaris handles better than the rally cars.

Ran in OZ and Euro and surprisingly I had fun. I'm not great at rally but I did OK Q8 got P5 in OZ and Q6 to P3 for euro and that was constant racing.
Last race looks fun too, tried it out and 8 soft with the mandatory hards on for first or last seems the way to go. I was running about 5 secs a lap faster on the softs and with 15-20 secs pit loss it's a no brainer.

Looked like me in Quali. T-boned the pit wall and got a 1.5 sec penalty. 🤣
Good too share the “track” with ya this evening. 🍻
As you probably saw, I was in barely hanging on until I t-boned the pit entry wall in the last few hundred yards, losing a few positions with my "add insult to injury" penalty.

Good to see you out there, too! :gtpflag:

Well I like Bathurst even though I suck at it so was looking forward to this. Figured I'm too inconsistent to non stop as I make far fewer mistakes with the softs (still loads, but far far less). Quali I manage to get last slot and have a nice gap so I figure I'll at least get a clean lap and everything was looking good until I got to Conrod and ........discoed. AH well got 1 more chance so will try later.
Good luck to all doing this.:cheers:

Entered I'm for the final round. Wasnt expecting much so only ran a few laps warm up. Bad idea. Ended up door 3 in a reasonably friendly lobby minus 1 known jerk. Had a few wobbles on my qualifying lap but it wasnt too bad and ended up starting p13.

I survive a chaotic turn 1 pretty well and am just following the train over the mountain and looking to set up a move. I'm not in position to do anything heading in to the chase so I ease off and sit back. Then promptly put a tire on the grass in the braking zone and go zooming off. Dropping to dead last I decide to just ride it out for a no stop and hope for messes.

I do manage to run down the middle pack after a couple pit for softs, and then I promptly run wide at skyline for a loss of time as well as the insulting penalty of 1 second as well. Then messes start kicking off. I do catch a few to ahead, a few more pit, and then there are 2 wrecks on the last lap so I end up sneaking back to p13 again.

Despite 2 massively costly mistakes I was happy with my pace and tire management while being on the controller so I'm quite happy with the race. Aome people grumpy with the 1 known muppet but everyone else in seemingly pretty happy moods.
Great way to wind up the season.
And congratulations to @ClanFever for working his way to the podium.

2nd attempt and I got to qualify, didn't think it was that good, but Q2:D. Thrown the hards on and will consider stopping depending on what happens. Was expecting at least mid field and to just stop, but I might have a chance here????????
Great start up to 1st, then I start sliding around and end of lap am in 3rd and 3-4secs behind. So I decide to pit, come out last (apart from 1 other pitter) so 17th, but cut through the pack until I come up against an idiot. Don't think she (name implies) was dirty, but was slowing me down and ran me off twice when I was trying to pass cleanly. So I sent her to Hell (corner), not proud but was going to lose places because of her bad driving and she should have given the spot anyway (it really didn't help she was going red and jumping around). Anyhoo I'm up to 10th with 3 to go and thinking my strategy sucked untill people started pitting, some going from H to S this late even saw an M in there somewhere. Think some didn't set their BB right. So end up with 4th. Might have got 3rd without pitting, but then might have ended up last due to running off.
Happy enough with 4th and pitting made it more interesting as I had to do some good passing and/or pouncing on others mistakes.

Back