Toyota GR010 Hypercar is Coming to Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 95 comments
I'm assuming this thing will be a Gr2 car at best given that it's a fair bit slower than Daytona Prototypes which are also a fair bit slower than LMP1 cars.

I'm more excited about the possibility of the GR Corolla being added...
Given that it's not in the Toyota GR GT Cup schedule, when every other fast Toyota (even those not yet in the game) is, I wouldn't expect it until December at the earliest - if at all.

Love to see the Toyota partnership being used to its fullest! However I hope they don’t continue to have tunnel vision when it comes to adding new cars, the Glickenhaus is probably impossible but an updated roster of Gr.3s would be huge for the game. Either way it’s cool to see GT get an LMH

Now, they need to add some Gr.1 events or perhaps even WTC900 events to justify using it and the other Gr.1 cars regularly in World Circuits. Detuning them for WTC800 is a bit of a limitation on what these incredible machines are capable of.

I like these Gr.1 cars otherwise. They are very quick and a great learning experience.

Last edited:
Now, they need to add some Gr.1 events or perhaps even WTC900 events to justify using it and the other Gr.1 cars regularly in World Circuits. Detuning them for WTC800 is a bit of a limitation on what these incredible machines are capable of.

I like these Gr.1 cars otherwise. They are very quick and a great learning experience.

I wouldn't be surprised to see WTC900 races in the next update.

Last edited:
Given that it's not in the Toyota GR GT Cup schedule, when every other fast Toyota (even those not yet in the game) is, I wouldn't expect it until December at the earliest - if at all.
Final says TBA.

Still doesn't mean we won't see it before then. Try to be a bit optimistic for once in your life, eh?

Last edited:
Final says TBA.
The final track yes. The car is quite clearly listed as the GR Yaris...
Still doesn't mean we won't see it before then.
I mean... what would mean that? What's even the point of this observation?
Try to be a bit optimistic for once in your life, eh?
Bizarre, random, and unnecessary dig. All I said was it's not in the schedule at all so you shouldn't expect it based on... you know, the topic here, and you've gone in for a personal attack for no reason.

Try discussing things like a grown-up for once in your life, eh?

Last edited:
Damn, PD really do love their Toyotas.I wish we'd get a few more recent racing cars.
I would say it's not that PD loves Toyota, but the opposite. I believe that Toyota is much smarter and more professional than some brands. Toyota is keen to spread its brand and cars using the PD game.Instead of charging astronomical royalties from PD to put the cars in the game, Toyota likely doesn't even charge or might even pay to put them in. Of course, this is all speculation on my part. But I don't doubt it's the truth. Unlike some smaller western brands, the Japanese already understand that the diffusion of the brand name through the GT game is perhaps much more profitable.

Well, that's interesting for sure, though compared to the rest of gr.1 cars I don't think it will perform all too well since, compared for example to the TS050, it is 13 seconds slower at La Sarthe on a single lap. Though, this addition makes me wonder if we will see other LMP1-H in the future.

It is likely that by the end of the year the GR Corolla and GR GT3 Concept will be added. And I agree that Hypercar can be added to Gr. 2.

Last edited:
Try to be a bit less condescending in your posts then.
Firstly, that's not a condition of posting. You don't get to insult people because of how you think they're posting.

Beyond that, it's the height of arrogance to think your interpretation of how someone is posting is the truth - but then I'd expect nothing less from someone who keeps touting the size of his ignore list.

Every reply from you make comes with an attitude
... in your perception ...
and I've already spoken to Jordan about it.
... which clearly indicates your perception is flawed.
Look under that.
Everything is always TBD in the live final, because it's multi-track, and involves eliminations in a format yet to be decided. It indicates nothing.

Good job implying in the article how much of a joke the "hypercar" class is. Just slower, uglier prototypes. Would be silly to even try to fit them into Gr.1 given how far behind the others they would be.

Firstly, that's not a condition of posting. You don't get to insult people because of how you think they're posting.

Beyond that, it's the height of arrogance to think your interpretation of how someone is posting is the truth - but then I'd expect nothing less from someone who keeps touting the size of his ignore list.

... in your perception ...

... which clearly indicates your perception is flawed.

Everything is always TBD in the live final, because it's multi-track, and involves eliminations in a format yet to be decided. It indicates nothing.
Bet it must have killed him when he realised he couldn't ignore administrators and moderators.

I would say it's not that PD loves Toyota, but the opposite. I believe that Toyota is much smarter and more professional than some brands. Toyota is keen to spread its brand and cars using the PD game.Instead of charging astronomical royalties from PD to put the cars in the game, Toyota likely doesn't even charge or might even pay to put them in. Of course, this is all speculation on my part. But I don't doubt it's the truth. Unlike some smaller western brands, the Japanese already understand that the diffusion of the brand name through the GT game is perhaps much more profitable.

It is likely that by the end of the year the GR Corolla and GR GT3 Concept will be added. And I agree that Hypercar can be added to Gr. 2.
Toyota and Porsche.

Well, it's a bit of a stretch to say it had any real competition. Sure, as Paul says you can only beat what is there but beating some grandfathered LMP2 cars and an iffy privateer isn't saying much. Hopefully the Pug gives them some real competition when it arrives.
Just like any other type of racing where one team dominates. The competition exists, it's just that they didn't do nearly enough of a job to be competitive, not Toyota's fault.

Plus this was their first LMH entry and there were 2 other teams of the same category. I would say something like what you said for the 2018-2020 campaigns where they were the only LMP1 cars on the grid, and yeah, there indeed was no competition. But this one was different. And regardless, they did annihilate, winning all races and most of them 1-2s to boot.

Also this year, at least in the first race of the WEC in Sebring, Toyota has been nerfed to hell by the BoP.

Great one addition! The GR1 class is really strange right now, LMP1, Group C, VGT and now Hypercars in the same mix.
But really we need the TS020 1998 or 1999 badly 😟
This... Feels like such a cluster*****. Is it so hard to just divide these cars based on their actual categories? Or simulated something like the WEC?

We have like 6 Gr. C cars in the game. We have also about 6 or 7 LMP cars and the game can easily have more. more than enough to have a grid of 20 cars just from those 6 like IRL where you have 2 or 3 of the same car competing (even on the same team).

You have a plethora of fake GR.1 VGTs which IMO shouldn't even exist at all, and instead of duplicating those cars, just make events based on the "VGT category". It's this simple PD.

Last edited:
Back