Toyota GR010 Hypercar is Coming to Gran Turismo 7

• Thread starter Famine
  • 95 comments
The ironing is delicious.

Boy, can't wait to use this car and realize it has no one to race against except maybe the Vulcan and the P1 GTR.
That's the thing isn't it😂. I'm sure the Gr.2 GT500's will be good sparring partners for it. Even so, as awesome as this is I can't help seeing the GR010 being the sole representation of the highly anticipated hyperclass in GT7. Then again PD may just be able to squeaze in the licensing for the Porsche LMDH and peugeot LMH respectively. Anything else would be a myth or mirracle. Aside from F1 and rally cars PD seem to aim to add a special trio of cars from a certain timeline meant to compete with another. I suppose that's why the fan base have high hopes for the C8.r joining it's 2 GTLM rivals somewhere down the DLC line.. The Porsche and Peugeot LM hypercars would be my speculative guess as the additional rivals for the GR010 in GT7

I suppose this method also makes liscesing all(the big 3) GT500 cars from a particular era in super GT seem like a more fulfilling addition to the games.... excluding some years in the past, there's generally only ever 3 marks to chose from in the first place so no one loses there.

WOW COOL

what singleplayer events can I enter with it again?
Well there's... all of the races with no PP limit, I suppose. Have fun at the Sunday Cup with no competition?

Maybe this is when they'll finally add a good amount of new races.

1650398480695.png

This is slovak advert posted in February. In my opinion GR010 and BRZ might come with revised Grand Valley Speedway or whatever the track is.

Toyota money coming in thick and fast to PD 🙄 Don't get me wrong, more cars always welcome, but I'd prefer some classic 90s racecar to the new super duper gazoo yaris/supra '21 wiht added 20 horsepower compared to the old slowpoke '20.

However, I'm willing to make the perfect compromise... Toyota GT One 🙏🙏
🙂

I was thinking about buying all the 2016 LMPs. Now, I can just get the GR and build a 2021 Le Mans grid from there. Add the RSR and I'm done. Easy. :lol:

Because Scuderia Glickenhaus built a **** car and then spent a whole season whining for BoP assistance. Result is the "Hypercars" are slower than last year's LMP2 cars. :crazy:
Blame Aston Martin not Glickenhaus, they spent years lobbying to get the regulations to fit their car then withdrew at the last minute (they even took a cheap shot at the championship on the way out to hide the true reason of their imminent bankruptcy). That cost Glickenhaus and Toyota a load of money and forced them to run to compromised regulations.

To polish the turd Aston then started bragging about theoretical Le Mans laptimes leading to this infamous Tweet which upset a few of the less intelligent sim racers:

btw it's great to see the respect between Toyota and Glickenhaus, both different but with enormous passion for racing.

Last edited:
How about using that Toyota connection to get the LFA back in the game plsss pd

Yeah i mean Forza Horizon 5 has the LFA but GT7 not???

And the LFA wasn't in GT sport neither even with that exclusive license they couldn't add it???

Blame Aston Martin not Glickenhaus, they spent years lobbying to get the regulations to fit their car then withdrew at the last minute (they even took a cheap shot at the championship on the way out to hide the true reason of their imminent bankruptcy). That cost Glickenhaus and Toyota a load of money and forced them to run to compromised regulations.

To polish the turd Aston then started bragging about theoretical Le Mans laptimes leading to this infamous Tweet which upset a few of the less intelligent sim racers:

btw it's great to see the respect between Toyota and Glickenhaus, both different but with enormous passion for racing.

That is a pretty one-sided view, don't forget this category was planned to be based on homologated road cars like the GT1 class which is now changed to be basically a cheaper LMP1 class, that allows LMP2 cars with different regulations and no need for homologation at all.

Last edited:

Lots of manufacturers put a lot of hot air into the regulations, only Glick showed up with a car so massively off pace that it wouldn't even consistently take pole in LMP2 and then pouted and threatened to leave if he didn't get the Toyota and Alpine pegged back so he could run somewhere near them on the track for more than one lap.

Whatever cause you want to blame, the result is WEC sucks this year: the new hotness Hypercars might as well be custom built LMP2s, and the re-BoPed / performance-gapped LMP2 cars barely have better top end than the GTE class, making it less safe to race them together.

What's wrong with them? I have not bought them yet in GT7 as I saw some comments in this forum. But what is the problem?
hybrid system doesnt work ..and cars have no top speed...r18 and ts050....and they dont have upgrades...
like porsche 919 does..but same...car has no top speed

Well, that's interesting for sure, though compared to the rest of gr.1 cars I don't think it will perform all too well since, compared for example to the TS050, it is 13 seconds slower at La Sarthe on a single lap. Though, this addition makes me wonder if we will see other LMP1-H in the future.

I'm assuming this thing will be a Gr2 car at best given that it's a fair bit slower than Daytona Prototypes which are also a fair bit slower than LMP1 cars.

Well, the Hypercar is in fact 9 seconds faster than the Nismo GT-R LM, which is also a Gr. 1, on that matter, and only 2 seconds slower than the 2011 Audi R18 other Gr.1.

So why this should be a Gr. 2 and the other two Gr. 1?

Well, the Hypercar is in fact 9 seconds faster than the Nismo GT-R LM, which is also a Gr. 1, on that matter, and only 2 seconds slower than the 2011 Audi R18 other Gr.1.

PDs group system is horrible anyway, it is getting more and more absurd. Group C with LMP1 with Vision GT, GT500 from 2008 with GT500 from 2016 (which have a 150hp power difference) and 90s GT1 cars (which have a completely different aerodynamical concept) is just not possible to BoP correctly, just look at how hard the CLK dominates the current Daily Race C and it will be the same for almost every Group 2 race: 1 type of car or just 1 car will dominate and the others will be heavily outclassed.

Same for Group 1, in GT Sport the Group C cars were not competitive in almost any race bar Le Mans without chicanes I believe (where a lot had to do with their longer gearing that for some reason can't be changed in BoP races).

And even if you use one of them, the racing is just terrible as the cars are so different. Let Group C race with Group C, LMPs race with LMPs, GT1 with GT1, 2016 GT500 with 2016 GT500 and do whatever with the VGTs.

Last edited:

Because of their intended purpose. Everything from the Sauber C11 to the TS050 were prototypes. But the CLK LM and F1 GTR were both homologated sports cars. The LMH category was intended to be homologated but that reg was gotten rid of at some point.

But if we're going by lap time, the TS050 was a whole ten seconds faster than the GR010. The 2011 R18 was a dog - diesel, non-hybrid, rwd, six seconds slower than the Peugeot 908. It ran a 3:25 compared to the Peugeot's 3:19 and the TS050's 3:17.

Because of their intended purpose. Everything from the Sauber C11 to the TS050 were prototypes. But the CLK LM and F1 GTR were both homologated sports cars. The LMH category was intended to be homologated but that reg was gotten rid of at some point.

But if we're going by lap time, the TS050 was a whole ten seconds faster than the GR010. The 2011 R18 was a dog - diesel, non-hybrid, rwd, six seconds slower than the Peugeot 908. It ran a 3:25 compared to the Peugeot's 3:19 and the TS050's 3:17.

That is not correct, except the part that, at some point, the Hypercar category was suppos d to be homologation vehicles.
The R18 wasn't 6 seconds slower than the 908, In fact they lock down the front row. You can't compare lap times from 2010 to 2011, because there was a major regulation overhaul, with the engine sizes being heavily reduced, on case of the Audi and the Peugeot, from 5.5 l to 3.7, in order to reduce overall speeds.
It's precisely like comparing times from TS050 with the GR10, both cases regulations were established to reduce laptimes to a target time several seconds slower than previous generation.

You can't compare lap times from 2010 to 2011, because there was a major regulation overhaul, with the engine sizes being heavily reduced, on case of the Audi and the Peugeot, from 5.5 l to 3.7, in order to reduce overall speeds.
You can't compare, but IF you compare, it is correct, is it ... ?

Back