Toyota GR86 Coming to Gran Turismo Sport on July 8

Interesting to see tuner models at Fuji.

It's a good thing to add cars, to keep the game alive. It's not the most exciting car, but it's a new one.

Now we have 4 street version of the Toyota 86...
Not enought to overtake GT6 records: 17 Honda S2000, 34 Mazda Roadster, 22 RX-7 (FD), 19 Impreza :D

Oh, I'll get cracking on the updated Saitama Toyopet GreenBrave 86 Camp 86/BRZ Race livery. :D

Interesting to see tuner models at Fuji.

It's a good thing to add cars, to keep the game alive. It's not the most exciting car, but it's a new one.

Now we have 4 street version of the Toyota 86...
Not enought to overtake GT6 records: 17 Honda S2000, 34 Mazda Roadster, 22 RX-7 (FD), 19 Impreza :D
I think we'll see plenty GT86/GR86/BRZ models from the past concept cars, tuners, road and race models, in GT7. ;)
This looks like an F-Type knockoff.
The lights do, a little bit.
If you have a look in 86 Breeze freeze thread, comparison photos show it looks like a smaller RC F. The profile, windows, side sills and even the rear bumper, look akin to it's bigger cousin. 👍

For the in-game price, it'll be interesting which cars it competes with. Quicker than the S2000? MR2? 4C?
230hp/1270kg, it'll be a nice performance coupe.

Last edited:
But I take the AE86 out of this list.

...that's like taking the first-gen MX-5s off the list...or the Imprezas... Kinda inconsistent. Though I guess if you're only counting "identical twins" for each list I can see your point.

...that's like taking the first-gen MX-5s off the list...or the Imprezas... Kinda inconsistent. Though I guess if you're only counting "identical twins" for each list I can see your point.
... which would be fine if the GR86 wasn't a different car entirely, which it is.

I’d rather learn about how GT7 is shaping up than driving another version of the same car we had for years, 2.4l engine or not.

I guess I shouldn’t complain, it’s free. But it’s also evident how subpar PDs marketing and fan engagement is in 2021.

With so many talented streamers and you tubers, why don’t they establish more social media presence to keep us interested? After all we are all going to through money at GT7 right? Unless we lost interest.

It feels like having an old friend that never gets in touch.

Last edited:
mef
I’d rather learn about how GT7 is shaping up than driving another version of the same car we had for years, 2.4l engine or not.

I guess I shouldn’t complain, it’s free. But it’s also evident how subpar PDs marketing and fan engagement is in 2021.

With so many talented streamers and you tubers, why don’t they establish more social media presence to keep us interested? After all we are all going to through money at GT7 right? Unless we lost interest.

It feels like having an old friend that never gets in touch.
Literally every week, there's new daily races or FIA races being streamed by many. They're entertaining. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Everyone knows GT7 is in the works. Constantly talking about it would just make the wait harder to bear, build up way too much hype, urge a release, and end up as Cyberpunk 2.0.

There's more to do in life than wait for one game to come out.

I wonder if the game will keep going after, I mean, that'll do approx 330-340 cars total, Kaz said he'd take that count in the 500'ish.

Some new GT League events would also be good in the meanwhile that GT7 comes out.

It will keep me entertained for a little while when I'm not playing Assetto Corsa.

Literally every week, there's new daily races or FIA races being streamed by many. They're entertaining. I have no idea what you're talking about.

What I had in mind was developer stories, or other updates on GT7 by the developers or sim racers that may have early access. None of this exists, it’s a very closed process.

Having a quick look at the GTS car list. Outside the GT86/BRZs currently in the game, the S2000 and E30 M3 are the closest in power and weight, to the GR86.
There'd need to be an 1 or 2-Series or E36 M3 or S13 Silvia or Porsche 944 to compare the GR86 to. There really are next to nil cars on the planet, like the 86/BRZ(manual, 4-seat, 4-cylinder, RWD, coupe).

I am a bit surprised they did not release a PS5 enhanced version of the game offering 120fps.

Last edited:
That would be gt7.

Honestly I don't get why PS4 games need to make updates for PS5.
Probably because people who jump now into the PS5 and did not have a PS4 before want to see the shiny.
Also i dont think its that difficult to unlock framerate for example or make smth go from 30 to 60 fps or make a higher resolution. Its not like a complete rework of the games so can be achieved relatively easy i guess. So why then not make it? I know for example many people who wanted to play certain Sony games but could not be bothered with 30fps, but would love to play them on the PS5.

Last edited:
Probably because people who jump now into the PS5 and did not have a PS4 before want to see the shiny.
Also i dont think its that difficult to unlock framerate for example or make smth go from 30 to 60 fps or make a higher resolution. Its not like a complete rework of the games so can be achieved relatively easy i guess. So why then not make it? I know for example many people who wanted to play certain Sony games but could not be bothered with 30fps, but would love to play them on the PS5.
If you didn't own a PS4 what difference does it make what a ps4 game looks like on a ps5? Saying it's an easy change to make is easy to do when you don't have to make the changes yourself.

You're asking a game developer to delegate resources for an update that has minimal gain. Either you own the game already, or its $20 on psn. Not much to be gained from making a ps5 update.

BRZ is pretty same as Toyota 86 GT, as MX-5 with Eunos or Impreza between 1993 and 2000 version (Version I to IV).

The AE86 is a different car, engine, looking, era, etc...

Last edited:
I was bored this morning so I looked up why they call it Gazoo.
"The very origin is a Japanese word, 'gazo,' which means 'picture' or 'image,'" Toyota motorsport boss Koei Saga told Autocar.

"Almost 20 years ago our president wanted to change the structure of our company and he introduced what at the time was a very new online system using images of cars for the reselling of used cars," Saga added.

Why is Toyota racing called 'Gazoo'? Autoweek explains

And the original site -
Toyota Motor Corporation Car Information Site - GAZOO

If you didn't own a PS4 what difference does it make what a ps4 game looks like on a ps5? Saying it's an easy change to make is easy to do when you don't have to make the changes yourself.

You're asking a game developer to delegate resources for an update that has minimal gain. Either you own the game already, or its $20 on psn. Not much to be gained from making a ps5 update.

mate, i am really not that invested in this topic, i just said why i can imagine someone might want to play it on ps5.
imagine a pc player who would be interestedin uncharted, but you are used to a minimum of 60fps in your games. now the ps5 comes along and all of a sudden there might be the option to play that game finally with a better framerate.
you are right i have no idea exactly(!) how easy or hard it is to bring games from ps4 enhanced over to ps5, but luckily i dont need to, apparently Sony decided that its a good thing and thats why they are doing it. i am good with that.

Last edited:

Everyone knows GT7 is in the works. Constantly talking about it would just make the wait harder to bear, build up way too much hype, urge a release, and end up as Cyberpunk 2.0.

Define "new" lol. We've been getting recycled dailies, sometimes even the very same 3 races in one go for quite some time now. They have stopped caring in that aspect.

When you have invested so much time in GTS, frankly way more time than you should for what the game has to offer, you can't help but be a little disappointed with the excuses and delays PD keeps to drop. We've been hearing about "console limitations", delays and the only thing Kaz seems to be able to do is to talk things up while giving nothing.

On a more positive note, they still haven't revealed the final track for said race so I hope they'll actually bring Trial Mountain on GTS since we know it was at least halfway developed when the trailer came out.

After almost 4 years of a half-empty filler game and a full year without any significant updates minus a car or two, it's only natural that the majority will not be happy. I still appreciate the extra content but they haven't really given us anything spectacular lately to be all hopeful and happy.

Back