Toyota GR86 Coming to Gran Turismo Sport on July 8

Ok that’s cool so what’s happening with Vision Jaguar isn’t that meant to be coming and also what about the car that one the sema Gran turismo award is that coming too????? Haven’t had a decent update for a long time and also there is still a lot of good real world tracks missing.

I think there's three VGTs that were supposed to be coming but in reality, will most likely be pushed onto GT7.

Jaguar was supposed to make a Gr.1 model of what we already have plus and e-pace EV SUV?

+ Porsche LL 917 reimagining and the single seat Lamborghini space ship VGT.

Why so many GT fans whining about GT7 will also be released on PS4 though? Like they can purchase the game alone for millions copies.:nervous:

This looks like a nice upgrade for the 86. I might actually buy one IRL.

What still baffling is the interior on the Supra "GR4". I so wish they would give it a real racecar one.

Last edited:
When I see GT86 (FR86 here) on the road, they look so low I worry about the clearance. Smashing those lower lights on curbs must be pretty easy or like 1 pylon.

R8fea2032b10c2f5a55bdc3d890d65289

2022-Toyota-GR-86-Engine-Specs-Equipment-Revealed-800x445.jpg

Last edited:
Wonder if we'll also get the new TRD Tundra. Saw it in a news feed yesterday. With GT7 still a ways off, might get more Toyotas after this GR86.

I bet we'll get new BBS content alongside the GR86, too. I think the first FIAGTC World Series round featured new BBS wheels for the Manufacturers Series cars, too.

Last edited:
In the gtpnews article, it was announced by Toyota Gazoo Racing. There are a couple links in the article for reference.
I checked the article again, all the links there redirect to previous GTPlanet articles. Couldn't find links directing to Toyota Gazoo Racing's announcement regarding the release date of the car in GTS.

I checked the article again, all the links there redirect to previous GTPlanet articles. Couldn't find links directing to Toyota Gazoo Racing's announcement regarding the release date of the car in GTS.
Here
It's in Japanese but it says it in the 'e-motorsports' section

Thanks for the reply! Can't see the link though. But if it's in japanese I won't understand it anyways, so I'll take your word for it.
Ah my bad, was supposed to be attached to 'here' but anyways

Excited for the next update.

I love how GT Sport improves more and more.

Come on PD, give us some new features !
I like your optimistic view. But, PD hasn't improved much in a year. It's a very old game. PD hasn't stopped messing with the penalty system, which is it biggest issue for 2+ years. Notice only one brand has gotten new cars? I wouldn't expect anything for GTS. The GR86 is surprising.

What still baffling is the interior on the Supra "GR4". I so wish they would give it a real racecar one.
Same, I'm hoping the car entirely gets swapped out in GT7, in exchange for the actual GT4 car.

On a somewhat related note, I hope all cars have interior views in GT7 - especially the VGTs like the Mercedes-Benz cars, but I'm not sure what'll happen to the Toyota S-FR Racing Concept. Maybe PD can ask CALTY to draw up an interior for it? If they can't, then I hope that just the base S-FR returns in GT7, and the S-FR Racing Concept is left behind in GTS.

Last edited:
Excited for the next update.

I love how GT Sport improves more and more.

Come on PD, give us some new features !

I like your optimistic view. But, PD hasn't improved much in a year. It's a very old game. PD hasn't stopped messing with the penalty system, which is it biggest issue for 2+ years. Notice only one brand has gotten new cars? I wouldn't expect anything for GTS. The GR86 is surprising.
I think I'm right in saying the only thing you could consider a feature to be added was GT League, right? I don't recall anything else, just car + track content. Which isn't a bad thing of course, but clearly that was their priority, not new features. Saving those for GT7, hopefully.

I hope it reaches N400. Otherwise this isnt too exciting. Releasing a single car shouldnt be a big deal.

A string of cars in a class and a track? yeah...

I hope it reaches N400. Otherwise this isnt too exciting. Releasing a single car shouldnt be a big deal.

A string of cars in a class and a track? yeah...
This is just advertisement for Toyota, nothing more.

Back