Toyota GR86 Coming to Gran Turismo Sport on July 8

Not sure why people are STILL expecting so much. GT7 is in development and while its not coming anytime soon, there is still a new game they need to work on. Really makes no sense to me why people are still expecting multiple tracks and cars when even last year it was made clear from the start that updates were going to be very light and not as often. Odds are even without the pandemic, 2021 was going to be a similar story regardless.

I really don’t Understand, with gt7 Delayed, why can’t we at least get one new track or more rain add to track with this update.
I think because GT Sport has sold all its gonna sell and no amount of updates matters now... they spend the money they get no more sales, sales they dont care about so why bother.

Unless your contract with Toyota means you have to deliver new Toyota models.

8.600 Cr.? Now that's what I call a bargain! 😂

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20210708045219.jpg

"86" on purpose I think. It's to drive up sales. If it goes back to the as advertised price in the initial reveal, they'll act like it was a mistake. No doubt a "quick patch". It's all a set up. ;)

What colours are there? Only white and red in the preview trailers.
Seven colours: Sapphire Blue, Bright Blue, Spark Red, Crystal Black Silica, Magnetite Gray Metallic, Ice Silver Metallic, Crystal White Pearl
1625735299158.png

Comparing the GT86 silhouette, I'd say the GT86 looks more LFA and Toyota-like. The GR86 looks very much like a Cayman(maybe Boxster) or Porsche-like. Fits the flat-engine theme. ;)
1625736108494.png

1625736144158.png

1625736178027.png

We have rear fog light. ;)
1625736266245.png

1625736299590.png

Last edited:
Drives real nice. Feels like less body roll and stronger brakes than the GT86.
The new one felt like it literally sticks to the road in Mount Panorama compared to its predecessors. But I have to ask about its absurd (but "good") price*.

1625746617322.png
*Because I have 70 extra white ones now.

Attachments

• 1625746618943.png
    1625746618943.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 15
Comparing the GT86 silhouette, I'd say the GT86 looks more LFA and Toyota-like. The GR86 looks very much like a Cayman(maybe Boxster) or Porsche-like. Fits the flat-engine theme. 😉
View attachment 1066239

View attachment 1066241

We have rear fog light. 😉
View attachment 1066242
From the side I can see your Cayman reference. From the back, especially on the first picture above where the old and new red cars are next to each other, I have a very strong NSX vibe and I'm not particulalry fond of the current NSX styling.

Gotta be honest: I know that I'm part of a very small minority with this - maybe completely alone :) - but I like the old one better.

I wonder how long it'll take them to patch that out.
They won't. It's purposely low so they can later report how many people buy them for marketing and promoting the real car.

Make no mistake, this car has been added for the sole reason of promoting the real car for Toyota.

Last edited:
I didnt expect much out of this car and I dont get much.

Its a pretty neutral car all round. It seems to have the weakest Level 3 360hp engine of any car in GT Sport.

Expect to get walked by fwd hatches. Goddamn these 86s are all decent cars crying for a real motor.

Dan
Japanese junk? What?
An improvement from the previous Toyota 86, but still I think it's underpowered and with poor torque. It is also heavier than the previous one, an unimpressive 1350kg... Oh well, at least in the game we can upgrade it...
Also, I say "another japanese junk" because, rather than another freaking Toyota, I'd have other cars, for example, some Lotus model, which we've had none in GTS and I missed them a lot.

Last edited:
Back