Toyota GT-one Road Car VS. Mazda 787B

Which car is better in your opinion , Toyota GT-one Road Car or Mazda 787B ?

• Toyota GT-one Road Car

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • Mazda 787B

Votes: 43 58.9%

• Total voters
Which car do you think is better ? The Mazda 787B or the Toyota GT1 Road Car ?
I personally prefer the GT1 , don't ask why .

* EDIT *
Come to think of it , my avatar has a picture of a 787B . But I like the GT1 . Hey , I'm weird !!! :banghead:

Yeah .. I prefer the 787B looks too , while the GT1 has a nice rear , but the front .... bah !! I don't like it . I like the GT1's handling in the game , the 787B is pretty .. ermm ............ < ---- insert suitable word here .

:D Must ditto Red Eye Racers remarks. I haven't driven either for quite a while, but you've just gotta love the Mazda's "Howling" exhaust over the "Bunch o' Mad Bees" emitting from the GT1...UB57
:D

ROFL,.. oh man, I forgot all about that, LOL,.... "shhhhpfffffft, SHPPPPPPPPFFFFT, SHPPPPPPFT, SHPFTTTT, SHPPPTF",..... AAAAAHHHH, it could drive a man MAD! The Road version is even worse :lol:

:D YES IT IS!!!! That's why in my failed quest to beat the Game w/only Road Cars I used the GT1 Road Car only when ABSOLUTELY neccessary!!! Thank God for my trusty ZZII, now THERE'S an exhaust note to remember!!!...UB57

Originally posted by under18carbon
Yeah .. I prefer the 787B looks too , while the GT1 has a nice rear , but the front .... bah !! I don't like it . I like the GT1's handling in the game , the 787B is pretty .. ermm ............ < ---- insert suitable word here .

You effective said absolutely nothing here.

The GT-One is closer to a Formula 1 car than the 787B, but somehow can't quite get the performance that the 787B has. I think the 787B has more downforce generating more grip in the turns. It also has a higher top speed and better tire wear. Come to think of it, I think it accelerates faster as well.

When you get either one tuned in real nice you can be somewhat competetive even with the Formula 1 cars. It's pretty amazing how fast they are. And don't underestimate the power of the Nissan R390 Race Car. That thing can haul balls too! (:

Originally posted by LoudMusic
You effective said absolutely nothing here.

The GT-One is closer to a Formula 1 car than the 787B, but somehow can't quite get the performance that the 787B has. I think the 787B has more downforce generating more grip in the turns. It also has a higher top speed and better tire wear. Come to think of it, I think it accelerates faster as well.

When you get either one tuned in real nice you can be somewhat competetive even with the Formula 1 cars. It's pretty amazing how fast they are. And don't underestimate the power of the Nissan R390 Race Car. That thing can haul balls too! (:

<-Red Eye scratches his head wondering if Loud Music is high on crack->

Loud music, the fact is out of the the three cars you mention the top lap times and top speeds are achieved with the GTone. And the nissan, Unless that is, you can prove me wrong.:D

damn i need to work on my driving then

i find the mazda faster everywhere.
And like a few of u said the exhaust note is way better than the toyotas

i was convinced the 787 was faster - rats

Originally posted by Red Eye Racer
ROFL,.. oh man, I forgot all about that, LOL,.... "shhhhpfffffft, SHPPPPPPPPFFFFT, SHPPPPPPFT, SHPFTTTT, SHPPPTF",..... AAAAAHHHH, it could drive a man MAD! The Road version is even worse :lol:

Hmm... I forgot about that sound . I always turn off the game sound for some reason and put in a CD . Hmm ....

Well, when you think about it, the 787B was in 1991, and the GT-One from 1997, and the R390 GT1 was 1998.

Isn't the 787B more comparable to the GT-One RACE Car?

I would definitely pick the 787B over the GT-One Road car. I dont even think it has full downforce?

I love the 787B, it is an explosively quick car.

But when compared to the GT-One and R390, it doesnt stack up.

It is about 8-9 years older than its friends.

The GT-One is pretty obviously better than the 787B in my books, and it handles faster than most people's reflexes.

But, the one I would pull off the fastest laps with, would be the R390. First of all, I make up all of time in this car where it counts. I wouldn't say it has the long sweeping lateral grip of the GT-One, but the R390 makes up all of that time with unbelievable brakes that keep you pointed in whatever direction you want. It also stops you fast and lines you up to get some amazing exit speed on any tight-ish turn before a straightaway. After you have gotten hard on the brakes, you can pull out of the slowest turns with almost no throttle modulation and pull away like a damn bullet train. The R390 engine has the perfect power band that is completely matched to the car in every way.

Just talking about the R390 makes me want to play GT3 with it.

What beautiful cars.........

R390
car-nissan_race2.jpg

787B
car-mazda_race2.jpg

:D Hey Red Eye Racer,
Great Foto!!! Can't tell but is it a "RED R390??? If so hope it's in GT4 along w/all the other new Japanese Racers!!!

BTW: Have had my Wheel & PS2 plugged into seperate outlets for 2 days WITHOUT any Glitches!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed...UB57

Cool,....

I've come to the conclusion that the glitch is an information overload issue.

Example: It fail's more often while driving the Escudo than the Mini. Hard to explain, but you can probably see where I'm going with that 👍

BTW,.... the pic was modifed by a friend of mine in PhotoShop. Not sure what his original template looked like <-shrugs->.

:D Yeh, mine fails most often when the front end gets light, but oddly enough it's never "Glitched" over the jumps @ Seattle or thru the Corkscrew @ Laguna Seca. Go Figure!!!...UB57

Man,.. LSR is where I get it the most. High speed turns over rumble strips are the worst. Also, driveing head on into a wall at 200+ mph seems to do it too :lol: :banghead:

I have grown with toyotas around me. My parents first car was a toyota corona 76. Then the last car was a toyota too, Toyota Tercel 98 DX. So, my vote goes to the toyota gt-one road car. That car has better handling than the 787b to me.

I have one question. Why is he comparing the GT1 road car to the 787 and not the GT1 race car? The GT1 race car is far superior to the 787 without a doubt. I have used the 787, Nissan 390, and the GT1 race car in the F1 series and even the Nissan is better than the 787.

Originally posted by freerider
I have one question. Why is he comparing the GT1 road car to the 787 and not the GT1 race car? The GT1 race car is far superior to the 787 without a doubt. I have used the 787, Nissan 390, and the GT1 race car in the F1 series and even the Nissan is better than the 787.

I dont think anyone is talking about the road car in that manor,.... it's just got a louder turbo than the Race version.

What does this mean? - "and even the Nissan is better than the 787."

Are you implying that you LIKE the TS020 the best,.... or that it IS the best of the three?

What I was trying to say was why compare a road car to a comp car, if you have the same class of car as the 787. For me the 787 is good but as far as performance I would rate the GT1 race car1st, the Nissan R390 2nd, and the & the 787b 3rd. Of the 3 car the 787b is older and doesn't handle as crisply.

Back