Toyota - GT Sport E-Sports Program and Return to Other Titles?

• Thread starter iCyCo
  • 16 comments
Barbados
Barbados
iCyCo
GT5: The Ultimate
http://toyotagazooracing.com/release/2019/other/0207-01.html

Toyota outlines it's 2019 Motorsports activities and they mention not only an E-Sports program featuring GT Sport but also other racing games. With GT Sport being one of the few modern racing titles to feature Toyota vehicles it's probably a given that GT Sport would be chosen, but with the statement also mentioning other racing games does this signal the return of Toyota to other racing titles?

In addition, we will focus on “e-Motor Sports” in collaboration with Gran Turismo SPORT and other racing games. We are engaging in such various motorsports activities to e-Motor Sports.

A large percentage of manufacturers are, or will soon be, pushing an eSports initiative. Hopefully this leads to having more Toyota race cars in GT Sport - TS020 GT-one and TS050 Hybrid 2018 I'm looking at you.

The obvious choice for this is of course GT Sport as they have a decent presence and a huge install base too. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Toyota finally come to iRacing with it's TS050 2016 to compete with Porsche and Audi.
What I think could be a big player for them, assuming the rumour of WEC inclusion is true, is GTR3 whenever that launches.

Again, don't see it happening as a result of this. Motegi is a Honda track BTW

Yes, I know it's a Honda track. With that logic are you saying that all races will be ran at Fuji?

My suggestion was based on that they can't be expected to run every race at Fuji so an additional Japanese track might be added.

May as well generalise it and suspect more Japanese tracks. Granted, previous Japanese tracks now feature in GT SPORT, but we've gotten totally new tracks from around the globe.

If PD have taken time to build those circuits, Sugo, Autopolis and Okayama are possibilities.

Yes, I know it's a Honda track. With that logic are you saying that all races will be ran at Fuji?

My suggestion was based on that they can't be expected to run every race at Fuji so an additional Japanese track might be added.

It's a demo, it's going to be very limited in content in cars and tracks.

What demo?

That's how I interpret this article, Toyota potentially hosting a live e-sports competition using a very trimmed down version of the game.

And I don't see any reason they would withhold any track content from GT Sport so it could make its PS4 debut in a one-off version of the game. One car, maybe.

Its not unprecedented for PD to produce versions of the game like 350Z Edition for what I assume were demonstration purposes at car shows.

Last edited:
That's how I interpret this article, Toyota potentially hosting a live e-sports competition using a very trimmed down version of the game.

I imagined they would just be doing something similar to what Nissan did with their GT Sport Cup. Basically just running a contest using GT Sport. All we are speculating on is this sentence "we will focus on “e-Motor Sports” in collaboration with Gran Turismo SPORT". That's it, not much to go off.

I imagined they would just be doing something similar to what Nissan did with their GT Sport Cup. Basically just running a contest using GT Sport. All we are speculating on is this sentence "we will focus on “e-Motor Sports” in collaboration with Gran Turismo SPORT". That's it, not much to go off.
That's still plenty to speculate from. Going by PD's history, Nissan aren't headlining a GT Academy. With the soon to be FormulaE collaboration and a bit of tie-in with AMG, via Lewis Hamilton, this could become a Toyota stand alone thing.
Sort of like the AMG Academy in GT5.

Would Toyota want to branch off GT Sport, by not having it in the current game, similar to how GT ACademy Time Trials only required a PlayStation 3 to take part?

That's still plenty to speculate from. Going by PD's history, Nissan aren't headlining a GT Academy. With the soon to be FormulaE collaboration and a bit of tie-in with AMG, via Lewis Hamilton, this could become a Toyota stand alone thing.
Sort of like the AMG Academy in GT5.

Would Toyota want to branch off GT Sport, by not having it in the current game, similar to how GT ACademy Time Trials only required a PlayStation 3 to take part?

Well yes, but that doesn't mean new content. It's just done so someone cant go set faster times with another manufacturers car in their own event.

Well yes, but that doesn't mean new content. It's just done so someone cant go set faster times with another manufacturers car in their own event.
What it does, is gain Toyota further access to the youth. They're making/have made a comeback with their racing programs(WRC, WEC, SuperGT). Gazoo Racing isn't "TRD". 86 Community is good. Supra is here. Corolla still has a manual transmission. A sporting car or more sports cars look to be on the horizon.

We've already got the Supra "GTE" Concept. There is a possibility new content could arrive in this game. If there is none, there is none. Still a possibility there could be.

What it does, is gain Toyota further access to the youth. They're making/have made a comeback with their racing programs(WRC, WEC, SuperGT). Gazoo Racing isn't "TRD". 86 Community is good. Supra is here. Corolla still has a manual transmission. A sporting car or more sports cars look to be on the horizon.

We've already got the Supra "GTE" Concept. There is a possibility new content could arrive in this game. If there is none, there is none. Still a possibility there could be.

Not saying there isn't. But I think if there is new content, it would be a car, not any tracks.

And I don't see any reason they would withhold any track content from GT Sport so it could make its PS4 debut in a one-off version of the game. One car, maybe.

Its not unprecedented for PD to produce versions of the game like 350Z Edition for what I assume were demonstration purposes at car shows.
I don't see how there's anything to interpret. They announced esports participation, nothing else regarding games.

Latest Posts

Back