FINISHED. TPC GR Supra Supercup. Champion - Pigems.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 845 comments

Tyre wear. Pit stop for tyre change is mandatory, regardless.

• Keep at x3.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Reduce to x2.

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So it does, I probably should've read the rules before signing up.

:)

I did a brief test at the weekend in the Surpa. I thought it was a better drive than the Lexus I used on Saturday night for Kermit's series.

Also I worked out I was going about 8-10 mph too slow though the final chicane during that race.

Going to add a poll regarding tyre wear multipliers.

That’s partially why I’m considering a 2 stop here, more testing needed. I was just going for pace last night, tonight I’ll test out making the tires last. Race should be around 26/27 laps I think. So maybe three 9 lap stints. Fuel is not an issue at all.

Even running reduced fuel load, it shouldn't be an issue :)

Sorry @El_Beardo struggling for time at the minute, will get into practice a bit nearer.

Tyre wear we ran at Kyoto (long version) in our endurance on Saturday just gone was x2 and fr cars were struggling after 4/5 laps. So your probs looking 8-10 laps for the shorter versions. However everyone is in the same car so.... doesn’t bother me too much although I prefer lower wear overall. Really enjoyed the sprint races last year, they were the perfect length and with lower starting fuel it worked out really well.

I don't get home tonight until 17:30 PST. Probably gonna miss it.

Looks like it. That would put me far too late to wake up early enough for work.

Sorry @El_Beardo struggling for time at the minute, will get into practice a bit nearer.

Tyre wear we ran at Kyoto (long version) in our endurance on Saturday just gone was x2 and fr cars were struggling after 4/5 laps. So your probs looking 8-10 laps for the shorter versions. However everyone is in the same car so.... doesn’t bother me too much although I prefer lower wear overall. Really enjoyed the sprint races last year, they were the perfect length and with lower starting fuel it worked out really well.

No worries, man. I'll have lobbies open most days next week, hopefully. I'll be struggling for game time after tonight, until Sunday.

Good info to have, mate. Cheers. Yeah, I like the sprint style races. Trying to throw a little strategy into the mix this season, with the mandatory tyre change. Hoping the ballast will keep things tight at the top, too.

The ballast will be the biggest change.

The only problem with strategy is for example if you have high tyre wear, everyone just pits on the optimum lap.
If you have low tyre wear, everyone pits either very early or very late because it’s just good to have clean air. Which will be compounded with ballast as the faster drivers will struggle more in traffic carrying the weight.

I’m easy, racing’s racing and this is a solid grid, really looking forward to it whatever you decide. I should have more time next week to run some laps 👍.

edit: quick idea- 1x tyre/fuel, lowest starting fuel possible, mandatory stop with pit window only open for the middle 5 laps only. Then the overcut undercut is viable depending how the race is going

Last edited:
edit: quick idea- 1x tyre/fuel, lowest starting fuel possible, mandatory stop with pit window only open for the middle 5 laps only. Then the overcut undercut is viable depending how the race is going

The only issues there, are x1 won't give much indication of tyre wear. The Bridgestone series races were longer than this, and tyre wear didn't have much of an effect (although, that's what I wanted) and with these races being timed, rather than lap counted, specific lap counts will be tricky.

Edit: That being said, the Supra is pretty aggressive with it's tyres.

We could say "tyre change must take place after 10 or 15 minutes"

Extra round info.

One extra "exhibition" fly away round will take place, mid season. Date TBC, but will follow the biweekly schedule. We're off to Interlagos.

Livery rules will differ at this round (details to follow) So, go nuts with art car liveries.

*edited to remove geography stupidity.

Last edited:
Extra round info.

One extra "exhibition" fly away round will take place, mid season. Date TBC, but will follow the biweekly schedule. I'm going to keep everything based in the southern hemisphere. So, we're off to Interlagos.

Livery rules will differ at this round (details to follow) So, go nuts with art car liveries.
I like the sound of that, I've already got an idea in my head.

btw 6 out of the 8 races are in Japan (northern hemisphere) :lol:

BoP - Power 95% - Weight 95% (561bhp - 1180kg)
For me, you can only select 562hp.

Edit: First impression of the car is that it is horrible. :P But after ~15 laps I got the hang of it. Don't see much of an issue with the tire wear, ran my fastest lap (1:33.357) on the 14th lap. Almost all of my laps were in the mid to low 33's.

Last edited:
For me, you can only select 562hp.

Edit: First impression of the car is that it is horrible. :P But after ~15 laps I got the hang of it. Don't see much of an issue with the tire wear, ran my fastest lap (1:33.357) on the 14th lap. Almost all of my laps were in the mid to low 33's.

My bad, it is 562. I'll edit.

To be fair to the car, it feels really nice at a balanced circuit, like Suzuka. It does feel horrible at Kyoto.

Back