FINISHED. TPC GR Supra Supercup. Champion - Pigems.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 845 comments

Tyre wear. Pit stop for tyre change is mandatory, regardless.

• Keep at x3.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Reduce to x2.

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just done a quick experiment with my tyre temperature theory, this is with the settings for qualifying in a custom race.

Driving a flat out outlap the flying lap was a 1:32.660, with a slow outlap 1:32.365. Both laps felt about the same so I'm sure most of the difference is down to tyre grip. 3 tenths (almost all of that came from T1 and 135R after the esses) is too much to be one laps tyre wear since the drop off doesn't look too bad, I'm convinced now it's the front tyres being too hot through the long left handers. In the race we'll just have to deal with what we have but there is good time to be gained in qualifying.

Edit: Experiment part 2: You can drive a flat out lap then follow it up with a slow lap to cool the tyres before your next hot lap and the tyre grip will come back up to pretty much the original level. that pretty much confirms the temperature thing.

Last edited:
Just done a quick experiment with my tyre temperature theory, this is with the settings for qualifying in a custom race.

Driving a flat out outlap the flying lap was a 1:32.660, with a slow outlap 1:32.365. Both laps felt about the same so I'm sure most of the difference is down to tyre grip. 3 tenths (almost all of that came from T1 and 135R after the esses) is too much to be one laps tyre wear since the drop off doesn't look too bad, I'm convinced now it's the front tyres being too hot through the long left handers. In the race we'll just have to deal with what we have but there is good time to be gained in qualifying.

Edit: Experiment part 2: You can drive a flat out lap then follow it up with a slow lap to cool the tyres before your next hot lap and the tyre grip will come back up to pretty much the original level. that pretty much confirms the temperature thing.

This is the same drop I was getting during my long run. First couple laps stable then a few tenths drop then stable till around 10 then dropping off quite a lot 👍

good work :cheers:

Nice one! Enjoyed that. I made a couple of mistakes and lost the midfield pack. Took a cheeky 2nd pit stop to have fresh tyres at the end in case of errors ahead or tyre wear. Neither happened. I can't remember who was 7th and 8th, but they having a close battle from about lap 15 until the end!

I'm happy with 9th.

Nice one! Enjoyed that. I made a couple of mistakes and lost the midfield pack. Took a cheeky 2nd pit stop to have fresh tyres at the end in case of errors ahead or tyre wear. Neither happened. I can't remember who was 7th and 8th, but they having a close battle from about lap 15 until the end!

I'm happy with 9th.

Was in 7th until serving a 1 second penalty on the last lap, we were basically glued together.

Great racing today fellas! Congrats @R1600Turbo on the Win, great race man! :cheers: I was surprised when you took on fuel, I wasn’t expecting to see you again in that race. Made for a fun 2nd stint though trying to hold you off. :)

Congrats @Drex124 on the podium finish, well done man! :cheers:

Thanks again for hosting @El_Beardo It was another fun race! :)

Didn’t see what happened there at the beginning between @Kermit_2142 and @GOTMAXPOWER ??

Last edited:
Great racing today fellas! Congrats @R1600Turbo on the Win, great race man! :cheers: I was surprised when you took on fuel, I wasn’t expecting to see you again in that race. Made for a fun 2nd stint though trying to hold you off. :)

Congrats @Drex124 on the podium finish, well done man! :cheers:

Thanks again for hosting @El_Beardo It was another fun race! :)

Didn’t see what happened there at the beginning between @Kermit_2142 and @GOTMAXPOWER ??

I punted @GOTMAXPOWER :lol::lol: (Sorry), he’s politely saying it was his fault but I’d go 70/30 my fault.

Yes great racing everyone. Just flicked through the replay and plenty of action all the way through the field. :cheers:

Last edited:
Had zero practice with the standing start, literally forgot about it until right after qualifying and then scrambled to turn on the TCS before the lights went off. :lol: (this car boggs down like crazy) So that threw off my start, then didn't realize someone was below me, then turned in too late on one of the esses and bumped someone out. Quite a messy start for me. :nervous: AND THEN, I took fuel when I probably didn't need to. Timed race confused me. :lol:

Gotta say the aero wash is pretty bad with this car when you're tucked up behind someone. Made it difficult to get back around @Pigems after my faulty pit stop. Other than that, just tried to stay consistent and keep the car pointing in one direction. Top 3 cars qualifying within 0.041 was a highlight in itself.

Back