TPC Presents: 300km of Monza - 24th July - Gr1/3 Multiclass - Winners Pigems and Jomas

Well... about that...

interview crying GIF

Just saw the messages, I don't know how the situation evolved since yesterday evening but I can go in Gr.3, and Drex taking the Gr.1 spot (considering your last message @Adam Barber).

If I missed the shot, well, my bad. (On a side note, the weather forecast says I have thunderstorm where I live for the entire day, meaning potential internet cuts and/or power shortage 😟)

Just saw the messages, I don't know how the situation evolved since yesterday evening but I can go in Gr.3, and Drex taking the Gr.1 spot (considering your last message @Adam Barber).

If I missed the shot, well, my bad. (On a side note, the weather forecast says I have thunderstorm where I live for the entire day, meaning potential internet cuts and/or power shortage 😟)
Both classes still have space available, pick what you want

Yay, a race that didn't get terminated by the servers :lol:

Even without the odd qualifying glitch where I was not able to put up a single lap (a video of this in action to be posted later on), I kinda figured not drafting was gonna hinder me but I didn't want my braking points determined by a car in front so I choose not to be part of that. Just glad I managed a decent, stressful but mostly trouble-free race. Had fun battling some of you even while knowing I had no business being up there ( because AM pleb).

That was fun.
It was my first multiclass so apologies if I accidentally got in someone's way or made the wrong move.
Looked like a good battle was shaping up with @GT5Apex until he left the lobby. (I hope all was o.k.)
In the end my only real battle was with my wheel and it's constant gear change shenanigans.
My only real moment of stupidity was this:

1627169187614.png

My Charles LeClerk impression. How'd I do?

Thanks @Adam Barber for a good race.

A thoroughly fun race, went about how I predicted it would have. @Jomas was clearly in a league of his own and handled the Lambo perfectly, but the battle for the rest of us was good and ebbed and flowed, especially based on how the Gr1s caught us. It's a real mental test to survive a race like that and keep it consistent, great fun as always @Adam Barber. It was nice to be in the lower class for a race for once, and managing the overtakes went better than I expected.

Here is my stream from my perspective.

What a great race!!!

Opted for the 2 stop after testing and having not enjoyed trying to save the Ferraris tyres.
Credit to the bop keeping the cars very even with the Gr3 qualifying the closest I’ve seen in while. The Ferrari was really quick through the chicanes but an absolute nightmare through Ascari especially with worn tyres.
Overall the race went better than expected, minus getting reset at turn one whilst trying to take the escape road to save wiping out @The359 after I missed the 150board. (Kind of annoying we can’t turn off track resets, getting reset onto the apex of t1 in the middle of the chasing pack is a shocker by pd, but it is what it is).
Had some interesting battles along the way with 2 stop and managed a great battle with @Michelin Man over the final stint where I was doing everything I could to catch him on fresher tyres. I was gutted to see you loop it with 1 to go, I was a lap short on fuel so my pressure was a pretty big bluff, but a great battle watching the lap delta work to and fro between us. :cheers:
Congrats to the winners @Jomas and @Pigems with Gr1 battle going to the wire.
We need to race Monza more often, I always avoid in in sport mode but it’s one of the best circuits for racing with good company 👍.

Last edited:
Would any of you folks have the TPC logo by any chance? Making Thumbnails for the two videos from yesterday's race.

Back