TPC Presents: Ferrari vs Mclaren - 25th September

After much negation with sponsors, and some rather heated debates in the livery design studio, I can finally say we're good to go.

EVDoc5M.jpg

3QlyEIt.jpg

GLZYhAG.jpg

Hey everybody,

thanks for organizing this event @Adam Barber =) It was a really nice and intense race.

I think it was actually my first race that I was able to take part in this year on GTPlanet and with The Pit Crew. After I came back from my GTS break a few months ago I tried a few times but there was always something (disconnects during practice, race postponements etc.). Happy that I was finally able to race again here.

Was also my first time that I raced on the DS4 controller with you all. My Thrustmaster wheel broke during the summer and I don't have the $ to repair/replace it, so I've become a DS4 player. It works better and better, but my pace is still not like my best days on the wheel.

All in all, I am really happy to have come through to 4th from 9th on the grid. I did not have the single lap pace during quali or in general, but I was able to have not major offs and stay on track and that's what ultimately payed out for me =). Had some great and close battles on the way. Me, @Adam Barber and @DelboyD were very close during the opening stint and swapped positions a few times, as the stint wore on we also managed to catch up again to @AfraidRacer and @FaustoAriz. After the different strategies played out Delboy and me were still within less than a second with only 5 laps to go but I was ultimately able to keep 4th.
I also have to say sorry to @Adam Barber for the love tap at the start and also to @Spinerkopin for keeping you up a bit when you were lapping me, Delboy and FaustoAritz. Finally, of course congratulations to the top three @Philtaylor17 @Spinerkopin & @El_Beardo!

Cool, posted a few shots from the race in the GT community, here's a shot from the formation lap:
1632644927593.png

Hey everybody,

thanks for organizing this event @Adam Barber =) It was a really nice and intense race.

I think it was actually my first race that I was able to take part in this year on GTPlanet and with The Pit Crew. After I came back from my GTS break a few months ago I tried a few times but there was always something (disconnects during practice, race postponements etc.). Happy that I was finally able to race again here.

Was also my first time that I raced on the DS4 controller with you all. My Thrustmaster wheel broke during the summer and I don't have the $ to repair/replace it, so I've become a DS4 player. It works better and better, but my pace is still not like my best days on the wheel.

All in all, I am really happy to have come through to 4th from 9th on the grid. I did not have the single lap pace during quali or in general, but I was able to have not major offs and stay on track and that's what ultimately payed out for me =). Had some great and close battles on the way. Me, @Adam Barber and @DelboyD were very close during the opening stint and swapped positions a few times, as the stint wore on we also managed to catch up again to @AfraidRacer and @FaustoAriz. After the different strategies played out Delboy and me were still within less than a second with only 5 laps to go but I was ultimately able to keep 4th.
I also have to say sorry to @Adam Barber for the love tap at the start and also to @Spinerkopin for keeping you up a bit when you were lapping me, Delboy and FaustoAritz. Finally, of course congratulations to the top three @Philtaylor17 @Spinerkopin & @El_Beardo!

Cool, posted a few shots from the race in the GT community, here's a shot from the formation lap:
View attachment 1082736
I committed to the wrong strategy there and it really cost me. Great racing though.

Hey everybody,

View attachment 1082736
It was good fun racing with you.

I lost control on worn tyres when I was close behind you. Was my only off road incident. I don’t think I’d have got past you as you had newer tyres.

Back