TPC Presents: GR Yaris Showdown. Sunday 6th December.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 76 comments
Since some folks took me up on the offer I'll mention it here as well. If you would like to use the numberboard myself and some others are using on your livery, give me a shout with the number you would like.

Screenshot 2020-11-25 175332.png

2 podiums and a fast lap. Along with another top 10, dare I say 6th?

I didn't even think about not slinging it into corners until @Pigems and @VulcanSpirit got by me in Race 2. Was just kinda sending it and hoping for the best. Gained a bit of consistency and at least half a second by not drifting. I just could not get a consistent entry into the first section in Race 4. Blew that race with a lap or two to go when I could not get the rear to rotate (I was not using the hand brake at all during the dirt events) going into T1. I braked and slide sideways into the wall.

Really enjoyed the races last night. Great little car, was nice to mix up the road and dirt tracks and the 15 minute sprints kept it fresh and us all on our toes.

I also wasn't using the handbrake on the dirt tracks. I don't know which button it is on my wheel anyway!

Pleased to get myself a podium. Pretty much in a race long battle for the first three places.

Who got the most points to win the showdown?

Some photos from the first and last races of the night:

20201208121051.jpg

20201208121059.jpg

20201208121105.jpg

20201208121119.jpg

20201208121125.jpg

Really pleased with my general consistency and competitiveness, especially in the first two rounds where I was already familiar with the layouts from Nations Cup and Time Trials. A pleasure to fight @Pigems again for the overall showdown, though I can only apologise for the moments where I was a little too sloppy and opportunistic.

But despite this, I'd certainly be up for more rally races in the future. Very challenging and unpredictable, and a brilliant showcase of just how capable the Yaris is on gravel.

Last edited:

View attachment 976973

View attachment 976974

View attachment 976975

View attachment 976976

View attachment 976977

Really pleased with my general consistency and competitiveness, especially in the first two rounds where I was already familiar with the layouts from Nations Cup and Time Trials. A pleasure to fight @Pigems again for the overall showdown, though I can only apologise for the moments where I was a little too sloppy and opportunistic.

But despite this, I'd certainly be up for more rally races in the future. Very challenging and unpredictable, and a brilliant showcase of just how capable the Yaris is on gravel.

Good pics.

I also pumped some laps in on the time trial in prep for last weekend!

I’d also be up for more rally races. The Group B cars might be too much of a handful with so many of us on the track at the same time (although haven’t used one of these cars in ages), but perhaps it could be fun with one of the 90s Subaru or Mitsubishi cars.

Last edited:

View attachment 976973

View attachment 976974

View attachment 976975

View attachment 976976

View attachment 976977

That was wicked fun going back and forth all day with you man, great racing!! I hope we get to do it again soon. :cheers:

Great pics too! 👍

Thx for the close racing everybody, it was good event, thx for organizing it @El_Beardo. I rued a bit that I did not find the time to do practice before, it was of course noticeable. Sardegna B was a nice start because I know the track well but after that the combination of unfamiliar track layouts with an unfamiliar car showed, I was just not consistent enough. Threw away a top three at Sardegna B II by botching a few corners and afterwards getting flustered and overdriving the car. Anyway, rally was really intense, especially the start with so many cars so close together, that felt kinda epic.
And I also think that this could be a fun event with a WRX vs. Evo theme, like @DelboyD said.
Here is a black and white photo I made to sum up the closeness of the event:
7422033354483040768_0.jpg

Back