TPC Presents: The Oval Challenge Series, sponsored by Nothing™

• Thread starter MaxAttack
  • 115 comments
United Kingdom
Isle of Wight, UK
Oval Challenge Series
Six Rounds - Six Cars
Do you like speed? Do you like close racing? Are you a little bit scared of right turns? If yes to any of these, read on, as The Pit Crew might just have the no-stress, all-fun short series you're after.

R1: NASKART, 3 15 minute sprints, Northern Isle, Broad Bean, BMB - Saturday, 3rd July, 22:00BST

R2: Shelby GT350 (SM Tyre), 1 15 minute sprint, 1 30 minute race, BB Raceway - Saturday, 17th July, 22:00BST

R3: Red Bull Junior, 15 minute sprint/30 minute race, Broad Bean - Saturday, 31st July, 22:00BST

R4: Ford GT '17, 15 minute sprint/30 minute race, BMB, Saturday 14th August, 22:00BST

R5: Gr.3 Mustang/Corvette/Viper, 15 minute sprint/30 minute race, Broad Bean - Saturday, 28th August, 22:00BST

R6: TBC - Saturday, 11th September, 22:00BST

Lobbies will open at 22:00BST, starting with 15-20 minutes to allow everyone to arrive and get some practice in. 5 minute warning will be given before the qualifying session.

Qualifying will last for 5 minutes. The grid for the 30 minute races will be the finishing order of the opening sprints. For round one NASKART, the grid order for the second two races will be the finishing order of the previous race in reverse.

A pit stop is mandatory in the 30 minute races. The pit window opens after ten minutes, and closes with ten minutes to go.

Points scoring details will be added shortly (but will be the same as those used in previous series by TPC)

Full lobby settings will be posted shortly but should not feature any surprises. Fuel and Tyres will not be a concern in these races, but a pit stop is mandatory in the 30 minute races.

Slipstream will be set to real in all lobbies.

Please check closer to each round for full lobby settings details.

Livery design is not heavily policed for this series, but realistic liveries and replicas are encouraged - though your livery does not have to be realistic

A title sponsor you can use in your liveries will be added to the thread soon. Running it on your livery will not be mandatory - TPC stickers are always a nice sight, though!

Your livery MUST display your race number clearly on both sides of the car. Numberboards are NOT mandatory. How you choose to display your number is up to you.

Please try to avoid needlessly jarring heretical liveries if you can possibly help it.

(P) Denotes partial attendance planned
  • MaxAttack - #83
  • Kaizen-Teian - #64
  • GTP_Abarber95 - #95
  • GOTMAXPOWER - #5
  • (P) AfraidRacer - #7
  • (P) DelboyD - #105
  • (P) RufusGoldstryff -
  • (P) Kermit_2142 - #46
  • (P) PaoloMX - #27
  • Challenger001 - #24
  • TPC_Pigems - #420
  • HaydenFan69 - #69
  • equus_ferrum - #77
  • PuRe_DutchKing - #22
  • phreelickz - #33
  • (P) Spinerkopin - #somethingfrench

Practice lobbies will be held ad-hoc, and will be open sessions to allow you to test any of the cars featuring in the series, and I'll post notifications here as and when those go up.

If this sounds like your kind of thing, please sign up with the details below.

PSN Name -
Race Number-

I'm sure I can find your GTP name on your post :D

Thread to be updated

Last edited:
PSN Name - Kaizen-Teian
Race Number- 64 💩

I want one of these.

NASCAR_once_had_a_gokart-dcc30c108ad46e9ead1d65a05ac02d3a

Last edited:
GTP- AfraidRacer
PSN- AfraidRacer
Number- Livery Dependent, usually 7

I don't think I'll make it to many of the races, but I'll try.

Last edited:
This looks like a fun series you came up with Max. I don't think I can be a regular but I might have the time to join one or two events spontaneously (most likely starting in August). Just one question: Why not Northern Isle Speedway or Special Stage Route X? ^^

Last edited:
This looks like a fun series you came up with Max. I don't think I can be a regular but I might have the time to join one or two events spontaneously (most likely starting in August). Just one question: Why not Northern Isle Speedway or Special Stage Route X? ^^
We'll race the karts at Northern Isle!

The original round six would have been at SSRX (and still might be!) but it's been a tough sell to would be racers who enjoy corners :P

Signups are still low and there are still some details to fill out (mainly tyre selection) which I'll be working on tonight hopefully, so I can spread the thread around to drum up more interest. This means the combos themselves aren't totally set in stone and I'm open to input if anyone has a fun combo in mind!

Northern isle also has very high banking and I have it on decent authority that pad players suffer on high bankings in faster cars, so I thought to focus the series around Blue Moon Bay since it's the known quantity for most players.

I'll add you to the list so you can jump in as and when suits.

Note to all: if we fail to reach a decent enough lobby of signups, I do have backup series in mind featuring more conventional racing.

Last edited:
Good various times of day chaps, just confirming a few settings for round one. Obviously the kart makes most of this simple but take note;

Both SLIPSTREAM and BOOST will be on weak for all 3 kart races. This is to ensure people can keep racing when the inevitable happens and some wheels come together as when this happens with the karts on a banked corner, forget about it :P

You can expect all other settings to be as you'd usually find them - penalties are off but all of you not named Max know how to behave. There'll be no ghosting and autodrive, CSA and ASM are disabled.

No points for this one, and in fact I'm considering abandoning points altogether and simply keeping track of each race result as its own event, although token bonus points to anyone attempting NASKART on wheel.

See you soon!

Last edited:
Good various times of day chaps, just confirming a few settings for round one. Obviously the kart makes most of this simple but take note;

Both SLIPSTREAM and BOOST will be on weak for all 3 kart races. This is to ensure people can keep racing when the inevitable happens and some wheels come together as when this happens with the karts on a banked corner, forget about it 😛

You can expect all other settings to be as you'd usually find them - penalties are off but all of you not named Max know how to behave. There'll be no ghosting and autodrive, CSA and ASM are disabled.

No points for this one, and in fact I'm considering abandoning points altogether and simply keeping track of each race result as its own event, although token bonus points to anyone attempting NASKART on wheel.

See you soon!
No rules you say? Thinking those not named Max are smart and behaved? Are you asking for us to crash @GOTMAXPOWER and cheat just to prove a point?

Sent friend request to you max & a few other folks in here for tt comparisons and general racing whenever. Excited to run karts, haven’t ever raced those in here yet.

edit: what lap times are y’all running with the kart around that oval?
I wouldn't worry too much about one lap pace for the kart, as with weak boost and slipstream on, the grid position shouldn't affect your race too much.

I'd say just focus on finding the driving technique that can keep the kart pointing the right way - minimal steering angle and minimal traction loss will be the only key to a good lap time. You'll have time to warm up and find your feet before the qualifying session :)

I will get more serious with practice sessions for the subsequent rounds :)

Both SLIPSTREAM and BOOST will be on weak for all 3 kart races. This is to ensure people can keep racing when the inevitable happens and some wheels come together as when this happens with the karts on a banked corner, forget about it 😛

See you soon!
I use a wheel for the kart. I worked out a setting for it when we first had karts in the dailies. Totally different to car setting.

Back