TPC Presents: TPC World tour, Powered by Michelin. Champion - Spinerkopin

Really enjoyed tonight’s car/track combo! Excellent choice!

Not have the pace and was a bit of a lonely race. Ended up 9th. Messed up my first qually lap. Ended up on the outside of La Source on lap 1 - not really sure what happened, but I think something happened. Two offs during the race cost me 10 seconds, but I think I’d have ended up 9th regardless.

I was losing the most time through the two Pouhon corners (never felt like a could fully commit to the first left without thinking I’ll be going wide) and when coming out of La Source.

A120DE78-8D01-426C-9674-D3ECC1297E92.jpeg

Ready for the final race and, as promised to @Adam Barber ive gone for a 40th anniversary Ferrari replica to honour #27. I tried to get it as close as possible given that the F1500 has different body shape. Now I’ve just got to work out how to tune it!

It’s been a fun series with a great mix of cars and tracks, some which I’ve been good at and some less so. But one thing it has forced me to improve is my use of the livery editor, so I’ve just added a couple of the other designs I enjoyed putting together.

View attachment 1013548
Ready for the final race and, as promised to @Adam Barber ive gone for a 40th anniversary Ferrari replica to honour #27. I tried to get it as close as possible given that the F1500 has different body shape. Now I’ve just got to work out how to tune it!

It’s been a fun series with a great mix of cars and tracks, some which I’ve been good at and some less so. But one thing it has forced me to improve is my use of the livery editor, so I’ve just added a couple of the other designs I enjoyed putting together.

Looks fabulous, hopefully it goes more like the F2004 car than the SF1000

It's race week and tuning is open for the last round so I'll like a couple of videos here and in the OP

Tried both for an hour, both are awesome!
Here's my feedback

Keep in mind that I only did more or less 10 laps each with the stock and the two others setups, with high fuel. It's just an approximation

I tried HSG's setup first, my PB were 1.5 seconds quicker than the stock one. Way lighter on the wheel, more docile. It felt good. Maybe a bit understerry on some corners and a very very long 5th gear. A slightly shorter gearbox could work better.

The results: FL in 1:18.311, Opt in 1:18.102

Then I tried the Praiano's one, and from here it gets interesting. It's quick, I mean very quick. Directly more than half a second quicker than the first one, and very nice to drive too. Few downsides : a wild car on some corners exits due to the low LSD setting, burning the rear tyres a bit more, but it seems it's also why it's a fast tune. A good throttle management should be able to deal with this. As for the gearbox, it's pretty much spot on, probably too much, it might get harder to gain speed with a slip.

The result : FL in 1:17.731, Opt in 1:17.456

Overall, I think it’s a preference between a safe and a agressive tune

Last edited:
Interesting race for me. Quickly managed to get some positions at the start.

Here's my feedback

Keep in mind that I only did more or less 10 laps each with the stock and the two others setups, with high fuel. It's just an approximation

I tried HSG's setup first, my PB were 1.5 seconds quicker than the stock one. Way lighter on the wheel, more docile. It felt good. Maybe a bit understerry on some corners and a very very long 5th gear. A slightly shorter gearbox could work better.

The I tried the Praiano's one, and from here it gets interesting. It's quick, I mean very quick. Directly more than half a second quicker than the first one, and very nice to drive too. Few downsides : a wilde car on some corners exits due to the low LSD setting, burning the rear tyres a bit more, but it seems it's also why it's a fast tune. A good throttle management should be able to deal with this. As for tge gearbox, it's pretty much spot on, probably too much, it might get harder to gain speed with a slip.

That’s great feedback. I’ve only tried the Praiano tune, but felt nice to me straight away. Ate the rear tyres on my first 10 laps, so moved the BB forwards to -2.
20 laps in total. I got a low 1:19 with a mid 1:18 optimal.

Here's my feedback

Then I tried the Praiano's one, and from here it gets interesting. It's quick, I mean very quick. Directly more than half a second quicker than the first one, and very nice to drive too. Few downsides : a wild car on some corners exits due to the low LSD setting, burning the rear tyres a bit more, but it seems it's also why it's a fast tune. A good throttle management should be able to deal with this. As for the gearbox, it's pretty much spot on, probably too much, it might get harder to gain speed with a slip.

They're definitely good to start with as a baseline and go from there to better suit the individual driver

I wanted to create a livery for the final round but haven’t managed to find the time so I found some really good vr46 ones. I chose this Camel one as it’s a slight throwback to the old cigarette sponsorship days, although this livery is based from a Yamaha m1 2006.
If anyone else is planning to run a camel, do let me know as I’ll switch to another (I have 5 ready to go :) ).
upload_2021-6-4_23-24-13.png

Back