TPC Presents: TPC World tour, Powered by Michelin. Champion - Spinerkopin

That one was tough going! But I kept it on the road, which I wasn't expecting.

Qually was poor for me - my optimal was .600 faster than my best lap. That's a lot to leave on the table.

I hadn't practiced a full race distance, so half way though my second stint I worked out I could put the BB to +5 and still be fine when two stopping. BB +5 was worth about half a second over BB +3 which is what I was running.

I had a nervous first lap even though I was ok off the line, but then had some decent racing with @MaxAttack and @Kermit_2142 over the next few laps in stint one.

Overall, I really enjoyed the series. Forced me to use some cars I hadn't used before (Peugeot 908 and the F1500), had some good races, some weaker races but all were fun!

Thanks for putting the championship together @Adam Barber - I'll look forward to your next one.

Thanks everyone who turned up to any of the races, it's been a great series. I'd like to ask you which rounds, carsnand tracks did people enjoy the most?

Thanks everyone who turned up to any of the races, it's been a great series. I'd like to ask you which rounds, carsnand tracks did people enjoy the most?

The Mustang at the oval was great fun! It got me thinking about an oval series where there’s a set of Group 3 and Group 4 one make rounds. Two races per event as with yours. But also throwing in some historic rounds with some old big banger muscle cars.

I just enjoy the MX5 race car, so always happy to race that.

The surprise round that I enjoyed was the Group B Ford. I had plenty of time to practice for that round, which I think helped for that car.

The Mustang at the oval was great fun! It got me thinking about an oval series where there’s a set of Group 3 and Group 4 one make rounds. Two races per event as with yours. But also throwing in some historic rounds with some old big banger muscle cars.

I just enjoy the MX5 race car, so always happy to race that.

The surprise round that I enjoyed was the Group B Ford. I had plenty of time to practice for that round, which I think helped for that car.
I'm already thinking up followups for a potential eclectic tour like this as I know Barber has his new one make series to manage (we came up with these combos together) and while I do have a sticky pad with a bunch of Italian road cars on it already, I also super enjoyed the oval round and that format is quite intriguing :P

I didn't make it to every round but highlights for me were the Mégane at Brands, the Oval, and the final round last night. Overall I'm glad what started as an offhand conversation turned into a series pretty much everyone seemed to get some enjoyment out of :)

Thanks for hosting and organising @Adam Barber and @MaxAttack. And congrats to @Spinerkopin of course on a pretty dominant display.

Best combos for me were Shortopolis in the MX-5, Suzuka in the Gr2 and the Oval. Would definitely do an oval event or short series if it came up. Always love an outing at Brands too, though that would have been the F1500 for me.
F1500 at Brands... Ah, believe me, I tried. Interlagos provided a great race in the end though so I concede to Barber on his choice. Definitely a lot of potential coming out of this one!

Back