Aston Martin vs Jaguar. 300km Brands Hatch. WINNER - ASTON MARTIN.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 179 comments
Why do they race multiple classes at the same time IRL? Just to save time? It seems like it would add to the danger for the drivers, which must drive the price of insurance up. Or could they not get enough fans out for two separate races? Do many races get messed up from a slower class car messing up one of the leaders in the faster class?

Last edited:
Why do they race multiple classes at the same time IRL? Just to save time? It seems like it would add to the danger for the drivers though, which must drive the price of insurance up. Or could they not get enough fans out for two separate races? Do many races get messed up from a slower class car messing up one of the leaders in the faster class?

They do this a lot with races longer than a GP. It's always been done with endurance racing and I suppose it makes it more interesting for the faster classes having to navigate slower cars. In the WEC and at Lemans there are effectively 4 races at once, LMP1, LMP2 and the two GTE classes.

They do this a lot with races longer than a GP. It's always been done with endurance racing and I suppose it makes it more interesting for the faster classes having to navigate slower cars. In the WEC and at Lemans there are effectively 4 races at once, LMP1, LMP2 and the two GTE classes.

TYVM for the info Sir. :cheers:

I believe this meets all of the livery regulations. :D

AB4C3F71-6DA8-43D0-9EB6-CA571FE52AFF.jpeg

BAC4EAFC-E4CC-4053-965D-E9E24447B761.jpeg

CAE15009-FF00-457F-AB58-45BE63058CF2.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone running laps yet? GT4 specifically. Just hopped on and did ~8 laps and hit 1:28.7xx.

Interestingly I checked the British GT qualifying results from their recent round at Brands and they were in the 1:31-1:32's. I figure with RH tires we might be about the same. Not saying we should change but the times are not far off. Always fun to compare against real life.

Anyone running laps yet? GT4 specifically. Just hopped on and did ~8 laps and hit 1:28.7xx.

Interestingly I checked the British GT qualifying results from their recent round at Brands and they were in the 1:31-1:32's. I figure with RH tires we might be about the same. Not saying we should change but the times are not far off. Always fun to compare against real life.

I was running 1:30.2/3 while testing the BoP. That said, I was doing so on the DS4. Can take about a second off that with the wheel.

Gr.3 times are about 5.5/6 seconds faster.

Back