TPC Subaru BRZ GT300 Asia/Pacific Supercup - Series over

I've setup a practice lobby (friends only), which I'll have open for 90mins or so. Feel free to drop me a friend request if need be.

PSN: TheSweeney_

(Edit: Looks like there was connection issues while I was AFK, lobby has now been closed, apologies)

Last edited:
I wasn't going to do this but then I went and made a livery.....

So if there's room sign me up as a reserve.

Racing_Grandpa
Resident_Knievel

186f68e35c375-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_429868467142462_1679173699775.jpg
186f68e42b818-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_429868469715172_1679173709824.jpg

Sorry to all, my driving was truly shameful today. Ended up breaking to 2 ground rules I make sure to keep to in races like this: 1) Keep mistakes to a minimum, and 2) Don't ruin other peoples races.

My apologies for that mess early on in stint 1. Poor driving by me ..
I was confused by what caused it, but I just watched the replay and there's honestly no way to think a bump from behind would have caused all of that. That was purely a racing incident, don't worry yourself over it.

Great race everyone. Really enjoyed that.

Happy to finish P-Steve on my first outing - prophetic. Definitely had the pace for top 5 but Kyoto is an unforgiving mistress and mistakes do not go unpunished.

To echo what The359 says - totally don't worry about the early incident Sweeney, that many people in the esses is bound to cause a touch of contact or two and nobody could've predicted that it would spiral so much from nothing more than a tap to the rear. Nothing malicious was intended by it, so no harm is done.

Last edited:
I appreciate the comments, though it's an incident I could have/should have prevented in hindsight. It perhaps annoys me more, given the great clean racing we had early on beforehand.

On top of that, I'm not sure if it was lag induced, but a few laps later I might have nudged someone wide exiting that long left hander (before the chicane) as well? Forget who it was as they were a little jumpy, but karma got me quickly at least, as I span myself too. Not my finest hour...

Either way, thanks for organising @Adam Barber. Some great battles were had later on, plus the track was an enjoyable drive in this BRZ. Onwards to Rd.2 I suppose 👍.

Last edited:
Fantastic first round, congratulations @Adam Barber on organizing the whole thing.
The highlight of that race for me was the fight we had in the first stint. Man, that was some of the best racing I had in GT..here's an attempt to show it.

Also had lots of fun trying to fend off @GT5Apex in the last several laps, but cracked under pressure.

Apologies to @Michelin Man for collecting you in that lap 3 racing incident. I should have been more careful and done more to avoid hitting you.

A few shots
186f7606f6761-screenshotUrl.png
186f76091de53-screenshotUrl.png
186f760ab4154-screenshotUrl.png

Apologies to @Michelin Man for collecting you in that lap 3 racing incident. I should have been more careful and done more to avoid hitting you.
Don't worry at all, there's nothing you could have done to avoid my little mess 😅.

It's a track that's superb for side-by-side action. Myself Barber and @MaxAttack had some good fun late on the first stint.

A bit late with the write-up. but it was a good race. I think I got exactly what you get if your first practice with the car and track comes 20 minutes before the race. :lol: You get a scruffy qualifying lap (that was at least still good enough for 9th), a badly botched strategy, a pit line penalty, and many, many unforced errors. It's good to get re-accustomed to races this long though, as I haven't done any league racing of any kind in about 9 years. I just hope I can find a lot more time to prepare for the next race as I feel like I had the speed whenever I was in rhythm.

Cheers to everyone for the clean driving and the organizers for putting this on. See you soon.

Sorry again for the start @Comrad, I thought I could get through the middle with how cautious everybody was being at the start but the little correction to not hit Spider took me wide into you, on the old physics it probably would've been fine.

Sucks because we had the pace to be right at the front without that, I wish I had committed to a 2 stopper from the start because the mediums were hopeless in that first stint.

Man I'm just not into the game right now at all.
Heavily dislike how every car now feels like it doesn't want to turn, I've lost all semblance of nuance from the cars behaviour and turning is just a case of "it understeers until the rear kicks out" with nothing to indicate why it's doing either of those things.

My driving style was always heavily based around trail-braking though and with that now out the window (foot on brake at all = bye bye turning) I'm pretty much useless as my entire driving style just isn't compatible with the game anymore.
It sucks big time, because I've loved this game since it came out through every physics rendition and now I'm getting no enjoyment from the game from its current physics whatsoever.

Man I'm just not into the game right now at all.
Heavily dislike how every car now feels like it doesn't want to turn, I've lost all semblance of nuance from the cars behaviour and turning is just a case of "it understeers until the rear kicks out" with nothing to indicate why it's doing either of those things.

My driving style was always heavily based around trail-braking though and with that now out the window (foot on brake at all = bye bye turning) I'm pretty much useless as my entire driving style just isn't compatible with the game anymore.
It sucks big time, because I've loved this game since it came out through every physics rendition and now I'm getting no enjoyment from the game from its current physics whatsoever.
I can take you off the entries if you want, no point racing if you're not enjoying it.

I can take you off the entries if you want, no point racing if you're not enjoying it.
It's cool, I miss the next one anyway because of a holiday and the one after isn't until the end of April - where I'm sure we'll have had another adjustment in the April update.
I'll make a proper decision once I've driven that race.

Fun race, I'm glad I got home just in time to make it. I started on mediums because in the few minutes of practice in the afternoon I thought the softs would disintegrate after a few laps. I was honestly thinking it would be a two stopper with two medium stints lmao.

Happy with the result and to get 1h of quality racing with several drivers. Thanks for hosting @Adam Barber

1873f2efc0f75-screenshotUrl.png
1873f2ed9b340-screenshotUrl.png
1873f2ecbf810-screenshotUrl.png

Sorry again for the start @Comrad, I thought I could get through the middle with how cautious everybody was being at the start but the little correction to not hit Spider took me wide into you, on the old physics it probably would've been fine.

Sucks because we had the pace to be right at the front without that, I wish I had committed to a 2 stopper from the start because the mediums were hopeless in that first stint.

You got a great launch and moves into T1. Wasn’t expecting you to make a move into T2, was pretty ambitious.
I had spider side by side for the first 2 corners, my concern here was to leave racing room for him.

Good sport for waiting though. (Personally I don’t like that, especially if you get a penalty post race, it just hinders you more)

Certainly made it a more challenging race. Could have definitely been up there with the pace we had.

Back