• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 26 comments

Dennisch

Humongous member
Premium
Netherlands
Hilversum
Dennisch
A gunman has opened fire inside a tram and at several other locations in the Dutch city of Utrecht, authorities say.

Several people have been injured and one is feared to have died, media reports say.

Police say the gunman is still at large. Trains and trams have stopped running and schools have been asked to keep their doors closed.

Counter-terrorism police reportedly say the shooting "appears to be a terrorist attack".

Dutch anti-terrorism co-ordinator Pieter-Jaap Aalbersberg said all efforts were now focused on catching the gunman. He also said there could be more than one perpetrator.

The threat level has been temporarily raised to its highest point in the province of Utrecht.

Utrecht University has reportedly closed all buildings, with nobody allowed in or out. Trains are also not allowed to run into Utrecht Central station, and mosques across the city have reportedly been closed due to security concerns.

Heavily armed police reportedly gathered outside a house on a street near the 24 Oktoberplein junction, where the tram attack took place.

So far reported there are 3 people dead, and 9 injured. They're looking for a suspect, 37 year old Turkish born G. T.

For now they don't want to confirm that it is a terrorist attack, but all signs do point to it.

Last edited:
Terrible since this could possibly some type of revenge for what happened in new zealand as there was a revenge type propoganda put out .

If that is true then all the more reason to hunt down all forms of extremism

It seems that the asswipe has been arrested.

He is a known criminal, with some small crimes on his record like manslaughter, armed robbery and rape. All in the last 6 years.

It seems that the asswipe has been arrested.

He is a known criminal, with some small crimes on his record like manslaughter, armed robbery and rape. All in the last 6 years.
I wonder if he had connections to Erdogan. He'd fit right within his circles.

Or he is a troubled young man who lost his Islamic values due to our decadent way of life.

There are some rumours that this piece of stool might have had his heart broken and did an old fashioned honour killing.

Whatever the case, this asshole should have been locked up for his crimes or sent back to Turkey instead of walking free.

manslaughter, armed robbery and rape. All in the last 6 years.

Why isn't he in prison if he was convicted of manslaughter? That seems like quite the oversight. Regarding the rape... the news here is (partly) presuming that the woman he shot today is the same woman from the familial rape case - is that what the Dutch news is saying?

Why isn't he in prison if he was convicted of manslaughter? That seems like quite the oversight. Regarding the rape... the news here is (partly) presuming that the woman he shot today is the same woman from the familial rape case - is that what the Dutch news is saying?

Because our judges like to give people silly short sentences.

There hasn't been any information released about the victims, it seems to be all rumours, as far as I can see for now.

Police haven't found any connections between the shooter and his victims. They have found a note in his getaway car that points towards radicalisation and several witnesses say that he shouted the famous islamic battle cry Allah Akbar.

So once again, it strikes again.

Islamic fueled terrorism.

Edit.

Murderer inspired by the quran.

******** who likes the Prophet Muhammad.

****er with roots in the Middle East.

I can keep this going, it most likely will keep the same pattern or tone.

Islamic fueled terrorism.

Edit.

Murderer inspired by the quran.

******** who likes the Prophet Muhammad.

****er with roots in the Middle East.

I can keep this going, it most likely will keep the same pattern or tone.

Is this better, worse or the same as Christian fuelled terrorism? Genuine question.

Is this better, worse or the same as Christian fuelled terrorism? Genuine question.

I fail to see what that has to do with anything I said, but for some guidance, I refer you to my first post in the Islam thread.

Both are bad.
It seems each historically offends and is in violent conflict/competition with the other; conflict breeds and grows with both around. All was well(?) when the Eastern Roman Empire ruled the Middle East from triple-walled Constantinople. But then a man in the desert had a vision.

I heard through German news that further arrests have been made.

2 others were arrested earlier, they have been released, and another one was arrested last night, he is still in custody.

??? Whataboutism is an attempt to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument. Honestly what does that have to do with @TenEightyOne question?
It's a classic example of whataboutism. Instead of discussing the issue at hand, you bring up a similar issue and then compare the two, as a tool to discredit someone's position.

From wiki:

Whataboutism (also known as whataboutery) is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument, which in the United States is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.

Note:
IMO, having opponents and discrediting their position in a forum doesn't sound like the best way to enjoy and make use of a forum.

He actually explicit noted he was asking a genuine question. I dont see how he was discrediting?
By making the comparison to begin with. You're usually good at spotting these things, I wonder if your judgment is clouded in this case.

By making the comparison to begin with.

I didn't make the comparison, I'm not sure why it would be hard to understand that. @Dennisch specifically named Islamic terrorism and I asked him for his view. If you can show me where I was 'making the comparison' then cool. Otherwise it seems that you made the comparison, you big whatabouter you! :)

You're usually good at spotting these things, I wonder if your judgment is clouded in this case.

@Dennisch specifically named Islamic terrorism

DpQ9YJl.png

I pointed out that it was once again a special needs Muslim who doesn't like life in Western Europe.

Edit.

Which is kinda redundant when something like this happens in nowadays Europe.

Last edited:
By making the comparison to begin with. You're usually good at spotting these things, I wonder if your judgment is clouded in this case.
? No it isnt. What are you referring to? You bringing up Clinton when I criticise Trump?

Even if he compared Christian and islam terrorism that would have been a fair comparison. He also wasnt trying to discredit the first statement, by making an unrelated statement. for example:

Person1:
"Trump is a racist narcissist."
Person 2:
"what about Obama not wearing a tie!"

Last edited:
Back