> Transfer Talk <

• Thread starter Rue
  • 151 comments

Rue

Apparantly...
Premium
Hong Kong
Hong Kong SAR
We have a Premiership thread, but nowhere to talk about all the transfer shenannigans in the world of football...we do now!

I started this thread in response to this transfer: Samuel Eto'o from Real Madrid to Barcelona. What a player! What a coup! Along with Barca's other acquisitions in Deco, Giuly, Larsson, Edmilson and co. joining up with Ronaldinho, Saviola, Puyol and the rest they have to have a team that's going to win something this year. Deco, Saviola, Eto'o and Ronaldinho - that's quite a foreboding quartet of players. I hope they pummel Real in the league.

Michael Owen to Real Madrid and Vieira stays at Arsenal. Fantastic news for the Arse! I wish Owen all the best at Real too. 8 million quid too!? Bargain! I bet all those scousers in the red half of Liverpool are fuming at the thought!

And Emerson Thome's moved from Bolton to Wigan.

Wish I'd spotted that before I picked my Fantasy team...

What about the disgraced Adrian Mutu going into the assistant manager's position for the Romanian squad? I think it's terrible, especialy as the whole romanian F.A. denied the accusation. Sebb Blatter should stop this from happening. I don't even like Blatter at the best of times. He seems to let these things pass (racist Turkish supporters etc).

Funnily enough I was just thinking "if there's no suitable transfers thread already out there why not create a thread called transfer talk" then I searched and found one called "transfer talk" what are the odd eh.

Anyhow, I figured I'd give this a kick start back into life with the news that Man U have agreed deals (pending medicals) for Nani from Sporting Lisbon and Anderson from FC Porto.
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...&lid=4161&title=United+land+Nani+and+Anderson
Also Owen Hargreaves will be announced when he get's back from Canada, as if you didn't already know that.

We're scored some good transfers this time, though I still think we should have gone for Pederson from Blackburn, I really do rate him as a potential Giggs replacment.

Also Owen Hargreaves will be announced when he get's back from Canada, as if you didn't already know that.

He is going to lose his claim to (pub quiz) fame! Hargreaves is the only English international footballer to have never played a league game in England.

Well...on the not so big transfers...Francis Jeffers may be moving away from Blackburn...wants to join Ipswich Town but that move may be scuppered if Billy Davies and Derby hijack the expected move. Former Arsenal and Ipswich keeper Richard Wright may also be heading back to Portman Road after being told he won't receive a new contract by David Moyes and Everton.

Man Utd have also agreed deals with Luis Nani and Anderson from Sporting Lisbon and Porto respectively..

Man Utd have also agreed deals with Luis Nani and Anderson from Sporting Lisbon and Porto respectively..

Damn those are like pretty much the two best players playing in the portugese league. Nani and Ronaldo on the wings then Anderson playing in Scholes position sounds pretty damn lethal. Although it could turn out bad and have both players struggle to adapt from the portugese league, I can only hope because if they perform at the same level they did in portugal i'll be worried.

Anderson is going to be in the squad for Brazils Copa America team as well, but not in the friendly against england. Which is a shame because it would have been a good stage to show premiership fans what he can do. So you'll just have to watch the Copa! America!

United have officially confirmed that they have Hargreaves now. This is some mid-field we'll have next season. And we're still supposed to be after a class striker.

He's a good player, whether he'll succeed in a totally different league is another matter.

I don't say this to sound mean, but I have my doubts that he will. He's not exactley a prolific goal scorer in Spain. The only reason he's being hyped so much is because he's only 23. Diego Forlan has eclisped him during his time in Spain, and Forlan couldn't cut it here, Forlan IS a prolific goal scorer and great talent, but it just didn't come except in glimpses during his time at Man U.

What I am suprised about is that nobody has picked up Fowler on a free transfer, he's not going to be an asset to Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Tottenham or Arsenal but he's not finished yet. He'd do a mid-lower club a good turn I tihnk anyway.

Tevez might head to Real Madrid. He said he wanted to join a big club, not like West Ham lol j/k. Inter seemed interested in him but with Suazo now on their squad, they don't need any more strikers. They have Crespo, Ibrahimovic, Adriano, and Suazo :scared:

And can they (R. Mad) please stop trying to get Kaka from AC Milan? :indiff:

Arsenal and Liverpool want Heinze, but I doubt he'll leave Man U. Real Madrid is also behind his butt.

And Juve is no longer wanting Milito (Argentinian defender), apparently they couldn't get to an agreement with Zaragoza.

AND BARCA WANTS LAMPARD LMAO. I wonder if he'll leave Chelsea.

Lampard will only leave if Terry goes with him. Butt-buddies.

I don't think we'll see Lampard or Terry moving on yet, perhaps if they don't win the title agains next season we'll see a few going including possibly Mourinho.

On another note, reports are indicating that Man U have won the race to sign Tevez and a deal has been agreed, however, if any issues over his ownership can't be negotiated around succesfully over the next couple of days then we'll take him on loan for a year while we can work around it.

I don't think we'll see Lampard or Terry moving on yet, perhaps if they don't win the title agains next season we'll see a few going including possibly Mourinho.

On another note, reports are indicating that Man U have won the race to sign Tevez and a deal has been agreed, however, if any issues over his ownership can't be negotiated around succesfully over the next couple of days then we'll take him on loan for a year while we can work around it.

What's the story with Ben Foster and when is Van Der Sarr leaving?

Ben Foster is going to be off due to his injury at the start of the season but as of now, will be a Man U player next season. Kuszach has signed for us now, so he's no longer on a loan deal. Nan Der Sar is sticking with us for at least next year, though it's likely he'll be here for two seasons.

They interviewed him today while he was training in Venezuela and he said that he hasn't heard any offer from Man. United yet, he would also make his decision after the cup. (Copa America)

Also Real Madrid are after him...

EDIT: (I saw the interview today on TV BTW)

Damn, I really wanted them to win at least one match.

I only watch the Argentine games though, and it's a big shame that they don't pass the games on English speaking channels, so I have to listen to that babbling on some spanish channel. But who cares, it pays off when I see Riquelme dribble the ball like a goddamned master :sly:

They interviewed him today while he was training in Venezuela and he said that he hasn't heard any offer from Man. United yet, he would also make his decision after the cup. (Copa America)

Also Real Madrid are after him...

EDIT: (I saw the interview today on TV BTW)

Nevermind, it appears that Tevez will be signed by ManU after his physical exam later on today.

I just hope Ferguson doesn't bench him, as they already have a magnificent offensive line-up.

That interview they showed on TV wasn't done today, it was just shown today. It appeared on Skysports.com a week or so ago.

I doubt we'd bench Tevez, he might not start every game, if he does then it probably means we don't have Saha anymore. But I think Tevez and Saha will be fighting for a starting place, with one being used as a sub probably coming on for either Rooney or the other striker.

anderson and Nani will start the season as late subs and probably starting games in the Carling cup. Hargreaves and Carrick will be fighting for first team football unless Schoes isn't in for whatever reason, then Carrick will play in Scholes position with Hargreaves behind him. Anderson can play almost anywhere, he's a left back, a center mid, a striker, he'll be moulded however we can use him best. Nani is the long term Giggs replacment, he won't become a regular until at least late next season when Giggs starts to tire out a bit.

With our squad as it is we're probably going to be the fastest team in Europe next year, with or without Tevez, though a deal looks likey despite what Eggert of the EPL have said, which has only been said to cover their own backs. Man U officicals joined Tevez earlier today to agree personal terms with him and he signed thoes off.

That interview they showed on TV wasn't done today, it was just shown today. It appeared on Skysports.com a week or so ago.
Hum, wrong. Because they didn't show it today but on Thursday, when the interview was made after he had just finished his last practice before the game against Paraguay. There's absolutely no chance of that interview being done a week ago. Maybe in England, they like to show old interviews, i dunno haha.

With our squad as it is we're probably going to be the fastest team in Europe next year,
Yeah it's about time you guys win a Champions League....at least get to the final :sly:

Oh, it's similar to one that appeared on skysports earlier.

And yeah, it's about time we won another Champions league cup. We have the talent, we don't always play the right style. I think we might have had a chance last season had we had a fully fit squad, but what if arguments don't work because theres one for each of the other teams as well.

West Ham will be losing another player, Liverpool have reportedly put down &#163;4M to snatch up Yossi Benayoun

Preston's star striker, David Nugent, has agreed to move to Portsmouth

Ipswich Town have pulled out of their attempts to sign Blackburn striker Francis Jeffers after failing to agree personal terms with the player, Jeffers turned down a deal despite being offered a bigger wage packet than what he would be receiving at Blackburn, with the Ipswich chairman insisting the club will not break the wage structure just for one player.

Back