Trial Mountain 2 hour Endurance

• Thread starter fwdtamiya
  • 10 comments
This is my first write up...so here it goes. Ohh and any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I had some suggestions from friends on which car to go with for the endurance race coming up that i was going to compeate in. Some said NSX some said Viper some said Corvette and some said Cobra R. I had a bad experiance in the past with the Viper so not that one, the Cobra R seemed so heavy and that would make for lots of pitting time. The NSX had a bit too much understeer for my tastes. Soo i was stuck with the Corvette, i didn't like it at all, it was a domestic :yuck: and it had a V8 :crazy: But i took it anyways in Torch Red, too iluminate the road since the track is known to have some shady corners. Once i got the Z06 i changed out the oil because the officals are quite less than smart and also gave washed it for a better than showroom shine, then i swaped out the tires for some not so grippy T3's, but it would make for a good pitting stratagy.

Once i got to the track i was informed by my pit crew that the ASM and TCS were still on. I ordered them turned off imeadietly(i love my pit crew :) ) and they did just that. I was lined up in 6th because i had missed qualifying(ohh darn), my compeatiters were a Mazda RX-7, a NSX Type S Zero, a Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R34, J), a Lancer Evolution VII RS(J), and a Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R32, J). I did not know how my Z06 would perform since once again i had no time to take it out to the Test Track and test it. Racers to your cars the race will begin in 5 minutes.(5 mins. later)...3...2...1...tires squelled. The NSX as i expected jumped the gun(cheater! :grumpy: :) ) i passed all the cars except the NSX and the R34 by the time we had gotten to the tunnel. From there it was a battle all the way up to the first long straight away. There the V8 prevaled over the coveted RB26DETT(skyline engine code for those who don't speak JdM Tyte y0!) But the NSX was handeling those corners like a god as my Z06 partially slid through thhem. For the next 23 laps! me and him were swapping positions like Pamala Anderson in a sex flick. After that the race was pretty much mine except for the 53rd lap.... On the 53rd lap the timer in my car read 89'43.012 i was not paying very much attention. Soo i eased off the gas and cruised through the corners softly, when the timer soon read 91'xx.xx i was shocked and got back on the gas i had forgotten 90 mins was not 2 hours it was 1 and 1/2! On the 54th lap i noticed something in my mirror i had not laped and cars recently that i remember. I looked over my shoulder...it was the NSX! I freaked out and gassed it around a corner, i spun the cra sideways and was passed by the NSX. I had cought up too him by the 60th lap and battled him for what i deserved. I got by him and noticed that i had lapped him 2 times before, opps. So i was free to relax the rest of the race.

The race was stopped on the 75th lap and declaired that i had won even though it the clock read only 121'20.566. I would like to thank the track officials for letting me cut the chicanes all those times and for them being so stupid. I would also like to thank my wonderfull pit crew and Chevy actually for building such a track capable and sturdy car.

The race ended on the 75th lap at 121'20.566

Fastest lap: 1'31.324

1st: Corvette Z06(me) 75 laps

2nd: NSX Type S Zero (J) 73 laps

3rd: Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (J) 71 laps

4th: Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R34, J) 70 laps

5th: Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R32, J) 68 laps

6th: Lancer Evolution VII RS (J) 68 laps

And you know what i won after all that. A Lister Storm, a peice of junk which will sit in my garage with 0.0 miles forever. I would have liked to have any one of the other 3 cars; the GT-R N1 V-Spec, the S2000 race car, or the FO94/S (i think). But no they give me the only car of the 4 which i hate and i could have bought if i wanted. :grumpy: Thank you for reading my write up i hope it was up to all of your standerds since this is my first.

Did you run the race on one set of tyres, or did you pit and make that pit crew earn there money?
Good write up FWDTamiya 👍 , just add pit stops next time.
What Tamiya kits do you build?

Good "local color" in the commentary, but as Uncle Harry says, a little more detail would be nice - pit schedule, fastest lap, average lap, etc.

Why the :yuck: and :crazy: faces for an American car with a V8? They don't all suck, any more than all Japanese cars are perfect. You've just found that good old American engineering will beat a Japanese car of twice the price. In real life the race would be closer, of course, but there is a large price difference in real life, as well.

Nothing wrong with Japanese cars. But there's nothing wrong with American cars, either.

Cool write up....the comment about Pamela Anderson was funny :lol:
Hey...ain't nothing wrong with American muscle...it outran an RB26DETT didn't it? I happen to drive one of those regularly in the game ;)

Uncle Harry
Did you run the race on one set of tyres, or did you pit and make that pit crew earn there money?
Good write up FWDTamiya 👍 , just add pit stops next time.
What Tamiya kits do you build?
Sorry about the pit stops everyone, i made stops about every ten laps. I used to love the JACCS Civic and Accord from tamiya and the Mini Cooper too. I just don't like american cars that much (even though i'm a white boy) I have respect for the new SRT-4 after veiwing various videos of it running against imports. But i just like imports mainly. And the fastest lap time is there just not the average, where do i find the average lap time? IBy the way i would strongly suggest this car too anyone who is going to do this race. It slides when you want it too, you can brake late, and you can take most of the corners at about 71 mph.

To calculate the average lap time, you take the total time for the whole race and divide it by the number of laps you completed. It's not given directly on screen.

A couple of things:
1. You could always run it again for the F1 car.
2. GT3 is a driving game. The point is to drive the cars. Yes, even the ones that you think suck.
3. For a good time in an import. Try Rome enduro in a Civic Type R. Keep it under 295 HP. And run with the Griffith and the Clio Sport on the track. Should make for an interesting 2 hours.

i did the rome endurance with a svt mustang...it was horrible lol, and i did my trial mountain endurance with the TVR speed 12 which handles like a B*itch
very nive write up, and wouldnt u have noticed that ur position didnt change to 2nd when u got passed by the nsx?

Back