Trouble with GT2 "Buy any car in Toyota" codes.

• Thread starter Jim Prower
  • 12 comments

Jim Prower

The Big Blue Ford.
Premium
gtp_jimprower
you know the ones, on Rogs's site?

Well, I have tried and tried to make these codes work. sometimes they did. Many times they didn't. I'd given up on GT2 until recently, when I got a scratch-removing kit. I used it, game worked great, but the codes didn't.

here's what happens. After entering the Toyota Showroom, the Lexus IS's price is 0 cr. When I click on it, the screen goes blank, but the music continues to play.

I didn't quite remove all of the scratches from the disc. Is this my problem? am I going to have to get a new game disc?

It happen when you enter the code incorrectly or backward.

if you are talking about code from www.rogs.dial.pipex.com

line like this in carsb.htm
B458 120C 58 B4 0C 12 B Acura Integra GS

should be entered to gameshark (or epsxe PEC) on NTSC 1.2 GT2 as:
D01C353C D5D8
801C3328 B458
D01C353C D5D8
801C332A 120C

Pupik said, it is backward for codeshark something.

Never fail me.
But as precaution, never enter if the price show 0.

sucahyo
It happen when you enter the code incorrectly or backward.

if you are talking about code from www.rogs.dial.pipex.com

line like this in carsb.htm
B458 120C 58 B4 0C 12 B Acura Integra GS

should be entered to gameshark (or epsxe PEC) on NTSC 1.2 GT2 as:
D01C353C D5D8
801C3328 B458
D01C353C D5D8
801C332A 120C

Pupik said, it is backward for codeshark something.

Never fail me.
But as precaution, never enter if the price show 0.
I tried the code the way you had it and surprise surprise it worked .:)

Did you try using D01C353C D5D8 twice. I was having the same problem till I used that line twice now I never have any problems with the code. By the way what version of GT2 do you have?

Jim Prower
you know the ones, on Rogs's site?

Well, I have tried and tried to make these codes work. sometimes they did. Many times they didn't. I'd given up on GT2 until recently, when I got a scratch-removing kit. I used it, game worked great, but the codes didn't.

here's what happens. After entering the Toyota Showroom, the Lexus IS's price is 0 cr. When I click on it, the screen goes blank, but the music continues to play.

I didn't quite remove all of the scratches from the disc. Is this my problem? am I going to have to get a new game disc?
Simple, If your using codes to buy cars at the toyota dealer, Why not just put the codes for the cars you want and be done with it? There's a four digit code for every car in the game, Which cars do you want? I can help!

kjb: yes. did that. nothing.
hybridlvr: I'm missing a few JGTC cars, the 22B, and the cars you win in the Endurance hall, among a few others i can't remember at this moment. I'd also like to get the GT500KR. However, I HAVE the codes. I'm putting them in correctly, i'm SURE of it. I have GT2 v1.0. help!

Jim Prower
kjb: yes. did that. nothing.
hybridlvr: I'm missing a few JGTC cars, the 22B, and the cars you win in the Endurance hall, among a few others i can't remember at this moment. I'd also like to get the GT500KR. However, I HAVE the codes. I'm putting them in correctly, i'm SURE of it. I have GT2 v1.0. help!

GT2 1.0 Non Pro Format

Example
This is the CLK race car.

801C2D7C E0DC
801C2D7E 115C

801C2D7C ????
801C2D7E ????

Subaru Impreza 22B Sti Version '98 == 30D8 1D0C
Subaru Impreza 22B Sti Version '98 [R] ==30DC 1D0C

Shelby GT500KR == 6058 1F74

These are the cars you specified by name, Try them and let me know!

Back