Trueno help

Hey, I searched for this already, all I can find are drift settings for the trueno. Anybody have settings for a trueno for normal racing? I wouldn't say NO drift at all but minimal drift.. thanks :dopey:

Hi Int

I've never really thought much of the Trueno (mainly because of it's status as a Drift-Horse I have to admit). However, a quick look over at GTVAULT would probably pull up a few settings for you to trial.

For example:

http://www.gtvault.com/SetupDisplay.cfm?SetupID=1002J844508E727CA04240441

or

http://www.gtvault.com/SetupDisplay.cfm?SetupID=0302J844508EA67CA0A240441

or

http://www.gtvault.com/SetupDisplay.cfm?SetupID=6401J640508686741

A cursory look at these tells me that they're not to my style but they may be to yours. Give them a go and see if they work for you.

If not, post up what mods you want on the car and where you want to use it and I wouldn't be surprised if someone (including me) didn't try to help you out in your quest to find a set-up you like.

stg2 turbo (might go NA)
Full Racing suspension
Racing Muffler
Computer
Port Polish
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
T2s
Stage 2 weight reduction

There's no real specific place i need to use it in, But i tried some settings found online and it slides a little more than I'd like it to while actually racing. Don't get me wrong, I love drifting but I just want the car more stable while racing other cars. New to these forums and loving it.. tons of help and tons of cool people..

i never knew the GT community was so large.. I never really looked for online help playing GT1 and @ tho.. so oh well...

The Trueno is unstalbe with a good amount of power, simply because the tires get over loaded easily. So all lot over steer at exit may just mean you are getting on the gas too soon coming outta the corner...

This is the normal AE86, correct? Not the S.S. Edition one? I'll go find my settings, cause I race these around too, was my starter car way back, and is a good car damnit, despite Initial D. Well, actually, its really not all that amazing, but it does teach good driving.

-Sussy
6.9/7.3
99/99
7/7
7/7
3/2
0/0
4/4

-Brakes
9/11

-LSD

thanks =] my first car too.. can't sell it.. too far inlove with the car.. yeah despite being good at drifting it's a good handling car in general.. i had a vid on my comp of 2 200hp trueno's slapping a R34 GT-R around the track >8D

Back Again Int

I've slapped together aTrueno GT-APEX with all the trimmings except no Port Polish or Engine Balance and a Stage 2 Turbo on it.

After a couple of hundred K around Midfield here's what I found worked best:

Springs: 14.8/12.6
Ride: 119/119
Damper B: 5/3
Damper R: 10/8
Camber: 1.5/1.3
Toe: -0.5/+0.0
Stabs: 5/3
Brakes: 15/20
LSD I: 8
LSD A: 32
LSD D: 12

Gears Set with the Tranny Trick then Final to 3.200.

ASM: 0
TCS: 0

Hope you find this helpful.

If you want more speed and less predictable handling try the Dampers at Bound 4/3 Rebound 9/8. The differences are quite significant (a couple of tenths faster when it works, half a second slower when it doesn't).

As always, these are settings that work for me and my driving style (solid, straight line, braking, use of throttle-steer on exit) so they might be useless to you. Still, it was interesting to try out a car I've never really used before (once I believe :eek:!) and fettle it into submission. Only took three hours too ... LOL.

Oh and just as a guideline, she was doing mid to low 1:20's at Midfield with HP of 264 (if I remember correctly (I was on the outside of a bottle of chardonnay at the time so that figure may not be accurate :embarrassed:)).

Feedback on the usefulness or otherwise of the above would be nice (not wanting to sound snippy I hasten to add - it would just be good to know if the hours I put in were worth it or not).

sukerkin
Back Again Int

I've slapped together aTrueno GT-APEX with all the trimmings except no Port Polish or Engine Balance and a Stage 2 Turbo on it.

If you want more speed and less predictable handling try the Dampers at Bound 4/3 Rebound 9/8. The differences are quite significant (a couple of tenths faster when it works, half a second slower when it doesn't).

As always, these are settings that work for me and my driving style (solid, straight line, braking, use of throttle-steer on exit) so they might be useless to you. Still, it was interesting to try out a car I've never really used before (once I believe :eek:!) and fettle it into submission. Only took three hours too ... LOL.

Ive been playing around with settings for the AE86 in GT4 and I'd like to try these out in it. Be great if they release the game elsewhere so I can get help with settings in GT4.

sukerkin
Back Again Int

Never really got a chance to try those settings out.. but what is the Tranny trick?

the 86 is a retired race car.. more or less a drift car.. it's back as NA... evo did alot of dirty work, then moved up to a R34 GT-R to get easy money in the Red Emblem race.. called her the blackbird (all black.. 1000+ hp.. seksi..) man track car now is the toyota gt-one road car..

Hi Int

The TRanny Trick is a well known short-cut to setting up a close range gearbox. A search for threads titled Tranny Trick or similar would soon reveal the info you wanted.

Basically, you set the Final to maximum, then drop the AutoSet to minimum and finally adjust the Final to give the gearbox length you want for the circuit you're on.

the trueno is a really kick a$$ car but if your still in begginer mode you should try to win the 80s race with all gold and get the mazda savana rx7 infinithat car properly tuned handles like a dream i got to a top speed of 207 mph!!!!! and i think 463 hp !!!! i dont know thats just my 2 cents but i think the mazda savana rx7 infini is the better car between the two (sprinter trueno was my first car )

Yeah, I love them RX-7s. All of 'em handle beautifully and smoothly. Ever since I first got one in the original Gran Turismo, I fell in love with the car. Then I found out that they stopped making the car in 2002 and cried. lol Okay, so I didn't really cry.

Out of curiousity, why are you using the trueno? It certainly isn't a bad car but it's not the best either. I guess I'm saying it's an odd choice is all.

Perhaps like me, he is owns one. I find this to be pretty cool, really. I have a 1986 red panda AE86, and to use it in the game adds another level to it. In GT4 I can cut :58's with no bottle at Tsubaka using my Trueno. Although there are better cars, I have a loyalty to these goofy little cars.

RedWolfRacer
Out of curiousity, why are you using the trueno? It certainly isn't a bad car but it's not the best either. I guess I'm saying it's an odd choice is all.

Azuremen.

I found your setup more stable than Sukerkin's. I did multiple laps around the complex string using the tranny trick and then adjusting it to a 140ish topend. I also use a 2 way LSD instead of both customs. As I use a controller vs. a wheel/pedals, I found myself having to roll my thumb more for power instead of stabbing it for power on/off. Sukerkin's was too unforgiving on corner exits if you were too early with power with the least chance of a recovery. My GT4's settings are dead on for me, but there I use a wing.

THanks guys.

this is my settings for my SS Trueno. Still needs more tuning.

Suspension
Front 8.0/Rear 6.0

Ride Height
Front 5 clicks to the right from lowest/Rear as low as possible

Damping
Inbound 8/8
Rebound 10/10

Camber
Front 2.2/Rear 2.0

Toe
Front 0/Rear -2

Stabilizers