try this

• Thread starter Escudo man
  • 13 comments
No. I don't own one.  I know guys who have done well under my best, all legal no cheating ect.
47.500 was the best for a while with the escudo, think thats been beaten now though.
There is a little trick within the game, which seems to work best at Red Rock.   some call it ground effect.
You put springs to minimum, dampers to max, you can then go much faster round corners, the car gets sucked down onto the track, giving you greater speed round corners.
When you've got as much experience on Gran Turismo as me, you get to know these things, I've been playing the game for years, nearly every day, with some real good guys on many different websites.
Gameshark is not something we aggree with, why bother cheating, it does not make you a better driver.
cya

OK, here's the settings posted from the guy who did 47.760, just checked my notes.
Suzuki Escudo.
springs.  3.3 / 5.5
ride h,  95 / 125
damper b, 10 / 10
damper r,  7 / 10
camber,  2.7 / 1.9
toe, 0.00 / 0.00
stabil, 5 / 5
downforce (wing) 78 / 99
LSD, 1,1,1  all at minimum.

Gears, in order 1st - 6th
final 2,368
Auto 23.
not too sure about the auto set, but you should be nearly into the red on the rev's, on a flying lap, down the pit straight by the time you get to, or into the first bend.
Exact details I have in my notes look like this.
23 (30) auto gear
2,388 orig, f gear.

Anyway try the above and see what you get :)
Hope it helps.
cya

PS, tell me if you notice the difference

This thing controls like a speed 12. Lots a power but no control. Apparently im not a good a driver as u. All I pulled was a 1:01.564(all the rest were in the 1:08 area). No good. also in 6th gear near red line the car started vibrating horribly so that the next sweeping corner was extremely ugly. Unfortunently I was only going 209 at the end of the strait, so i lost som time there as well. I'll try some more but i doubt i'll kinda time.

Hi Rob You get everywhere

Escudo man the vibration is the Ground effect
taking hold, just hold throttle to max and turn the corner
and you will find that you will sail around, may have to apply brakes to miss wall on exit.

Flat through chicane then next right hander is the only corner on RR that ground effect will not work so take conventionally.

Next long right hander flat out and keep low, through tunnel through s  bends and around last corner.

Note the last corner has only onr narrow line that works and finding it is the key to the low lap times as you carry speed down the finish straight.

I personally find that if you turn in just passed the end of the rumble strip and keep to the center of the track through the  corner you will get around ok.

Note : it may take you a couple of practice sessions to get this right but myself and Rob assure you it does work.

More info can be found over at Kenji's (GranTurismo.com) They call it Freaky Physics

Shaun.

(Edited by Oracle at 7:37 pm on July 19, 2001)

(Edited by Oracle at 7:40 pm on July 19, 2001)

Robisme, Thanks man.  Youve explained a lot of what makes the game fast.  
The best time for me is 1 minute flat.  Of course it has been quite awhile since Ive raced that track and ive learned a lot since then.  Im slowly getting this game.  Figures, now GT3.  Woo hoo, now to start all over again.  
Cant wait for my PS2 and THE game.  
Later.
AR15firing.gif
slow times

Hi, no problem, anything I can do to help!!!
Like Oracle said, when she starts vibrating comming into the corner, keep the power on full, you will be amazed how well it grips round the bend, too much sometimes too, like as if your on a rail track.
Guess what ?  :)   it works well on most cars at Red Rock and some other fast tracks, like Super Speedway for example and some others with fast corner's.
Freaky Phisic's they call it at granturismo.com. you could always do a search there for more info.
Speed 12 likes it too, at RRV :)
cya

Hey , those setting are great, on the regular controller I only got 1:01.728, but, on the steering wheel I got 58.426    Thanx Rob  Now will this work on other cars as well.....

Hi, Glad you like the results :)
When trying other cars, try starting with springs at minimum, all dampers at max, just start there, maybe changing springs a little,  even ride height at minimum too, the effect is more strong then.
The only trouble with this downforce thing is it does not suit most tracks, it's too slow on the medium and slower tracks. You need speed to make it work.
cya

PS The GT1s  Race or road like it too, as most of the faster car's do, some more than others.

(Edited by robisme at 5:13 pm on July 20, 2001)

Back