TS020 signs contract for Panoz motorsports!

• Thread starter TS020
  • 9 comments
Ove Andersson confirmed that TS020 will drive for the Panoz motorsports team."I'm really happy that TS020 will drive for us",he said."After that race with Pagani motorsports we were really impressed"."I'm looking forward to the tests we are going to keep at complex string" so far TS020."It is going to be a challenge,challenging the Oreca Team now that they are driving a new car".Last year Panoz motorsports finished 3rd in the Laguna Seca 90 laps race."We hope to do better then last year,the car is lowered,better balanced and more powered".Last year the Esperante GTR-1 was bringing a 560 HP engine forward,this has changed to 573 HP.At the first tests,TS020 saw that the Panoz was very sensitif when the tires were cold."I'm hoping at a very good strategy"said TS020 .

20 July 2004.Laguna Seca 90 laps.

The teams are getting ready for the qualification session.To everbody's biggest surprise,the American GT Chevrolet team was not ready for this competition and let it out for a year to prepare themself for the Le Mans 24 Houres race.

10:50 : The start of the qualification session."At the beginning,we already saw the Oreca Team was very fast,so TS020 had to be very concentraded to drive a clean lap".After an half an hour the qualifying session was cancelled due to heavy rain.

Line-up after 10 laps qualifying:

1.Viper GTS-R Team Oreca.(Mark)
2.Panoz Esperante GTR-1.(TS020)
3.Storm V12 Race Car.(Giancarlo)
4.Vertigo Race Car.(Bas)
5.Ford GT40 Race Car.(Jos)
6.CLK Touring Car.(Christijan)

Good result for the Vertigo team since they came out the 24 uren van Zolder.

The Start:

Mark takes the lead out of TS020,together they are going in the first corner but Mark can hold the lead.After one lap,Mark has a gap of 4 seconds between him and TS020."This is not what we expected,Ove Andersson said.There car is better than we expected".After 5 laps,the Lister team makes the first stop of the race.After 8 laps,Mark makes a pitstop also.The Panoz motorsports team sceduled there stops every 11 laps.at lap 22 ,TS020 pits with a 2nd position at 11 seconds at the leader.At the back of the field,everythings running normal but the American Ford team seems to have some suspension trouble.

After the first half of the race,Mark is leading TS020 by 7 seconds.

The other positions:

3.Vertigo Racing team.
4.Lister Racing Sports.
5.Mercedes Engine Sports.
6.American Ford Racing.

In the second half of the race ,Mark is still leading TS020 but with a very small gap of 5 seconds.In lap 73,TS020 sets the fastest lap time of the race.The Frence Oreca Team is very surprised about that lap."Thats 1 full second faster then our fastest lap time!".Team manager Frank reports it to Mark who is driving the guts out of himself.At lap 88,The Frence Oreca Team makes they're last stop.Now it's sertain,The Panoz motorsports team will claim they're first win since 1998.At the finish,TS020 is very happy."I'm very happy about this win,I'll be looking forward to the next race"."We are very pleased with this victory,so far Ove Andersson".

Final Race results:

1.Panoz:121.53.663
2.Viper:+26.369
3.Vertigo:+2 laps
4.Storm:+3laps
5.Clk:+5laps
6.GT40:+6laps.

The American Ford Team was unstatisfied with this result."It's very dissapointing losing from the CLK".

TS020 was awarded a 300,000 bonus and an F1 car to start his career in de Formula GT.

I'm amazed you beat the Vertigo. When I first tried to run this in a suped Autobacs MR-S, I was killing the Vertigo on lap times, but he pitted just twice in the entire race, and I couldn't outrun that kind of tire life.

I ran the race the second time in the stock Panoz on T3s, with a total of 122':11.low", but I pitted every 10 laps. My fast lap was 1':17.high". I was about a minute up on the Viper and I was 11 laps up on the CLK!
:lol:

neon_duke
I'm amazed you beat the Vertigo. When I first tried to run this in a suped Autobacs MR-S, I was killing the Vertigo on lap times, but he pitted just twice in the entire race, and I couldn't outrun that kind of tire life.

I ran the race the second time in the stock Panoz on T3s, with a total of 122':11.low", but I pitted every 10 laps. My fast lap was 1':17.high". I was about a minute up on the Viper and I was 11 laps up on the CLK!
:lol:

Yeah... The Vertigo is kinda... Long lasting...

Man, I wish he would have done that on mine. He ran endless "turtle" laps - slow but steady. I was in a great tooth-and-nail pitting duel with the Viper when I ran the Autobacs MR-S, and it would have been a great close race. But that Vertigo driver just kept crawling away from us an foot at a time.

TS020
Thanks,gotta keep the fun in a write-up :dopey: But Neon_Duke,were did you get that Autobacs?

@neon_duke hope you don't mind me replying on your behalf....

@TS020 In short, the SuperAutoBacs Apex MR-S can be obtained at All Japan GT Championship in Professional League and at SS Route 11 Endurance race.

All the prize car colours are here!

Prize cars, what you can win & where!

Try these 2 links though, personally I've downloaded both and printed them out as a text file so I can refer to them anytime, and check off the cars as I acquire them.

Nice job with the write-up by the way 👍

Back