TSR Super Formula SF19 - Season 1

• Thread starter GTWelsh
  • 566 comments
Are you going to do a manual grid order then or shall we all wait for the safety car to pass us before we head off for the warm up lap?

What a race!

Annoyed at myself for finishing 7th when 5th or even 4th was on the table, but that said.... loved the fight I was having with T5Black and Maarten, and I really hope you guys did too!

I'm proud I had the pace of the front runners to fight back up the field, after a wee touch from samdigby gave me rear aero damage in the opening laps but I should really have the talent by now to race with a bit of damage, so going off and damaging myself more was on me. Starting with full fuel helped a LOT with getting me back up the field when others were taking on 30% or more at every stop.

Those RM tyres were really good and I really wish I'd gone RM for quali because they had a substantial amount of grip! Overall I finished the race where I started, with more than enough flickers of the pace that was absent from Fuji to keep me happy!

I needed 5mph out of each gear though! :lol: all race my aim was to try and run T1 all the way around at 165mph, and I got 162 dropping to 5th and just straddling that rev limit. :lol: really shouldn't be aiming for that sort of thing 2 laps from the end though!!

What a race!

Annoyed at myself for finishing 7th when 5th or even 4th was on the table, but that said.... loved the fight I was having with T5Black and Maarten, and I really hope you guys did too!

I'm proud I had the pace of the front runners to fight back up the field, after a wee touch from samdigby gave me rear aero damage in the opening laps but I should really have the talent by now to race with a bit of damage, so going off and damaging myself more was on me. Starting with full fuel helped a LOT with getting me back up the field when others were taking on 30% or more at every stop.

Those RM tyres were really good and I really wish I'd gone RM for quali because they had a substantial amount of grip! Overall I finished the race where I started, with more than enough flickers of the pace that was absent from Fuji to keep me happy!

I needed 5mph out of each gear though! :lol: all race my aim was to try and run T1 all the way around at 165mph, and I got 162 dropping to 5th and just straddling that rev limit. :lol: really shouldn't be aiming for that sort of thing 2 laps from the end though!!
I enjoyed watching your battles on stream mate! Quality stuff!

You my friend were an absolute rocketship!! Fully deserved a win had things gone better at the start.
Cheers mate, things just didn't fall my way at the start, got a bit excited on the wheelspin too :D , then a few daft mistakes later I'm well happy with 3rd :P

It's quite nice to see the pace is there, and although I put way more effort into the setup and practice than I usually do, it showed. I set a 1:12.9 last lap on mediums, for example. The pace was unreal (for once) Goes to show how important consistency is.

Oh and, guys, the liveries on show! It looks absolutely brilliant :D

You TSR boys all have the same setup? Was pissing away time on the straights l, probably had too much downforce on my car. Well chuffed with 6th after starting last, didn't have any qualifying pace and then binned it.

A question though, if I bin it on my 4th lap and have to pit I presume the 5th lap is my outlap and I can't get another lap in?

You TSR boys all have the same setup? Was pissing away time on the straights l, probably had too much downforce on my car. Well chuffed with 6th after starting last, didn't have any qualifying pace and then binned it.

A question though, if I bin it on my 4th lap and have to pit I presume the 5th lap is my outlap and I can't get another lap in?
No, I think me and TSR_Jimmy had the same setup though.

Well done on the race too :D

And very good question, this will be clarified soon but my suggestion now is, it will likely cut your laps, as a consequence of crashing. So, the lost lap and the outlap means one crash cuts your flying laps from 5 to 3.

We're usually trying to keep things moving quickly and everyone finishing roughly together makes it all a bit easier.

Well in fairness I thought it was better when you had no pitting in qualifying turned on, it doesn't make sense to be able to repair your car if you crash it.

And another thing if I do an extra lap cos I binned it then that means I gain a little advantage by having less fuel in my car for my extra lap, so think I did the sportsman like thing by parking up at the side of the track

Well in fairness I thought it was better when you had no pitting in qualifying turned on, it doesn't make sense to be able to repair your car if you crash it.

And another thing if I do an extra lap cos I binned it then that means I gain a little advantage by having less fuel in my car for my extra lap, so think I did the sportsman like thing by parking up at the side of the track
I pitted but still only done 5 laps (including the pit lap)

8079488528768074776_0.jpg

From comfortably leading the standings to wishing Joe gets lower than 4th if I win both remaining races to be able to win the championship...

By the way the championship top 3 is just in another league.

Now Joe has to get twice as many points for the Nukeshot squad.
Teams championships do not exist here.

In the standings, yes, there is a gap between the top-3 and the rest of the field. However I do feel like there’s a few drivers missing out on results they could’ve gotten and the grid in Yama was very very beefy with some drivers not having driven the entire season..

Judging by CJ and I both messing up one of our races badly and Joe’s consistency i expect Joe to take the title by the next race, but you never know ;)

Grid for R5
  1. TSR_GTWelsh
  2. TSR_T5Black
  3. TSR_Kurt24
  4. TSR_Jimmy
  5. TSR_Maarten
  6. CrazyJohn
  7. JoeOfTheFire
  8. StormPacer
  9. Pinkarey
  10. Jomas_74
  11. Halbstark093
  12. DR_HASH
  13. Will-Friedmann
  14. JC10110

Last edited:
Quick reminder...

Quali
5 "potential flying laps" for Qualifying (6 laps including the outlap).
If you need to pit in Quali, you do not get more laps, pitting ultimately means 2 lost laps.
No in-game chat at any time until the last car has done the last lap.

Formation
Wait for safety car to get to the front initially
No overtaking the safety car
If you crash on the outlap when coming in for fuel, repair there and then and start the race as normal.
If you crash on the formation lap before forming up on the grid, sit in the pit and wait for the race to start, then do your repairs and go.
When you pit for fuel, you must not change tyres, you must not even change to the same tyre type you started on.

Race

1 x RS to be used maximum during the race.
Blue flags are off, but blue flag rules are to be assumed active so lapped cars please move over.
No in-game chat at any time until the race is over.

Post-Race
Please report any incidents to TSR staff with a lap number or race time.
Arguing and generally annoying everyone with your arguments may result in penalties or worse. Report it and TSR staff will do their best to resolve the issue on your behalf.

Thank you.

Driver briefing from Discord

Sf19 Round 5 nürb gp Driver briefings.

42+2 laps
12:00 conditions
x3rate RS + RM tyres

Red/white curbs 2 wheels max.
Full corse white line track limit ex highlights of t4e

Exit of t2 two wheels max on the red/white curbs if crossed onto the astro it will be treated as gaining an advantage for t3.

Exit of t4 white line can be crossed with all 4 wheels but car must be crossed back onto track before the red/white curb.

Entry t10 2 wheels max on red/white curbs.

Final chicane 2 wheels max on the red/white curbs.
Circuit full white line is treated as a max track limit. Exploit that, excluding t4 exit will be treated as a advantage if time is gained.

Pit entry/exit line must not be crossed when leading to the pits or leaving.

Grid
  1. TSR_GTWelsh
  2. TSR_T5Black
  3. TSR_Kurt24
  4. TSR_Jimmy
  5. TSR_Maarten
  6. CrazyJohn
  7. JoeOfTheFire
  8. StormPacer
  9. Pinkarey
  10. WaikeCU
  11. Halbstark093
  12. DR_HASH
  13. Will-Friedmann
  14. JC10110

On Call
  1. Jomas_74
Saftey Car
  1. TSR_STIG
Broadcaster
  1. DirtenDK

Last edited:
This is awkward, but I got tests tomorrow, so I won’t be able to skip school. I can attend next week for sure since school ends May 10 (and I have no friends irl lol). Best of luck to you guys racing, and I’ll cya on the broadcast.

Quick reminder...

Quali
5 "potential flying laps" for Qualifying (6 laps including the outlap).
If you need to pit in Quali, you do not get more laps, pitting ultimately means 2 lost laps.
No in-game chat at any time until the last car has done the last lap.

Formation
Wait for safety car to get to the front initially
No overtaking the safety car
If you crash on the outlap when coming in for fuel, repair there and then and start the race as normal.
If you crash on the formation lap before forming up on the grid, sit in the pit and wait for the race to start, then do your repairs and go.
When you pit for fuel, you must not change tyres, you must not even change to the same tyre type you started on.

Race

1 x RS to be used maximum during the race.
Blue flags are off, but blue flag rules are to be assumed active so lapped cars please move over.
No in-game chat at any time until the race is over.

Post-Race
Please report any incidents to TSR staff with a lap number or race time.
Arguing and generally annoying everyone with your arguments may result in penalties or worse. Report it and TSR staff will do their best to resolve the issue on your behalf.

Thank you.

Grid
  1. TSR_GTWelsh
  2. TSR_T5Black
  3. TSR_Kurt24
  4. TSR_Jimmy
  5. TSR_Maarten
  6. CrazyJohn
  7. JoeOfTheFire
  8. StormPacer
  9. Pinkarey
  10. Jomas_74