Tsukuba lap times for 136 N-class cars - 1 remaining

Well the F1 has 35 more horsepower, only 1 fewer ft-lbs of torque, and weighs 1,323 lbs less than the Nismo. I'm not terribly surprised the F1 is faster.

3:2 sounds good to me. Tsukuba definitely requires more skill to successfully hot lap.

Done.
Because my sheet is in early beta I will share the comparison for the N200 Class. You can find it by clicking somewhere on these sentences.

Tested two cars this morning. Audi TTS Coupe and Toyota S-FR Racing Concept. I spent around 20 minutes to bring the Toyota down to 1:02.0 and then another 20 minutes to finally breathe a sigh of relief with a 1:01.9 lap.

After more hours than I am willing to admit making my spreadsheet I can really see you disliking having xx.0xx times, or even xx.1xx times. The most times you have are between xx.667 and xx.999.

Last edited:
Really nice, but what tires?
Thank you for the feedback, I will implement a general information sheet immediately.

T300 wheel, paddle shifters, ABS and Brake Balance at default settings. All other aids off.

Tires are Sport Hard for every car. I will be testing all 88 N-category cars.

This is a sequel/comparison to the Suzuka East TT thread which can be found in my signature.

Looks good @oinksnork ! When I am finished with all 88 cars, I'll put a link to your spreadsheet in the original post :)

Right now the Hyundai Genesis is on my last nerve. I've been chipping away tenth by tenth and I'm stuck at 1:07.1xx but I know I can get 1:06 with one extremely lucky lap...I'm probably just going to leave it for now and save my sanity.

Edit: Spent another 20 or 30 laps and finally succeeded. The Hyundai Genesis is officially a 1:06 car on Sport Hards. Eventually I'd like to do the same with the Honda Civic Type R...

Last edited:
Looks good @oinksnork ! When I am finished with all 88 cars, I'll put a link to your spreadsheet in the original post :)

Right now the Hyundai Genesis is on my last nerve. I've been chipping away tenth by tenth and I'm stuck at 1:07.1xx but I know I can get 1:06 with one extremely lucky lap...I'm probably just going to leave it for now and save my sanity.

Edit: Spent another 20 or 30 laps and finally succeeded. The Hyundai Genesis is officially a 1:06 car on Sport Hards. Eventually I'd like to do the same with the Honda Civic Type R...

Nooooooo, the only XX.0xx time. On a more serious note, doesn't this create a disparity between the cars. If you keep hot lapping these cars until you reach a certain time due to some OCD you will push these cars way harder than all the none XX.[something really low]XX cars

I can see you found the motivation again in TT MidFieldMaven. Congrats!

I can clearly see that most cars are much slower in Tsukuba on GTS than GT6. Especially for RX7 FD Spirit R '02 we know from Best Motoring tests that it could do 1.04,9 or less on CS tires since the normal RS '98 model did 1.04,88 back in '98 and was doing constant 1m07s laps when tested and won the 20lap endurance in Tsukuba in 1999 on CM level tires (in GT6 I did 1.04,934 on CS). It hold the fastest time for a japanese production stock model there until the special editions of NSX Type R gen 2 and the EVO VIII MR GSR ' 04 were launched and tested much later. So, to get Spirit R up to 1m06s on SH it proves that something isn't correct. Tiregrip or pavement's friction level might be much lower than the real one.

To add some comparizon to the previous stats, Suprza RZ on CS did 1.06,35 in RL and 1.06,113 when I took it around for a spin in GT6.

Nooooooo, the only XX.0xx time. On a more serious note, doesn't this create a disparity between the cars. If you keep hot lapping these cars until you reach a certain time due to some OCD you will push these cars way harder than all the none XX.[something really low]XX cars

It might. But for the most part, if I go back to some other cars I didn't spend as much time with, I feel I'd only be somewhere between 1 and 3 tenths faster. Like, I want to spend more time with the Supra, but I do give it 100% with every car before I'm comfortable submitting the lap.

I can see you found the motivation again in TT MidFieldMaven. Congrats!

I can clearly see that most cars are much slower in Tsukuba on GTS than GT6. Especially for RX7 FD Spirit R '02 we know from Best Motoring tests that it could do 1.04,9 or less on CS tires since the normal RS '98 model did 1.04,88 back in '98 and was doing constant 1m07s laps when tested and won the 20lap endurance in Tsukuba in 1999 on CM level tires (in GT6 I did 1.04,934 on CS). It hold the fastest time for a japanese production stock model there until the special editions of NSX Type R gen 2 and the EVO VIII MR GSR ' 04 were launched and tested much later. So, to get Spirit R up to 1m06s on SH it proves that something isn't correct. Tiregrip or pavement's friction level might be much lower than the real one.

To add some comparizon to the previous stats, Suprza RZ on CS did 1.06,35 in RL and 1.06,113 when I took it around for a spin in GT6.

Thanks, Rotorist. I'm so glad PD gave us this track. Maybe I should've been testing on Sport Mediums or Softs, eh? I just don't enjoy having that much grip. It doesn't feel realistic to me.

It might. But for the most part, if I go back to some other cars I didn't spend as much time with, I feel I'd only be somewhere between 1 and 3 tenths faster. Like, I want to spend more time with the Supra, but I do give it 100% with every car before I'm comfortable submitting the lap.

Thanks, Rotorist. I'm so glad PD gave us this track. Maybe I should've been testing on Sport Mediums or Softs, eh? I just don't enjoy having that much grip. It doesn't feel realistic to me.

Tsukuba and Suzuka are my favourite test tracks as it is easy to find the car limit as those tracks have clear lines and if one learns them well he gets close to the car potential in 5-10 laps usually. So, I prefer Tsukuba for cars up to 500HP and Suzuka for the more powerful. But for a quick test Tsukuba is easily the best.

As for your TT I just prefer CM or CS tires for production cars, SH or SM for tuned ones and for racecars RH (or RM for very poewrful ones). It is your time and effort though, I don't try to make you change your mind friend. Just postimg my thoughts here as a fan of TT in driving-racing games that have real life cars and tracks to compare with when possible.

Cheers! :cheers:

Well, I went back to the Supra, and I regret to inform you all that I should not have submitted its original time of 1:07.476 because I just crushed it, and have a new time of 1:06.819 over 6 tenths of a second faster. I had a feeling its time was off...Still not faster than the FD RX-7, but it's pretty much even with the Civic Type R. I remember putting in a LOT of time with the Civic, so getting a 1:06 in that might be impossible for me, but I will try tomorrow.

Also tested the Corvette C3. It's 4 seconds slower than the C7.

Re-tested Civic Type R and was 3 tenths faster. Now I can get back to testing new cars.

I'm about to test the Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71 and just realized I never tested it at Suzuka East. I'll have to do that sometime...

Edit: Just finished testing the Mustang with a 1:07.6xx and the game crashed before I could save it. You've got to be kidding me right now. The last 30 minutes, gone. Well it shouldn't be too hard to get close to where I was...

Edit 2: It only took a few laps to get back to 1:07.6xx and now I'm done with it. Fun fact: It's tied with the Ford Raptor.

Edit 3: Tested the De Tomaso Pantera. It's 2 tenths quicker than the Alpine A110.

Last edited:
One of the daily races today is the GT-R Nismo on Sport Hard at Tsukuba and the #1 time is 1:00.6xx which is still several tenths off the time in that real life video.

One of the daily races today is the GT-R Nismo on Sport Hard at Tsukuba and the #1 time is 1:00.6xx which is still several tenths off the time in that real life video.
To help all realise the difference in grip, in real life the tires are much closer to CS. So, the difference is close to 2 seconds. Huge imho. In GT6 I managed to have times very close to real life in more than the 80% of the cars. In GTS, I can see that there is something way off at the grip levels.

Didn't PD have Yokohama help develop the tire/grip model for GT6? Maybe that's not the case for GT Sport, unfortunately.

N300 is complete. Also tested Mercedes A 45 AMG and Dodge Challenger R/T.

You did under 1 minute lap time in the Veyron which i can't beat just yet your transmission was manual right ? I drive in automatic and i think i was faster than you in the Veyron in Suzuka but slower on Tsukuba. The F1 was slower than the Veyron :eek:

J.D
You did under 1 minute lap time in the Veyron which i can't beat just yet your transmission was manual right ? I drive in automatic and i think i was faster than you in the Veyron in Suzuka but slower on Tsukuba. The F1 was slower than the Veyron :eek:

Yes I shift manually. The F1 seems to have some understeer in the hairpins and you can't floor the gas as quickly as you can in the Veyron. I'll have to compare the laps and check their speeds at the ends of the straights and mid-corner.

sorry I was wrong, the fastest european nismo time is 59.993. but it's still much faster than the video

Fastest time is 59.948 in USA. The lap is impressive, but Turn 3 was dirty and should have resulted in a penalty. Something I've been wondering about is the green run-off just before the Start/Finish line. Is it legal to use the entirety of it? In the video in the 2nd post of this thread, the driver does not use it at all, and neither do I, but GT Sport does not penalize putting all 4 tires over the curbing.

Anyway, tested the Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback. Can't wait to test the Camaro SS tomorrow or Tuesday.

Back