TT#40 K-cars Eiger/500pp Trial Mtn

A low .3 now which puts me 3rd by a thousandth :D Final-Stage will probably take the spot back though. Again a bad first sector but I did the last 2 sectors about as quick as yinato IIRC.

Very nice lap, On the Podium for now! :drool:
Do you have a tune?

Been away for a couple of days. Done a lot of (GT5) driving as well. Trying out all the tunes and still couldn't beat my own record with my own tuning I did (which I do not recommend). My tuning was awful. I finally managed to better my record, now 1:33.9?? (I think) with PRIVATEJOKERs tune.

Listening to Metallica, driving like mad, death grip on controller, sweat dripping down my face, finally stop and realize my body is all contorted....what a blast!! Just got a new (to me) car on Friday but don't drive it like this one....haha.

Thanks to everyone for the tips, links, and sharing. I am happy to read some personal insights, and sharing of life experience. It takes a real man to admit he is wrong and have the willingness to make amends and move forward. Respect....

Try BoroWillow's Tune too.

I did a 1:33.1xx but the stupid registration error showed up :ouch:, so my time did not get recorded. I'm sitting on 1:33.9xx but this was done on the 2nd try with that tune.

Tried BoroWillow's tune yesterday and progressed from 1:34.096 to 1:33.885 and was sitting at exactly #700.
Have just signed in today and find I am now #758.
More work to do. Thanks for posting the tune.

Well, back in the 600's again, #650 to be exact, with a 1:33.634.

Decided to give it 2.00 cam on the front and 1.00 at the back, although I am not attributing that to my advancement through the ranks as I could often get a few tenths of a second in front before losing it again.

Thought id share my tune for the 350pp Eiger TT. So far 1:23.635 but there is more in it if i could do a half decent first sector.

Honda Beat Version F '92
R/H 45/-20 S/R 13.5/13.5
Dampers 6/4 5/5
A/R 2/2
Camber 0.7/1.1 Toe -0.25/0.35

LSD 5/21/5 Brakes 4/8

Trans
FG.5.290
MS. 140

Weight 140@+11 Power 115bhp@73.2%

Last edited:
Elise 111R RM '04 Tune V2
240CV 871Kg 500PP

Sport Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sport Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sport
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Power Limiter 83.4%

Ballast 151 @ 15 (Weight distributtion 39/61)

Aero 20/50

Suspension

20/-25
13.3/12.8
9/4
6/4
3/5
2.0/1.0
-0.05/0.00

LSD 10/40/20

BB 5/5

Transmission

Last 5200
Max 210 KMH (130 MPH)

Just tried a slightly modified version of this tune about a minute ago. I'm down to 1:33.246 with it and I'm just under 4 seconds behind Rock_starsp9.

I was only running 223HP, 840kg, and a strong front brake balance, but those are the only real mods I made to it.

Just a note: I'm not very good with tuning cars, but I'll try out some other tunes here to see if I can improve.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, what is the highest HP you guys are running your Elise RM's at?

think its 256hp @920kg gonna drop the power and lose weight. Haven't run many laps yet so haven't decided my settings yet what you running KB18

I was only running 223HP, 840kg, and a strong front brake balance, but those are the only real mods I made to it.

Well Sir, if you change the Car Weight & his Weight Distribution, you will must do a Suspension Change. Remember that the Suspension Setting depend directly of the Car Weight & his Weight Distribution.
Regards.

think its 256hp @920kg gonna drop the power and lose weight. Haven't run many laps yet so haven't decided my settings yet what you running KB18

Ironically, the exact same thing you're running, lol. Car seems to do better at around 242 - 245 HP tho. Been try to find that right power to rate ratio for this car....just experimenting and playing around with the setup.

Ironically, the exact same thing you're running, lol. Car seems to do better at around 242 - 245 HP tho. Been try to find that right power to rate ratio for this car....just experimenting and playing around with the setup.

According to this site: http://westfield-world.com/power-to-weight.html
The approximate bhp per ton for the Lotus Exige is 247. Has anyone attempted this time trial with this tune(courtesy of Crispy)?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=199353 Keep in mind

GT5 doesn't have a Lotus Exige. HOWEVER, this tune will closely replicate a Lotus Exige and therefore, the 247bhp/ton might apply

caveat: The Motorsport Elise '99(precursor to the S1 Exige) is in GT5. I am willing to put this car on share with this tune if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Sure, put it on share and I'll try it out. I always had this suspicion that, when power limiting and adding weight, there is an optimum setting for each car. My testing with various cars leads me to believe this is true...at least so far. My fastest lap times are right around 245 HP, even tho I can get the HP higher. And yes, I have been changing the suspension and LSD settings to match the HP and weight settings.

Sure, put it on share and I'll try it out. I always had this suspicion that, when power limiting and adding weight, there is an optimum setting for each car. My testing with various cars leads me to believe this is true...at least so far. My fastest lap times are right around 245 HP, even tho I can get the HP higher. And yes, I have been changing the suspension and LSD settings to match the HP and weight settings.
Was curious if you had tried my tune of the Daihatsu Cuore/Mira for the Kei car TT.
Interested to see what some better drivers can do with it.:D

Was curious if you had tried my tune of the Daihatsu Cuore/Mira for the Kei car TT.
Interested to see what some better drivers can do with it.:D

Sorry, not yet. Haven't even done that TT yet. Been focusing all of my attention on Trial Mountain. I promise I'll get to it tho and give you feedback.

Hey Guys;
On Trial Mountain, after the first tunnel, the first corner around the rock on the right do you slow down in same gear around the corner, or gear down before it?

Hey Guys;
On Trial Mountain, after the first tunnel, the first corner around the rock on the right do you slow down in same gear around the corner, or gear down before it?

I gear down to second before it, or at precisely the moment to turn the car and then back up to third. I've noticed some of the GTP guys call it the GT Academy 2012 method of cornering--to paraphrase.

Good evening my friends,

Sorry for the delay but here is finally my setup!

Honda BEAT Version F '92:

180131465005f5e2a6d5e.png

This car is drive around in B-spec, it already has 5 hp more than that with which I am doing my 1'22'983, my car had 115 hp - against 120 hp for the new, I think also that my setup is not perfect, it would not lighten the car to have as much power as possible, I go back on trial this week and will keep you informed of news!

As you can see, I installed all the engine components as possible to favor the couple but by installing any components other than the preparation of 3 motor car can reach over 127 hp! We must try to see if it's better!

Anyway I hope that my setup will be useful, it is a pleasure to share with you!

Ps: Small Gerchu Dedications to my friend who has sent me a message at the same time of image capture lol! :D

Good night and good luck my friends. 👍

Regards,
Yinato.

Last edited:

Regards,
Yinato.
thanks ive got my weight down to 901 kg and i sometimes gain a little on the long straight, could less weight be helping me climb the hill? or am i simply getting better exit speed?

As you can see, I installed all the engine components as possible to favor the couple but by installing any components other than the preparation of 3 motor car can reach over 127 hp! We must try to see if it's better!

Anyway I hope that my setup will be useful, it is a pleasure to share with you!

Ps: Small Gerchu Dedications to my friend who has sent me a message at the same time of image capture lol! :D

Regards,
Yinato.

Thanks for the setup Yinato, I'll give it a go tonight. What struck me about your setup though is that you have 119bhp with 919kg weight, mine has 119bhp with 899kg. Maybe that can gain you some time so if you want to try this, let me know.

Has anyone tried Lotus Sport 190'98, it has very low weight at stock, I did some tuning on mine, 500pp with 255hp, 797kg, max downforce, 49/51 weight distribution - ballast at 127kg/front -50. No NA upgrade yet, so this car might have potential, although it won't beat Lotus RM.

yet another elise tune, have taken parts of setups from all that have posted, i have come up with this one, it seems to have more grip than i can use!
RH 30/-25
SR 15/12
6/6
7/8
2/1
brakes 5/1
DIFF 5/10/10 would probably be better with being a bit more agressive(my foot isnt delicate enough)
WING 20/50
BALAST 165@-8
POWER @78.1%
FINAL 3.318
ADD ALL PARTS.
It should be able to do 1.30.xx with me driving, if i can grow a bigger pair of balls and do the last corner.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back