TT in our hands ...

• Thread starter VV
  • 203 comments

VV

The box and the dvd :

The operation sheet in english :

The manual in chinese :

... but now I'm not at home, I'm in my company so I (and you) must wait approximately 8 hours before playing the game. :D

Edited first post with complete chinese manual.
You can notice on the box that it's a 1-2 players game, so no lan mode.:indiff:

First GTP Photo Mode pic.

attachment.php

Wow, the Chinese manual is certainly something to look at 👍! By the time a PAL release comes round, it'll be hideously unattractive. I must say the photomode/rider gear annotations are very smart.

Well done VV, I really appreciate your hard work!

Congrats you lucky bugger! You do deserve it first.

ALPHA
Wow, the Chinese manual is certainly something to look at 👍! By the time a PAL release comes round, it'll be hideously unattractive. I must say the photomode/rider gear annotations are very smart.

I am having doubts now if it will ever reach PAL gamers :( , I may have to mod my PS2 and import it.

VIPERGTSR01
I am having doubts now if it will ever reach PAL gamers :( , I may have to mod my PS2 and import it.
No need. A PAL version of Prologue wasn't announced until a while after the Japanese/Asian/Korean launch. I believe this is a similar case where the game is initially released in these specific regions where feedback allows for bug fixes, various improvements and then localisation. Well that's what I'm telling myself anyway!

TT Chinese Manual
The rider who controls a motorcycle feels a wind for the
whole body, and is trying to become the wind.
Feeling an illusion which the own body extended, the
rider runs in the ground and becomes the wind.
:scared:

Found in the manual and the operation sheet :

manualp18fisco7ih.jpg

That means at least three different versions of Fuji Speedway are available in TT : Fisco 2005 (announced), Fisco 80's and Fisco 90's.

So the only difference between the Chinese and Japanese version's is that the Chinese comes with a English manual along with a Chinese one? The Chinese version is still fully in Chinese correct with your option to switch to English after looking at the back cover of the game. If this is the case then I will still keep my Japanese version pre-order and save those pics you took of the English manual in case I run into any problems, thanks for taking those pics by the way.

Here are the latest Japanese game review scores:

PlayStation 2
- Tourist Trophy (Sony) - 8, 8, 8, 8 - (32/40)

Probably a Famitsu score.

First impressions.

It's really a GT like.
The DFP is not recognized by the game. :indiff:
Tracks available in Arcade Mode at the beginning of the game :
Tsukuba
Fisco 2005
Fisco 90's
Fisco 80's
Motegi West
Motegi East
Motegi Road
Motegi Super
Suzuka East
Suzuka West
Suzuka
Laguna Seca
Infineon
Valencia
Nurburgring
Beginner's Course
Motorland
High Speed Ring
Midfield
Apricot Hill
Autumn Mini
Autumn Ring
Trial Moutain
Deep Forest
Grand Valley East
Grand Valley
El Capitan
Tokyo R246
C.S.Route 5
S.S.Route 5
Seoul
Hong Kong
New York
Seattle
Citta di Aria
Amalfi
Cote d'Azur
Valencia seems to be the only new track for the moment.
Reverse tracks are not available. :indiff:
40 licences, 10 licences by level (Novice, Junior, Expert, Super)
21 Race Events, probably unlocked with the licences (the four first are free).
Bikes to be unlocked in the garage with the Challenge Mode :
20 Honda
23 Yamaha
3 Aprilia
2 Buell
13 Kawasaki
5 Bmw
2 Ducati
13 Suzuki
3 Triumph
2 MV Augusta
The Yamaha Grand Magesty 250 '05 is the beginning car in the garage.

More informations later. ;)

VV
First impressions.

It's really a GT like.

There's a car in the game??? :sly:

haha, Thanks VV

After being locked away in a depot for 24 hours, I’m pleased to say that my copy is finally in my possession (the UPS folk were not amused when I rang the emergency number on the public holiday :sly:)
There are a few things that need to be done today, though I’ll keep GTP updated with pics and info later this afternoon.

thats still a great list of tracks to ride bikes on 👍

is there a photomode, or atleast the ability to take pics durring the replay ???

VV
First impressions.

It's really a GT like.

I am playing the game as well. It is lots of fun. However, I really hope we can have better controller than DS2. Something has stronger force feedback.
I can not feel the surface of the road, it is too smooth. Other than that, I am enjoying the game. PD are improving in lots of area, like the explaination on the tunning menu. And now we can choose to display either in "Km " or " Mile", " PS" or " HP". I believe they are listenning to the player, and try to make the game better and better.

I have 2 in game questions for people who had the game.

#1. How do you turn the ghost image off when you in the lincense trainning?

#2. Can you delete a bike you don't like in your garage? I can not find any button that do that.

Thanks a lot.

chihchou

German Muscle
Can you mod the bikes with turbos, nitrous, NA Tune Ups or anything like that? TIA

You can upgarde the muffler to sport type which comes with the bike, and the tire to a better one on the " Street Type Bike". The muffler does not increase the power too much. It sounds differently, it increase the high rpm power a little bit.

Currently, I find no place to tune your bike. I don't think PD make this a "turbos, nitrous, NA Tune" game at all, but a riding game on their first attempt.

chihchou
You can upgarde the muffler to sport type which comes with the bike, and the tire to a better one on the " Street Type Bike". The muffler does not increase the power too much. It sounds differently, it increase the high rpm power a little bit.

Currently, I find no place to tune your bike. I don't think PD make this a "turbos, nitrous, NA Tune" game at all, but a riding game on their first attempt.

Thats good news for me to hear. The tune ups were way over the top in the GT series if you ask me. Supposed to be a simulator right?

chihchou
And now we can choose to display either in "Km " or " Mile", " PS" or " HP". I believe they are listenning to the player, and try to make the game better and better.

You could do that in GT4.

Drillah
Thats good news for me to hear. The tune ups were way over the top in the GT series if you ask me. Supposed to be a simulator right?

I guess that's why they make the "race modify version" , so the tunning is more real

chihchou
I have NTSC-J, I don't think I can find that function
That'd be because (I'm almost certain) it's a PAL and NTSC/US only, improvement.

Visit, OPTIONS > MISC today!

Looking good Sam'! I like to use a lower shutter speed in photomode to lose the "frozen in time", look of the wheels. However it's all down to whatever floats peoples boats ;)!
More later...
:)👍

Some thoughts:
-I’ll be doing free runs for a while, as I’d rather gauge the nature of the game than undertake contrived tests on bloated scooters.
-On standard tyres, the game is quite arcadey in nature. (I’m looking into the various tyre options)
-Too much grip, and inability to overwhelm the rear wheel when cranked over under power.
-Although you can see the suspension moving over curbs, it feels as if you sail right over them.
-Falling, stoppies and monos are a giggle. The ZX-10 is a monster stunter!:crazy:
-Engine sounds are a little bit feeble. I’ve ridden V4, V2 and I4.
-Valencia is proving to be quite a lot of fun.
-No backfire. I could use it now that I’m using the third person perspective.

attachment.php

Right, back to the ‘ring.

EDIT
Hayden
Looking good Sam'! I like to use a lower shutter speed in photomode to lose the "frozen in time", look of the wheels. However it's all down to whatever floats peoples boats !
No time to take nice pics, as there is far too much to do. Look out for thoughtful shots when things settle down. Not chasing art…chasing exclusives.;)

chihchou
I have NTSC-J, I don't think I can find that function

Ah, yes thats why then, but as ALPHA said you can on NTSC (US) and PAL versions.

Back