TT Photomode Competition — Week 01

• Thread starter ALPHA
  • 35 comments

title9wk.gif

theme4he.gif

“No Limits”
There’re no restrictions, so you can be as creative as you want!

rules8ln.gif

You may use any of the following:
Crop, Resize,
Adjustments (Levels, Colour Balance, Curves etc.),
Blur Filters, Noise Filters, Sharpen Filters,
Sharpen Tool, Burn Tool,
Dodge Tool, Blur Tool, Smudge Tool,
Clone Stamp Tool, Text Tool.

Feel free to add an appropriate border.
Clearly state your final entry using the standard “FINAL ENTRY” heading.
Thumbnail and preview images are to be no bigger than 175×175 & 300×400 pixels respectively in either orientation.
You may change your “final” entry once, though a change must be notified.
Following GT4 PMC practices, the theme chooser will select 20 entries which will be up for voting.
Each week’s competition and associated poll will last 7 days from when it was posted (except this one).
Don’t ask other members to choose your final entry.
Post your own work.
It’s your responsibility to ensure that your entry is online, so choose an image host wisely…
Inability to follow rules will lead to disqualification.

If you have any queries, feel free to attempt to contact me via a Private Message, or publicly here.

deadline9mh.gif

Sometime Monday 26th June (GMT +12).​

Wow ... thanks Alpha taking a step forward to run this competition
Great news to me :D gotta take some photos tonight
btw ... like the idea to have freedom on the image host choice 👍
and I may suggest we can use level/curve and color filter to adjust the image

franz
May suggest we can use level/curve to adjust the image other than just B&C alone
Oh, shoot I totally forgot! For flexibility I’ll add the whole Adjustment menu—I’m always working with Adjustment Layers, so why not?

Final Entry

Preview

preview2vr.jpg

Not had TT that long so limited on the pictures at the moment, but I do like this one.

Regards

Scaff

final entry

preview

[edit - alpha: xs.to puts thumbnails out at 131 x 175 as default, is that fine or do you want me to make my own thumbnails?]

FINAL ENTRY

Preview

Man, i havent even been on gtp or this forum for like 3 months. this was the first picture i took and modified on tt tho, so i thought id use it for the first comp... looks like the competition is pretty damn stiff tho:tup:

Nice job with the graphics ALPHA. 👍

This one is pretty poor, but I can’t be bothered firing up TT at the moment.

FINAL ENTRY

Hi everyone, Lovin' this game, haven't stoped playin' since I bought it last Monday, First 5 mins in and I thought it was a dud but after the next five hours I couldn't put the controller down. Anyway here is my PIC of the week..

Attachments

• IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 38
[empty space]
edit - alpha: xs.to puts thumbnails out at 131 x 175 as default, is that fine or do you want me to make my own thumbnails?
Nah, it’s fine.

I'll boost the thumbnail size to 175px square, makes it easier if you’ve played with the dimensional ratio. Everyone is more than welcome to create their own thumbnails up to the 175px limit. Keep them below 7.5kb, or you’ll get an almighty e–slap on the wrist.

Good to see people already pushing the rules—I don’t see the Text tool listed! Kidding, it’s fine. ;)

If there are less than 20 entries, nobody minds me entering?

Final Entry (changed)

By the way, Hayden... beautiful job on the first post... a stunning-looking post if ever I saw one. :bowdown:

It does strike me as odd that there are 194,000 galleries for TT, there've been people screaming for competition, and now we have one, 16 pics are entered after nearly 2 weeks!

Maybe the subject was too open, not a specific-enough assignment???

Back