TT Photomode Competition — Week 03

• Thread starter ALPHA
  • 19 comments

title9wk.gif

winner1nn.gif

theme4he.gif

“As Inspired By The Intro”
CHOSEN BY LAST WEEK’S WINNER, [empty space].
Reduce photos to be monochromatic but with
a main colour hue—similar to the imagery featured in the intro movie.

Examples provided by [empty space],

rules8ln.gif

You may use any of the following:
Crop, Resize,
Adjustments (Levels, Colour Balance, Curves etc.),
Blur Filters, Noise Filters, Sharpen Filters,
Sharpen Tool, Burn Tool,
Dodge Tool, Blur Tool, Smudge Tool,
Clone Stamp Tool, Text Tool.

Feel free to add an appropriate border.
Clearly state your final entry using the standard “FINAL ENTRY” heading.
Thumbnail and preview images are to be no bigger than 115×152 & 300×400 pixels respectively in either orientation.
Thumbnail images are required as these are used in the poll.
You may change your “final” entry once, though a change must be notified.
Following GT4 PMC practices, the theme chooser will select 20 entries which will be up for voting.
Each week’s competition and associated poll will last 7 days from when it was posted.
Don’t ask other members to choose your final entry.
Post your own work.
It’s your responsibility to ensure that your entry is online, so choose an image host wisely…
Inability to follow rules will lead to disqualification.

If you have any queries, feel free to attempt to contact me via a Private Message, or publicly here.

deadline9mh.gif

Sometime Monday 10th July (GMT +12).​

All, apologises for taking so long to get this up, I’ve been uh—busy. Honest.

[empty space], thanks for contacting me with the theme, aside from next week, I should be back to my slightly more organised self.

ALPHA
rules8ln.gif

You may use any of the following:
Crop, Resize,
Adjustments (Levels, Colour Balance, Curves etc.),
Blur Filters, Noise Filters, Sharpen Filters,
Sharpen Tool, Burn Tool,
Dodge Tool, Blur Tool, Smudge Tool,
Clone Stamp Tool, Text Tool.

Just as a quick query (considering this weeks theme), would it be appropriate to allow layers for this weeks comp?

BTW, cool theme 👍

Would anyone happen to have any advice for producing this shot? I'm familiar with photoshop, maybe its late but i just can't get my head round getting this effect pulled off!

TimBrad
Would anyone happen to have any advice for producing this shot? I'm familiar with photoshop, maybe its late but i just can't get my head round getting this effect pulled off!

one way is to open hue/saturation then desaturate with master then resaturate the colour you want to be dominate then repeat until you get the desired results :)

kaede - 👍

PoliniJake - if you had gone with the yoshi gsxr 8Hour itd be almost right out of the movie that plays behind the main menu screen 👍

[empty space]
one way is to open hue/saturation then desaturate with master then resaturate the colour you want to be dominate then repeat until you get the desired results :)

kaede - 👍

PoliniJake - if you had gone with the yoshi gsxr 8Hour itd be almost right out of the movie that plays behind the main menu screen 👍

I did it with the 8hr gsxr first, but when i de-saturated it the red and magenta looked awfull, so i whent with the Duke :)

Managed to do it without layers. Thanks for the tip ES, wasn't aware of that function in PS.

Final Entry

Preview
introimagepreview8wv.jpg

Syntax error
Just as a quick query (considering this weeks theme), would it be appropriate to allow layers for this weeks comp?
Layers are allowed, they’re a fundamental editing tool!

FINAL ENTRY

cory - the comp closed quite a while ago ... orginal posting date was july 2006. plus, your entry doesnt comply with the theme either ...

Back