tt rocks

• Thread starter ttfan
  • 13 comments
i got tt on friday and ive been waiting ages to play it, i wasnt disapointed, but there were a couple of things that piss me off....
1. the acceleration from low speed is very poor (not all bikes)
2. the lack of rear wheel action coming out of corners (no power slides and yes i do have pro mode on)
3. 4 bikes well thats just boring
but let me just say this....this is the best bike game/sim ive played and belive me ive played them all, it kicks every other game out of the water that ive played b4, i mean the grphics are just amazing and the attention to deatil is pretty sweet like when you ride the two strokes and you get that puff of smoke out of the pipes is awasome, if your a bike nut like me or not then i highly recommend this games its just so much fun...10/10

Turn off "failure conditions" in the options. This allows a bit more frisky rear end action (burnouts, wheelies/stoppies - lets you shift the rider's weight forwards and backwards with the left stick). Took me ages to work it out, you get the benefit of my frustration!

got TT today and after playing just about all day I think it's a very good game. At first I sucked at it but after some time, it went a whole lot better. But there are some things that I would like to see changed:
-the watery low speed manners
-the gear changing, which isn't in sync
-cockpit view, some look very good, for example the blackbird whereas others, like the R6, look rubbish.
-the built in traction control
Oh by the way, ttfan, the acceleration in the first couple of gears is indeed pretty lame, but it is possible to cut down the 0-100 times almost in half. I've only tried this with a racebike (CBR 1000RR RM), but what I did was this. Get into cockpit view (more sense of speed this way and you get a good look at the tacho, so you know when to change gears) with a long straight strip of tarmac in front of you. Make sure you stand still and then press and hold the tuck button. Apply full throttle and allow the front to come up a bit. Don't wheelie too high or you'll lose speed. I believe someone already mentioned this, and I find it does help. A friend of mine was using a stopwatch to check and although it may not be too accurate we did the 0-100 in just under 4 seconds.

TB
Four bikes? There are a few more than that.

I assukme he meant 4 bikes on track. This game is awesome, possible more fun than gt4 for me. Im loving driving the same tracks in a completely different way.

My only problem is deciding whether to go for high speed blasts on a big bike or grabing a smaller bike and hurling it round the twistiest track i can find.

rovens
I assukme he meant 4 bikes on track. This game is awesome, possible more fun than gt4 for me. Im loving driving the same tracks in a completely different way.

My only problem is deciding whether to go for high speed blasts on a big bike or grabing a smaller bike and hurling it round the twistiest track i can find.

I love the 'Ring using smaller bikes. There is a sense of realism in this for me...

I love it, best bike game ever, but i have to agree with some points.

The acceleration is a bit poor, when nailing a superbike through the gears it's like turning on a meteor, on this it's like watching tony blair enjoy a biscuit.

And them onboard views, some are fantastic but some are just damn right awfull.

Other than that i love it :D

:D I got the game on friday too, and I haven't been able to put it down since! The only problem is, I know absolutley nothing at all about bikes, nada, not a single thing! Its fun though, and I crash plenty! :sly:

When I first put the game on, I was cursing, wondering what was supposedly so great about this game, I couldn't get the damn bike around a single corner! Then I stopped thinking GT, and its starting to click with me. PD have done an awesome job of differentiating the bikes in TT. Even though I know nothing about bikes, I can feel the differences between the machines more so than I ever could in GT4.

The thing I like the most though is the cockpit view, its awesome, especially watching the handlebars juddering when the bike is at full tilt! The graphics are fantastic, and this game feels familiar, but new, fantastic stuff.

I can see some future incarnation of TT appearing in the same game as Gran Turismo. The games are too similar to be released separetely time after time, but if they do do them both together... Oh My! Imagine GT5 with bikes too! :drool:

Anyway, awesome game, its a must buy!

I love TT and have even had my girlfriend playing it :sly:

Made a great discovery earlier today. the MV Augusta F4 IS featured in the game, thank the lord.
A questionable area : the sounds the bikes make. Ducati 999R screaming like a wounded parrot :ouch:
From what I remember it sounded deep and mean through corners due to the Traction Control System limiting the revs.
All in all a great game though, with development it could be even better.

Jamie

I've stopped playing GT4 since TT arrived. I'm an old biker (I mean old, a 1953 model - so 53 is my race number) but I've got my own personal rider in a silver pudding basin helmet, blue jeans, blue jacket... none of this stick-the-leg-out round corners nonsense that the spotty kids love. My guy is Mr Tidy, Isle of Man '69 style. Very pretty to watch.

And I'm trying to win as many races as possible using nothing but my beloved two-strokes. Just romped in the 1000cc street races using a TZR250SPR, against Italian four-stroke slow-pokes like the Aprilia, the Ducati 999 and the MV Brutale, all of which must be eating too much pasta!

Love this game!

Ozmac
I've stopped playing GT4 since TT arrived. I'm an old biker (I mean old, a 1953 model - so 53 is my race number) but I've got my own personal rider in a silver pudding basin helmet, blue jeans, blue jacket... none of this stick-the-leg-out round corners nonsense that the spotty kids love. My guy is Mr Tidy, Isle of Man '69 style. Very pretty to watch.

And I'm trying to win as many races as possible using nothing but my beloved two-strokes. Just romped in the 1000cc street races using a TZR250SPR, against Italian four-stroke slow-pokes like the Aprilia, the Ducati 999 and the MV Brutale, all of which must be eating too much pasta!

Love this game!

TZ125 (notice the plate):sly:

(no, it was not clean)

Back