TTWRS Week 1: Speedin' In Spain

• Thread starter Iceman
  • 98 comments

Iceman

Staff Emeritus
United States
Wisconsin, USA
Welcome to the inaugural race on the TTWRS! This week we'll be running a quick and light racing modified bike from the 80's. It may be a bit less powerful than some of the higher displacement models but it's just as fun . Being the first week, I thought it fitting we use the one track exclusive to TT, that being Valencia. I think it's am amazing addition to the track line up and I hope you enjoy it just as much as I do!

Week 1 : Honda VFR400R RM '89 @ The Ricardo Tormo Circuit of Valencia

week12on.jpg

Game mode :
Arcade Mode / Time Trial / Valencia Curcuit

Bike specifications :
Honda VFR400R RM '89 : availaible in arcade mode from Day 1
  • +20% power (80 hp) ;
  • -10% weight (127 kg) ;
  • Controller Mode: Optional (Standard, Semi-Pro, Pro)
  • Gear Ratio (Top Speed): Optional
  • Tires: Racing Soft (Or Harder if desired)
  • Riding Form: Optional
  • Failure Conditions: Off
Race rules :
  • 1 wheel on track at all time ;
  • rumble strips and all colored areas of pavement/rumble strips are considered part of the track ;
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible ;
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty ;
  • no hybrids ;
  • no cheating of any kind ;
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules ;
  • save your replay ('save best lap' icon).
Thread rules :
The following info cannot be discussed in the thread (they can however be discussed on chats or by other means) :
  • lap time ;
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time.
Submission :
All submissions must be sent to me by PM (Iceman).
  • you can submit only once per race ;
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and time(s) ;
  • deadline is tuesday 4th July 5 P.M. GMT
Time verification :
Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted.
  • fastest times each week will be required to submit with verification ;
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request ;
  • when a time verification has been required, the concerned racer must provide a replay before next race deadline ;
  • failure to do so will result in the submitted time to be removed for the WRS results and/or GTPlanet Times Database ;
  • video replays are not accepted, .DAT replays via USB drive ARE accepted and are encouraged

First post... Very excited about this. Just have to nail down the qualifier! 👍

icemanshooter23
I think it's am amazing addition to the track line up

Ah, typo comp entry No 2:)

Valencia!

Nice choice as it's the unique track to TT!

But it has, without doubt, the hardest corner I have ever experienced in racing!
Because it is totally blind, and takes timing to get the braking point right for it.

Neil

Just to warn you I do not have a reply device to prove my times are good. So if I ever win I don't mind it not counting cuz I couldn't prove it, but I know I would never cheat cuz I don't have really anything to prove I'm just doin it cuz it's fun to compare your times with other gamers.

The good thing about TT is that all you need is a USB memory stick/MP3 player/ any kind of plugin-able usb memory to save a replay!

No Max-drives, no stupid 2nd gen software. Just some memory!

It's about £10 for 128Mb now, so it's not expensive.

Neil

Ballstothewall
The good thing about TT is that all you need is a USB memory stick/MP3 player/ any kind of plugin-able usb memory to save a replay!
Neil

Wow! that should make things super easy.... :)

Also, you can turn failure conditions on and not have to worry about ever being dirty, or even having one wheel off... That's the way I'd probably suggest doing it, but it appears that's not the case here. I don't really play TT, and don't know if I'll get more into it, but Pat's been playing it a bit. Since he doesn't do the WRS anymore, maybe he'll start racing TTWRS? We'll see, I'll let him know about it. 👍

KLR142
Also, you can turn failure conditions on and not have to worry about ever being dirty, or even having one wheel off... That's the way I'd probably suggest doing it, but it appears that's not the case here. I don't really play TT, and don't know if I'll get more into it, but Pat's been playing it a bit. Since he doesn't do the WRS anymore, maybe he'll start racing TTWRS? We'll see, I'll let him know about it. 👍

The problem with that is the failure conditions aren't as precise as we need for verification. In theory it would be a great idea, no worries about having to check cleanliness. However, if you noticed in the license tests, you can be off track with 2 wheels for about a second and still return to the track with no failure. This would fall under a disqualification by WRS rules.

iceman - the game considers anything that isnt grass, dirt or gravel legal. for instance, go to any challenge/test at suzuka and you can legally use the pavement outside of the 130r.

I don't think you quite understand what I mean. Like in the license tests, you can be in the grass with 2 wheels for just a moment and you wont fail. Now, if the failure conditions is the same for hotlaps, this lap could be saved. However, it would still be dirty under the WRS rules. And secondly, the replays of the top times each week would have to be checked each week anyways as there is no way to know if failure conditions was infact turned on without viewing the replay.

Really? I didn't know that. I haven't actually played other than some short stints in arcade mode. I've watched Pat play though... :)

Hey Balls,

Back to a previous post... How do you use a USB key to get the replay (without using MaxDrive or the disk)? I can't find an option in the game that let's me save directly the the USB drive...

You just go into the replay theater, select the desired replay as if you were going to watch it, but then on the right is an icon to copy it to a usb storage device.

Simple as that!

It is saved as a .DAT file.

Neil

Ballstothewall
You just go into the replay theater, select the desired replay as if you were going to watch it, but then on the right is an icon to copy it to a usb storage device.

Great! that's easy. I hope they make it that easy in GT5...

BTW, for anyone who wants it...........

Here is the track-map for Valencia!
valencia165x1683hg.gif

Hope it helps!

Got the lot, so I'll post one every week if wanted.

Neil

Some early splits:

T1: 49.388
T2: 1'15.231

I'm not sure how much is left, but I'm hoping for another .5 👍

i thought all talk of times were banned?

btw - that last corner has ruined many a lap for me. the rear end locks up way too easyly there

Split times, corner speed, lines etc can all be discussed. The only thing that cannot be discussed is the final lap time.

k ... then youre just under a second faster than me atm. i still need to try neterual body position though. lean body doesnt give me the confedence to flick it into the corner hard but has decent exit and with lean bike its flicks it quickly but i run wide at the exit delaying throttle appilcation. hopefully neuteral will be just right.

icemanshooter23
Some early splits:

T1: 49.388
T2: 1'15.231

I'm not sure how much is left, but I'm hoping for another .5 👍

Will there be a leaderboard like the WRS?

If someone wants to make it then it's totally fine with me. I don't have the time or knowledge to do a leaderboard each week on top of running the series.

Back