TTWRS Week 2: Mountain Climbing

• Thread starter Iceman
  • 91 comments

Iceman

Staff Emeritus
United States
Wisconsin, USA
Well, we made it to the second week. This week we'll be using a street bike with sreet tires on a more challenging orginal course. Make sure you really focus on keeping tight lines, swinging wide will lose a lot of time! Sorry for the lack of an in game picture, my USB drive wasn't working this morning. If anyone takes a pic, I wil gladly put it up in this space 👍

Week 2 : Suzuki GSX-R 600 '05 @ Trial Mountain

untitled4cu.png

Game mode :
Toursist Trophy Mode/ Practice (Hotlap) / Trial Mountain (Forward)

Bike specifications :
Suzuki GSX-R 600 '05: availaible as an unlock in challenge mode (very easy to win)
  • ALL settings may be adjusted
  • Tires: Street
  • Performance Exhaust: Driver's Option
  • Driving Mode: Driver's Option
  • Failure Conditions: Off

Race rules :
  • 1 wheel on track at all time ;
  • rumble strips and all colored areas of pavement/rumble strips are considered part of the track ;
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible ;
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty ;
  • no hybrids ;
  • no cheating of any kind ;
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules ;
  • save your replay ('save best lap' icon).
Thread rules :
The following info cannot be discussed in the thread (they can however be discussed on chats or by other means) :
  • lap time ;
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time.
Submission :
All submissions must be sent to me by PM (Iceman).
  • you can submit only once per race ;
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and time(s) ;
  • deadline is tuesday 11th July 5 P.M. GMT
Time verification :
Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted.
  • fastest times each week will be required to submit with verification ;
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request ;
  • when a time verification has been required, the concerned racer must provide a replay before next race deadline ;
  • failure to do so will result in the submitted time to be removed for the WRS results and/or GTPlanet Times Database ;
  • video replays are not accepted, .DAT replays via USB drive ARE accepted and are encouraged

It's been brought to my attention that a lot of time can be gained at the start of the lap by cutting the last chicane. I think this is agaisnt the spirit of the rules and I would like to outlaw it. However, it can't be proven if someone did go off track beforehand. In the spirit of racing, I'm asking all of you to NOT cut the chicane 👍

Good call Ben! 👍

As any WRS'er will no-doubt remember it has been frowned upon since the first time we raced there with GT4.

Consistancy is the key!

Oh and sorry for not submitting a time at Valencia, but was Uber-busy with meetings both yesterday and today. Only managed to get about 30 mins into it, and for some reason I haven't managed to get to grips with the track yet. (pun intended)

Neil

And I love the combo!

Nice bike, twisty, lumpy, rollercoastering (is that really a word? I don't know or care!) track.

On a bike this is very reminissant of a track in the UK called Oulton Park.

Tight, fast and very scary in places. (in RL anyway)

Neil

I must say I'm enjoying this combo a lot as well :lol:

Here's some early splits for you guys to chase:

T1: 19.731
T2: 43.647
T3: 1'14.138

The biggest tip I can give is to never let the bike get into 1st gear 👍

Yep! Great fun. :D

1'14.664

I'm losing a lot in T1. :crazy:

icemanshooter23
Game mode :
Toursist Trophy Mode/ Practice (Hotlap) / Trial Mountain (Forward)

My game mode is called:

Tourist Trophy mode/Time Trial/Original Courses/Trial mountain/Free Run

Maybe because I'm on PAL. :dopey:

What's the icon called when you view it in TT mode? Here its a timepiece with Practice written under it. I suspect its like you said, a difference between PAL and NTSC.

I got the same timepiece ( with a running time btw :cool:)

And underneath is written : Time Trial

[Joke]I think it's down to PD thinking that the 'round-eye's' are so stupid that they have to different terms to describe the same thing depending on where they come from!

Or, maybe they are just trying to confuse the rest of the world so they can take over...................:odd: [/Joke]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neil

Got a couple of nice action shots that might be good for the first post Ben. (although if you don't want to change it, it''s cool)

And/or

Obviously, they are not from a serious fast lap, but............look good!:)

Will have splits in a bit!

Neil

Yup!

But also got 3-4 teeth added to the rear cog too!

Gives a slightly higher Hp figure, and greater accell.

Neil

Nice combo Ben.

Will get straight on it after work, bath, food and car repairs tomorrow night. 👍 Actually, I'm sure I could skip some of that. :D

Your first post doesn't mention that we're allowed to discuss T-times, I assume that rule hasn't been changed?

Darren.

Thread rules :
The following info cannot be discussed in the thread (they can however be discussed on chats or by other means) :

* lap time ;
* any information which can be used to infer lap time.

;)

This is the perfect choice. It's like you read my mind. I love this bike, it's what I used for all the street challenges and this track is just straight up awsome.

Ok, having a blast!

T1 20.559
T2 44.962
T3 1'15.767

Had a MAJOR squirrely session going into the long left after the hill, must be the damper settings.

Off for a run around the ring, will get back to this tomoz

Neil

icemanshooter23
It's been brought to my attention that a lot of time can be gained at the start of the lap by cutting the last chicane. I think this is agaisnt the spirit of the rules and I would like to outlaw it. However, it can't be proven if someone did go off track beforehand. In the spirit of racing, I'm asking all of you to NOT cut the chicane 👍

Actually in all honesty Ben, and not to be rude but how about everyone but you and 750R can cut the chicane....bwa hahaha!! Then I *might* have a chance to beat ya for ONCE in my life...heheh....all kidding aside, I totally agree with the chicane rule, its definitely frowned upon in my book. And I'll try to use the correct bike for the WHOLE week here too :dunce:

Jerome

I've had a few blasts around the circuit and my fastest time at split 3 is around the 1'15 mark (if memory serves). Only problem I'm having is my head keeps clipping the walls in a few turns, if only I had a shorter body. :(

you could change your riders height :) press the start button while you're in your
garage and you can shrink him. unless you're on minimum height already :D

750F-RM
you could change your riders height :) press the start button while you're in your
garage and you can shrink him. unless you're on minimum height already :D

Do you know if it'll change the performance or handling, Paul? Or is it just a graphic thing?

Back