TTWRS Week 4: A Thousand Choices

• Thread starter Iceman
  • 53 comments

Iceman

Staff Emeritus
United States
Wisconsin, USA
Welcome to week 4 👍 This week you have a wide selection of great bikes to choose from. They all have great power and handling abilities so it'll be interesting what limits we can push.
Week 4 : 1000cc RMs @ El Capitan

img0008ou2.jpg

Game mode :
Toursist Trophy Mode/ Practice (Hotlap) / El Capitan (Forward)

Bike specifications :
Any 1000cc Class RM Bike
  • ALL settings may be adjusted
  • Tires: Any Racing tires
  • Performance Exhaust: Driver's Option
  • Driving Mode: Driver's Option
  • Failure Conditions: Off
Race rules :
  • 1 wheel on track at all time ;
  • rumble strips and all colored areas of pavement/rumble strips are considered part of the track ;
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible ;
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty ;
  • no hybrids ;
  • no cheating of any kind ;
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules ;
  • save your replay ('save best lap' icon).
Thread rules :
The following info cannot be discussed in the thread (they can however be discussed on chats or by other means) :
  • lap time ;
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time.
Submission :
All submissions must be sent to me by PM (Iceman).
  • you can submit only once per race ;
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and time(s) ;
  • deadline is tuesday 25th July 8 P.M. GMT
Time verification :
Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted.
  • fastest times each week will be required to submit with verification ;
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request ;
  • when a time verification has been required, the concerned racer must provide a replay before next race deadline ;
  • failure to do so will result in the submitted time to be removed for the WRS results and/or GTPlanet Times Database ;
  • video replays are not accepted, .DAT replays via USB drive ARE accepted and are encouraged

Bike List
Aprilia RSV1000R Factory Racing Modify
Ducati 999R FILA Racing Modify
Honda CBR1000RR Racing Modify
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Racing Modify
MV Agusta F4-1000s Racing Modify
Suzuki GSX-R 1000 Racing Modify
Yamaha YZF R-1 Racing Modify

Thanks to 750F-RM for the list 👍 Let me know if there are any other bikes you find to be eligible.

MV....Duke....MV....Duke?.?.R1....MV....Duke....M...

999R. Sounds better. :D

Don't think I've done this track on a bike yet. Should be interesting. :scared:

*Wanders off towards PS2 making rumbling vee-twin noises*

[Correction made, I have removed my minor criticism. . .]

This one I'm looking forward to. I haven't run this track on bikes much except to play with the jump near the tunnel, but I really really like the 1-liter bikes.

had a little outing on the GSXR100RM, because i had it selected already for another olr i'm in

best t2 time was 1:10.425

tricky track to set up for, and set up isn't really my strong point, but it felt ok-ish

looking forward to trying the other bikes, specially over the crest just after t1 :eek:

Ooooo!

Can anyone say 'Ninja':eek: More fun than it can shake it's head at!:cool:
Neil

Ballstothewall
Ooooo!

Can anyone say 'Ninja':eek: More fun than it can shake it's head at!:cool:
Neil

You wan't tankslappers, try the R1. :scared:

Tried a few bikes out. Ducati for me, loads of lazy power. :) 👍

Not time yet, (well I've set a clean time but forgot it :dunce: ), will post 'em up tomorrow.

Assuming I don't throw myself at that bloody tunnel again. :D

How's the sunburn Neil?? :embarrassed: :cool: :ouch: :mad:
:lol:

Not too bad, though peeling a bit.:yuck: Turning brown already too.

So happy enough.

Not ran this yet either, though a fairly quiet week will help.
Already got my JGTC quali time down to finding 1000ths a lap, so that's not gonna take up too much racing time. The WRS race is ok :indiff: so I mite put an hour or three into that. And the rest is for TT and Oblivion.

Will be trying them all, and I like the Duke anyway (all-time Fantasy bike) I sat on a 999r at the weekend, and the misses said I couldn't get one cos there was no pillion seat. I may have to get the 's'💡 and a solo conversion kit:tup:
Only £147 a month, for a very,very long time! Bargain!

Neil

mmm, nice, i might have to stick with my pledge to myself of riding any aprilia where i get the chance to, i love the Aprilia RoadGoing version and have barely used the racer, but should be fun :D oh and hello again! back after a week in the canaries :D hehe

D'oh!

Completely forgot that I had put off getting all of the RM 1000's cos I could get the hang of Valencia.

Spent 3/4 hour last night and got the lot, one after the other.

Could we run the first race again, Ben? Might actually not suck so bad this time! :) :)

Ran the 999R and the Ninja so far, off to try the CBR and GSX-R. Don't know if I will run the Aprillia, it seems to be the slowest of the bunch (overall). Maybe that's why no-one runs them in RL racing (WSB/BSB/AMA) any more.

Neil

Cool combo. Gives me the chance to try several bikes out... Question:

Can you actually run tracks in reverse in TT??

Come to think of it I don't think you can actually. If there is a way I haven't seen the option for it.

For me the Kawasaki is the fastest so far.

After 5 laps:
T1 : 0'33.154
T2 : 1'13.433

I'm planning to try out most of the bikes this week. I'll keep a running leaderboard for myself in this post if anyone is interested in seeing the differences between the bikes. From the bikes I've tested so far, the Yamaha is far superior to the Ducati on this track, except for one spot. The Ducati takes the hill turn coming out of the tunnel after T1 beautifully and it actually pulled ahead of my Yamaha ghost at that point. However, it just couldn't keep up on the rest of the track. The Honda is similar to the Yamaha, but makes it over the hill a bit better. It doesn't handle quite as good as the Yamaha but it has the potential to do some very fast laps. Maybe with some setting tweaks the Yamaha could do better over the hill, and I suspect it would be the best of all.

Ducati 999
T1: 30.817 (best 30.5)
T2: 1'08.895

Yamaha YZF-R1
T1: 30.238 -.579
T2: 1'08.429 -.466

Honda CBR
T1: 30.377
T2: 1'08.338

Ballstothewall
D'oh!

Completely forgot that I had put off getting all of the RM 1000's cos I could get the hang of Valencia.

Spent 3/4 hour last night and got the lot, one after the other.

Could we run the first race again, Ben? Might actually not suck so bad this time! :) :)

Ran the 999R and the Ninja so far, off to try the CBR and GSX-R. Don't know if I will run the Aprillia, it seems to be the slowest of the bunch (overall). Maybe that's why no-one runs them in RL racing (WSB/BSB/AMA) any more.

Neil

I think the reason for Aprilia not taking part in any racing anymore (was in MotoGP for a year as well) is because they are/were nearly bankrupt, or on their racing side at least.

The RSV-1000 was an awesome bike when Troy Corser rode it in WSB some years ago ... had huge potential.

Iceman : Can you try the Ninja next and let me know what settings you are using? I need something to work with... my splits will never be as low as yours without some insight. Any hints on keeping the bike sucked to the tarmack? All the elevation changes make me slow.

hi all :) got my t2 down to 1:09.449 on the CBR last night. i think i'll give the Duke a try tonight :cool:

cbr-rmelcap.jpg

heading into the tunnel here, gotta get pretty close to the wall :eek:

Hi, is there any chance i can post , my result next friday? im in monte carlo at the moment and not back till friday , morning. sorry for the inconvienience (sp)

Are you talking about the 21st or the 28th? If it's the 28th you can still post but it wont be in the official results. If it's the 21st then it will be in the official results.

1:09.224 @t2 on the 999RM, 2/10th's better than on the CBR

better last sector though, total gain on the lap was about 0.9

Well, it appears I have to lay out for a while. I'd already had to drop to Standard on the controller because carpal tunnel is making my fingers do weird things, and now I'm actually being shocked in my arm when I move my wrists just the wrong way! The controllers have to stay in the box for a couple weeks, at least, maybe longer.

*Enters lurk mode, stretch bandages on wrists*

wfooshee
Well, it appears I have to lay out for a while. I'd already had to drop to Standard on the controller because carpal tunnel is making my fingers do weird things, and now I'm actually being shocked in my arm when I move my wrists just the wrong way! The controllers have to stay in the box for a couple weeks, at least, maybe longer.

*Enters lurk mode, stretch bandages on wrists*

hope u get well soon.

i've only done a 30 minute stint on this track so far. It's not a track I'm familiar with so I'll probably be posting a very average time this round. sigh....

IŒman
Ducati 999
T1: 30.817 (best 30.5)
T2: 1'08.895

Yamaha YZF-R1
T1: 30.238 -.579
T2: 1'08.429 -.466

Honda CBR
T1: 30.377
T2: 1'08.338

Holy crap! what are you smoking??? My best T1 time is only 32.9xx and I could only manage that once after trying for half an hour. I won't even bore you with my T2 time. hahaha.

Latest Posts

Back