• 39 comments

Iceman

Staff Emeritus
United States
Wisconsin, USA
Week 5 : Buell Firebolt XB12R RM @ Laguna Seca

resultsxj9.jpg

Game mode :
Toursist Trophy Mode/ Practice (Hotlap) / Laguna Seca (Forward)

Bike specifications :
Buell Firebolt XB12R 'RM
  • ALL settings may be adjusted
  • Tires: Any Racing Tires
  • Performance Exhaust: Driver's Option
  • Driving Mode: Driver's Option
  • Failure Conditions: Off
Race rules :
  • 1 wheel on track at all time ;
  • rumble strips and all colored areas of pavement/rumble strips are considered part of the track ;
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible ;
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty ;
  • no hybrids ;
  • no cheating of any kind ;
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules ;
  • save your replay ('save best lap' icon).
Thread rules :
The following info cannot be discussed in the thread (they can however be discussed on chats or by other means) :
  • lap time ;
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time.
Submission :
All submissions must be sent to me by PM (Iceman).
  • you can submit only once per race ;
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and time(s) ;
  • deadline is tuesday 3rd August 8 P.M. GMT
Time verification :
Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted.
  • fastest times each week will be required to submit with verification ;
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request ;
  • when a time verification has been required, the concerned racer must provide a replay before next race deadline ;
  • failure to do so will result in the submitted time to be removed for the WRS results and/or GTPlanet Times Database ;
  • video replays are not accepted, .DAT replays via USB drive ARE accepted and are encouraged

Was watching MotoGP at the weekend, hopefully my brain was making subliminal notes of the lines being taken? ;)

Hey BEN!

Some guy in a crim top has just knicked your bike mate!

Anyone get a good look at 'im?:odd:

Could you spot 'im in a crowd? Or a lineup?:odd:

Did he have curly hair?;)

Neil

Very early Splits:

T1: 0'23.128
T2: 0'44.445
T3: 1'06.548

Man just flicking the bike through the corkscrew is worth the price of admission of this game!

1:05.348 @t3 now, and t3 to finish went better too

lovely ride, this bike. not too fast, and quite light

looks good, sounds good. i like it :D

Meh I know this is a few days late so Im just doing this to Practice, you can accept if you like(My qualify time hasnt even been accepted yet).

On my Second lap. Then I saw that it was well overdue... heh oh well.
T1- 22.856
T2- 44.659
T3- 1`06.740

StrokerAce
Meh I know this is a few days late so Im just doing this to Practice, you can accept if you like(My qualify time hasnt even been accepted yet).

On my Second lap. Then I saw that it was well overdue... heh oh well.
T1- 22.856
T2- 44.659
T3- 1`06.740

Providing you have put in a clean quali lap you should be ok with submitting a time for this race, at the worst your division will be unlisted due to not being put into a division yet, but if i remember new people seem to be assigned to divisions around friday night time?

I believe the deadline is 1st August the weekly series post still has last weeks deadline date so your Ok Strokerace 👍

My best T3 is a mid 1:05 i'll update later - i'm on your heels 750F :)

I find Valencia and Motegi a lot easier than Laguna just can't seem to nail down the turn in points :rolleyes:

Have finally got down to giving this combo a go, and I am sad :(

When will the American manufacturer's learn that they produce quite beautiful cars and bikes that go fantastic in straight lines,
but try to rip your head off as soon as a corner comes along?

They are all too soggy, to comfortable, and over-powered for the suspension technology that they use. I mean, solid rear axels and leaf springs went out with the horse-drawn cart didn't they?

Anyway I digress......

The track's, the track! Great and challenging as always.

But the bike's an abomination.

It goes well enough....
But it won't brake, and won't go round corners unless 30mph is on the speedo.

It might as well be a Harley!

But that being said, I will give this some more time. That is if I can stop it throwing me off as soon as I try to tip-in whilst braking.

Maybe I'll try pro-mode, and use less front brake. Don't know yet!

Neil

I'm with you on all of the above Neil.

If I can stop the thing spitting me off on the exit of that damn corkscrew I might be able to get a decent lap in. I also need to remember to brake two days before I get to each corner. :)

Seen a low 1'06.xxx at T3 but ran wide in the last turn, I think thats been my best so far. :grumpy:

Back tomorrow morning with proper times.

Shame the tuning options aren't as extensive as the GT series? This bike could use some goodridge hoses. :sly:

thats funny about your complaints...ihave no problems with this at all. its turns wonderful, though it pushes ever so slightly if you are too hard on the throttle. the power is decent, especially for a harley motor. as for it being soggy...increase your spring rate. mine also brakes pretty well, though not as good as some of the better bikes in the game.

OH CRAP! I have been racing in Arcade mode the whole time. Woooops. I didnt have the extra ummph of the performance exhaust hah. Time to go slap that on.

Ooops no exhaust upgrade on an RM bike oh well at least I will be racing in the correct area now.

Man alive. I cant seem to get a clean run down with this bike. I can find 2seconds total off my time, but I screw up everywhere, I dont know what it is, the bike the track, ME? I can only seem to trim off .1-.3 a lap.... Oi and they are all dirty.... I just want that ONE great lap..

TimBrad
Does anyone happen to have any nice settings to share for this? :D
i'm using (front/rear)...

spring rate 4/6
preload 4/6
rebound 6/6
bound 3/3

brakes 3/6

soft/soft tyres

gearbox set with gt tranny trick, then top speed set with final drive to 155mph

my latest t3 time is 1:05.257. i've had a 1:04.9xx, but blew the lap on the last turn :banghead:

gtp-tt-5.jpg

750F-RM
i'm using (front/rear)...

spring rate 4/6
preload 4/6
rebound 6/6
bound 3/3

brakes 3/6

soft/soft tyres

gearbox set with gt tranny trick, then top speed set with final drive to 155mph

my latest t3 time is 1:05.257. i've had a 1:04.9xx, but blew the lap on the last turn :banghead:

gtp-tt-5.jpg

Whats the tranny trick ive never used it.?

hi :) the gt tranny trick...

set the final drive all the way to the right. then wind the auto set all the way to the right, then back to far left

this gives the closest ratio gearbox possible on auto set. then use the final to set top speed to suit the track

you can fiddle with individual ratios after that, but i rarely bother

hope that's of help to you :)

Thank you for those gears cant wait to try them out, and also the explaination on the Tranny trick.

The handling is much better now, But I still cant shake my bad luck. Im quicker now though. :)

Hooooray, I got an "it'll do" lap.

22.4xx
xxxx
1`06.009

Ill submit this one later I suppose.

Thanks for the gears :)

Hi guys, sorry about the delays and errors, I was away from home for a few days. Some good t-times floating around 👍

Aaarrrggh!!!

I've been doing it in arcade mode too. RTFM!

Now I can play with the settings in TT mode I've been finding it a bit easier (not much), to stay on the bike. :) Hero blobs are now just lines in the tarmac at the bottom of the Corkscrew and down Raineys.

Fastest T3 so far is a 1'06.008. (:P @ StrokerAce. ;) )

May not get much more running in on this before submission time, I hope I do because there's some good times out there and I'm sure StrokerAce doesn't want to be beaten by .001. :D

Latest Posts

Back