Turbocharging an N/A motor

• Thread starter rxero
  • 10 comments
Turbocharging a naturally aspirated car. I noticed that int he Mk program description it says you can make a turbo viper. I haven't treid many turbo NA motors but the one I made had a ton of problems when revving. at low RPMs it had horrible problems revving up. but when it got to the high RPMs the power was there. like 7 seconds to rev it seemed. Do certain Turbo's or N/A engines accept turbochargers better than others? Does using upgrade from a supercharged motor act any different? Thanks!

the engine i normaly use is the p001 i think.i basicly force it to use both NA and Turbo/Super chargers. i never had a problem running my ts020 that is set up that way.

Most of the NA engines will not accept a turbo easily, without the massive turbo lag problems. There are a few though that will. Off the top of my head I know that the Esperante is a good one. If you wish to put a turbo onto one of the NA engines that is causing you trouble, go for a smaller turbo, stage 1 or 2) and usually removing the ECU upgrade chip helps. As to the Supercharger upgrade, I have never had a problem installing a Supercharger on a NA tune engine.

Actually, I've found the key to turbocharging naturally-aspirated engines is to not use any NA Tune, but the turbo instead. I've found that the Stage 4 GT-One Race Car turbo is pretty much a fail-safe turbo when it comes to this issue. It has no turbo-lag on any of the NA engines I've used (from the Integra's B18C5, to the C32 of the NSX). So that's basically what I've found. The R390 GT1 Road Car Stage 4 turbo works on some, but it has more lag problems than to be desired, so I usually end up using the GT-One Stage 4, just my experience though.

Not very well, because of its high power, it's only good for small engines, but I don't use it because, well, it's from that car, and it's only a stage 3, even though it's the most powerful. Besides I usually just use a power multiplier and make most cars 1000 hp anyway so the turbo I use doesn't really matter, but I've found the stage 4 GT-One race car turbo to be the best of the high-end turbos.

well when the speeds drop from bad ports, its not my fault. They should make carberators and option... but then again get put in a weird posistion its about useless.

Back