Turn 10 Confirms Microtransaction Plans for Forza 7

317.gif

I have an issue with the VIP bonus being limited, that definitely sucks ass.

I've never understood why people get so upset about tokens/micro transactions in a race game though. You don't have to buy them, they aren't making someone else faster than you, I don't know why it bothers people. Put a little time in racing, and you'll get the credits to buy whatever you want.

Edit: if someone wants to spend their hard earned money on a gamble with a crate, who cares?

I've never understood why people get so upset about tokens/micro transactions in a race game though. You don't have to buy them, they aren't making someone else faster than you, I don't know why it bothers people. Put a little time in racing, and you'll get the credits to buy whatever you want.

Edit: if someone wants to spend their hard earned money on a gamble with a crate, who cares?
true but this shows T10 wants only your $$ & thats not good for thair public image

They did this exact same thing with Forza 6. It’s only more in the limelight now because other publishers give micro transactions a bad name. They won’t be essential and they won’t spoil anyone’s game who won’t use them. It’s the least surprising news of the day given that every forza has had them.

true but this shows T10 wants only your $$ & thats not good for thair public image

Wait a business that wants to make money? How dare they.

fm7 is not good for thair public image... the developers have promised to improve steering wheel fb, and nothing has happened. the game is a miserable pc port. Driving physics is too bad like Forza Motorsport 6. Graphics is not really good. Dubai looks good but nordschleife? looks just alike for me, like Forza motorsport 6.

Turn 10 make Forza Recycling program for full money. and now micro trans. 👎

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then can this accurate GIF be worth 50 Tokens?

Agreed, PH. I'm glad I already bought the game. :ouch:

Were they ever planning on breaking that news to us before the early launch?

Last edited by a moderator:
The economy in Forza is a big joke anyway, after you do a few races and you'll be rolling in cash, is not like these microtranscations affect anyone anyway.
I personally think their whole DLC scheme is far more cancerous than any of this, and yet none of that outrages anyone.

I've never understood why people get so upset about tokens/micro transactions in a race game though. You don't have to buy them, they aren't making someone else faster than you,

Im not sure if you read the part about the cars being "exclusive". But their specs are privileged info. So we don't know how they perform against other cars.

I'm really surprised with them, considering their competition. When shareholder GREED dictates the games core features. The gamers suffer. It's not like we can make our own games.

are you kidding me?

For all of those saying "the microtransactions are optional"
Just wait until it isn't anymore. Knowing Microsoft, they'll do that eventually in order to "push" the customers that aren't buying them.

Where can I get a refund? Just for once, may my hopes not be shot down every Motorsport release? Thanks.

These micro transactions are MUCH bigger than in previous Forza games for the simple reason that credits are MUCH harder to come by now.

1) Limited VIP credit bonus.
2) No more equipping mods on endurance races.
3) No more credits bonus from turning off assists.

I actually like the tougher economy system and I think it will stimulate the use of the AH more. But Turn 10's gameplan is quite obvious.

For all of those saying "the microtransactions are optional"
Just wait until it isn't anymore. Knowing Microsoft, they'll do that eventually in order to "push" the customers that aren't buying them
They haven't done that in about, I dunno, 4-5 games, so I'm not so sure they will. You're grasping at straws here and making up hypothetical situations to try to validate your point.

Looks like this was a good time to jump off Forza. I’m selling my Xbix, but I was considering maybe getting this, seeing that my laptop can run the demo, but nah, I’m gone until they significantly change the way they go about their business.

I suppose I should share my thoughts on all of this, separate from the article:

I'm not against tokens in games. I know a lot of people are, but it's never bothered me if they're implemented properly. They're in FM6, and while I disabled them, I never once was tempted: credits were silly easy to get in that game.

The token implementation in FM7 is obviously not detailed yet. We don't know what we'll be able to use them for. IIRC, tokens couldn't be used to buy wheelspins in FH3 — only straight-up cars.

If tokens are only shown in the buy car screen, alongside credits, then I'm nonplussed. It's the crates that concern me, and how they never outright guarantee anything.

There are over 100 "exclusive content" cars. These are essentially unicorns. If they can only be won by Forzathon, Specialty Dealer, and Prize Crates, a good chunk of the game's content is down to chance (or T10's whims). If the crates promised one of these exclusive cars, I wouldn't have an issue. I'd also like to know if you can get duplicates of unicorn cars via crates (I assume not, judging by the purchase limit on Specialty Dealer cars).

My main issue is that it just feels a little too close to gambling (if tokens are indeed added for crates). That doesn't sit well with me for a game that undoubtedly has a lot of younger players. We'll see how it pans out — as I mentioned in the article, T10 did change things in FM5 based on customer feedback, so hopefully that can work again. This has been poorly received almost universally.

I might have zero interest in buying this iteration any time soon, but seeing the physics labelled as bad like 6 is something I can’t sit by and not pick up on. Compared to some raggedy a** nonsense like AC with the Xbox pad which can see you steer an F1 car with success but fail to oversteer in a Mustang is not the kind of experience you get with Forza.

I'm not overly concerned by tokens. It's pretty commonplace for games now and as long as it doesn't become overbearing I won't have an issue with it in FM7.

Not sure how many of you have had the displeasure of playing NBA 2k18, but that's a game that does microtransactions at about the worst possible level you can.

Back