Turn 10 Confirms No New Forza Motorsport in 2019

Good decision and am happy Spencer gave them the time to think about their strategy going forward.

T10 games had it flaws, but considering they never ever missed an release date in their two year cycle in so many years, their results are nothing short of amazing. Can't wait what the team will be able to and come up with in the future.

Hope to see some interesting updates come to FM7 in the meantime. I am not super excited for the LEGO expansion outside of being able to play it with my son.

Good! I'm glad they are taking their time. Nothing good comes out from rushing on a yearly release. And maybe they will release on Steam now that Microsoft is going multi-platform? Hopefully.

I'm hoping they really use the extra year to make the game as good as it should be. Full race weekends with custom grids as well as championships would be killer along with a well rounded car list.

I also have to wonder if FM8 will perhaps be the only Motorsport title released next generation. With them pushing Game Pass, it doesn't make much sense to make a completely new title every other year when they don't seem to be going after retail sales. They could instead provide a steady flow of cars, tracks and smaller patches than release a large update in place of a new iteration.

Obviously if that does indeed happen, it could be either horrible (microtransaction filled "free to play" games) or great (Something like what SMS does with their truck sims).

Now that MS owns a good amount of studios, the pressure on T10 is a little less, they really need to take the time to rebuild the engine, the physics, the content and the overall approach. If it's still in concept phase now, I don't expect them to release a game in 2020, they need to take good 4-5 years to bring something entirely new.

Good to know. I would like too see what they bring to the table. But i think i will go with ps5 this time over Xbox. Bexouse i want to play gran turismo

Well done market is oversaturatwd with games at the moment. Its good to take some time off to create craving in people so that when next one comes out people will be jumping on it day one! Dont rush anything please people will wait for good content.

Good, the FM series has been going down the crapper ever since it came to xbox one. Take some extra time and do it right, the new consoles are coming out soon anyway.

Definitely need to take all the time in the world needed to get it right as multiplayer just plains sucks on FM7. The race regulations were a tiny step forward but still 95% of the races I've tried end up with me getting slammed in corners by someone for no real reason other than they are too lazy to try and drive sanely. I've largely abandoned FM because of this and went on to ACC, iracing, etc... GT Sport looks like it's got a lot of what FM needs so hopefully they look to that as a model for multiplayer.

Definitely need to take all the time in the world needed to get it right as multiplayer just plains sucks on FM7. The race regulations were a tiny step forward but still 95% of the races I've tried end up with me getting slammed in corners by someone for no real reason other than they are too lazy to try and drive sanely. I've largely abandoned FM because of this and went on to ACC, iracing, etc... GT Sport looks like it's got a lot of what FM needs so hopefully they look to that as a model for multiplayer.
Yep. The reason is because there are no consequences with their current race regulations system outside of the race itself. The tools that ram everyone don’t care about finishing last in races. What they need is a sportsmanship rating system like GT Sport. Speaking of GT Sport, you are correct, if they simply modeled their online after GT Sport it would solve most of the problems. Start there then find ways to improve upon what Polyphony have accomplished and they will have one special racing game.

Yep. The reason is because there are no consequences with their current race regulations system outside of the race itself. The tools that ram everyone don’t care about finishing last in races. What they need is a sportsmanship rating system like GT Sport. Speaking of GT Sport, you are correct, if they simply modeled their online after GT Sport it would solve most of the problems. Start there then find ways to improve upon what Polyphony have accomplished and they will have one special racing game.
If anything, they're slowly leading in that direction. With the recent changes to FM7 so late in the game, I'd imagine(hope?) that they'll put the brunt of major changes in the next iteration while slowly building it up on the current game.

Are they saving it for a launch title on the new XBox
It's not gonna make the launch for nextgen xbox, in the recent stream Dan G. was talking about how they're still in concept phase and have no set deadline of any sort compared to previous projects. So don't expect it, Halo Infinite will be the big launch title this time.

It's not gonna make the launch for nextgen xbox, in the recent stream Dan G. was talking about how they're still in concept phase and have no set deadline of any sort compared to previous projects. So don't expect it, Halo Infinite will be the big launch title this time.
That’s not enlightening to hear. Wonder what they’ve been doing since FM7; surely the whole team has not been behind these small updates.

That’s not enlightening to hear. Wonder what they’ve been doing since FM7; surely the whole team has not been behind these small updates.
Keep in mind that a game like forza requires a lot aof assets modeling / scanning and that takes a lot of time !

To me I honestly dont understand why they are even making the "next title" such a big deal. They have seen our gripes over the last few games and I'm sure they have heard and seen tons of feedback it's not rocket science T10. Just make a solid MOTORSPORT game, I mean using your competitors as a benchmark such as all the great things in PC2 and GT sports online play plus some elements from say AC and raceroom and then stick with some of the things that's made forza so great or what used to be...and be done. All this concept phase, lack of being clear with communication based on what they are doing, the years of ignoring and adding some way left field content and lack of other highly requested DLC content, and all the oversights being either introduced or bugs making there way in screwing up some elements within the game and just the overall back peddling of a solid motorsport game is not getting the job done. Listen to us, stop making it a big deal and finally make a solid forza motorsport with the huge team of brains at T10 studios. 300+ people and this series is still far from being a good racing game.

To me I honestly dont understand why they are even making the "next title" such a big deal. They have seen our gripes over the last few games and I'm sure they have heard and seen tons of feedback it's not rocket science T10. Just make a solid MOTORSPORT game, I mean using your competitors as a benchmark such as all the great things in PC2 and GT sports online play plus some elements from say AC and raceroom and then stick with some of the things that's made forza so great or what used to be...and be done.
Umm.. Isn't that basically what they are doing? That's why they're taking the extra time, and escaping the rush deadlines that they've always been stuck to. They're taking the time to be able to achieve these things.

All this concept phase, lack of being clear with communication based on what they are doing, the years of ignoring and adding some way left field content and lack of other highly requested DLC content, and all the oversights being either introduced or bugs making there way in screwing up some elements within the game and just the overall back peddling of a solid motorsport game is not getting the job done.
What exactly are they supposed to be clear about when the game is not even coming out this year? They've been clear with whats happening - That they're developing the next Forza on a longer lead time this time around, to better produce a quality product with out the rush/crunch of a strict deadline like they used to have in the past.

Lack of highly requested DLC? I don't really understand. Are they just supposed to throw in everything and anything players request? That's an extremely unreasonable thing to say, really. Most of this highly requested DLC is usually just the highest-tier super car greatly resembling something already in game. I'd prefer they actually don't listen to the playerbase and actually put in things that they think are interesting, because going off what I've seen, that would be a mess if they listened.

Yeah, you're right, it might not be getting the job done. That's why they're putting more time and care into this time. That should really go with out saying to be honest.

Listen to us, stop making it a big deal and finally make a solid forza motorsport with the huge team of brains at T10 studios. 300+ people and this series is still far from being a good racing game.
No, please, don't listen to us. This is the most indecisive community ever and it would only make things worse if they went around and took everything that was thrown at them. Stop making it a big deal? That sounds like a major contradiction from what you said in this whole post, and what you ended it with. It should be made a big deal, fix existing issues, get more content, have more features, and have a generally better all around game. Also, I don't think T10 has 300+ staff. Maybe with outsourcing, but still, that's not the same thing. Not only that, the majority of those are workers getting done what they're told, not the ones making the decisions, but that's not really here nor there.

It may not be the best racing game, but it's far from a bad one.

In all, I feel this might have been a bit of an overreaction.

When Lego cars come to Forza, I believe they are in desperate need of a break. Hope they come up with something, anything other than some fantasy stuff no one asked for.

When Lego cars come to Forza, I believe they are in desperate need of a break. Hope they come up with something, anything other than some fantasy stuff no one asked for.
I’m sure no one asked for plenty of things we got, good or bad. How does asking change anything, other than to point out what you as an individual want?

This year e3 was really bad for me. The worst one in years. There is no game that i am intresting in.

Considering it's a lame duck year (probably why Sony passed), I think they did alright. Next year will hopefully be a different story as Microsoft and Sony try drumming up interest for their new consoles.

As long as they keep the Motorsport side based in reality, they can add whatever they want to Horizon as far as I'm concerned.

I'd imagine the asset team continued to scan tracks, materials and cars. Meanwhile the engine team developed the ForzaTech engine further.

Obviously you don't let developers sit around, but there is enough for most teams to do imo without knowing what FM8 will be.

Pretty sad to me the spin off series gets two expansions and the main game doesn't even get a new track.
Forza 7 hasn't sold anywhere near as much as Horizon, if anything Horizon is now the main series, and Motorsport is second place. I think this exact fact lit up the fire under Turn10's asses and made them rethink their approach for the next project.

Forza 7 hasn't sold anywhere near as much as Horizon, if anything Horizon is now the main series, and Motorsport is second place. I think this exact fact lit up the fire under Turn10's asses and made them rethink their approach for the next project.

Yeah that was my worry moving forward. I know plenty people like both, but for me it's troubling that they're always gonna try and appease/appeal to the Horizon fans with every Motorsport game now.

Yeah that was my worry moving forward. I know plenty people like both, but for me it's troubling that they're always gonna try and appease/appeal to the Horizon fans with every Motorsport game now.
I mean racing sims are pretty niche in general, and we're long past the days when a new sim racer could be exciting or groundbreaking, for the last 10 years or so I'd say they've become very iterative and conservative, yeah you get better trees around the track and slightly more round headlights, but honestly most people don't give a crap about that, you're still essentially driving in circles on the same tracks in the same cars. While other genres are pushing cinematic narratives, player choices, systemic gameplay, whole new worlds to explore and new characters to meet in every game, driving a miata around laguna seca today is barely any different to how you did it back on PS2, just prettier. It's not enough anymore and it's not exciting in the slightest.

Back