Turn 10 Reveals New Details on Forza Motorsport 8

I expect an early 2021 release, like the leaks. The leak which reported that the gane will be a reboot (it is indeed) also mentioned a february 2021 date. We'll have to eait and see. They have to reveal info in forza monthly livestreams.

That’s just a placeholder because it’s still “early in development”. Eventually they’ll put the “8” later on.

Definitely hoping this ships with over 900 to 1,000+ cars, and up to 40+ tracks.

I could imagine them leaving the numbers behind if they would approach it as a service, we'll see I guess. Otherwise I'm with you in terms of cars and tracks!!

Disappointing trailer, it didn’t really tell me anything other than the game is early development and as a result won’t be out for a while. Disappointed we didn’t get any gameplay,

I get it’s early development so that might not have been possible/wise, but then why not give us some information about it afterwards.

Very underwhelmed by that reveal.

I expect an early 2021 release, like the leaks. The leak which reported that the gane will be a reboot (it is indeed) also mentioned a february 2021 date. We'll have to eait and see. They have to reveal info in forza monthly livestreams.
Yeah, I'll play it safe and say the game will launch on February of 2021 (long wait, but hopefully worth the wait :P).

Also agreed that we should hear more about the game in Forza Monthly streams. 👍

Yeah, I'll play it safe and say the game will launch on February of 2021 (long wait, but hopefully worth the wait :P).

Also agreed that we should hear more about the game in Forza Monthly streams. 👍
If the rumor from that closing screen holds true with no mention of standard XB1 systems, I'd rather hold out for Holiday 2021 or early 2022. Especially if Series X platform exclusives won't be appearing for at least a year after the console launch.
https://www.gtplanet.net/xbox-series-x-wont-get-exclusive-first-party-titles-for-at-least-a-year/

They are redoing game from scratch. I think it is a right approach to be honest. Even if we have to wait until 2022.
Would that mean it'll lack content like FM5? Also 2022? You expect a Forza to release as late as GT7?

Disappointing trailer, it didn’t really tell me anything other than the game is early development and as a result won’t be out for a while. Disappointed we didn’t get any gameplay,

I get it’s early development so that might not have been possible/wise, but then why not give us some information about it afterwards.

Very underwhelmed by that reveal.
Compared to GT7 trailer? (which have gotten some trash talk by comparing it to Forza lately).

Would that mean it'll lack content like FM5? Also 2022? You expect a Forza to release as late as GT7?

Compared to GT7 trailer? (which have gotten some trash talk by comparing it to Forza lately).

I'd rather take less content if it means the sim elements can be tightened up.

Yes very much so, and I dont dislike Forza, but that trailer told us nothing we didn't already know except early development.

The GT7 trailer showed us gameplay, confirmed traditional tuning is back and that it will be more of a tradition GT campaign compared to GT Sport. So it absolutely underwhelmed compared to the GT7 reveal.

Early development? How?

What have they been doing for the last 3 years?

Developing a game? I mean, games can take 4-5 years if they so need. Theres nothing to suggest it hasn't been in development for that long and has a long way to go. We know it'll be at least 18 months out from the launch of the XSX. Everyone exlecting it to be a launch title has created their own disappointment.

Not to mention we don't know when this trailer was made. Its early development sure but 6 months is a long time in game development, if this trailer was initially meant to be an impact trailer for the E3 Xbox show, it may have been made or put together back in March or April.

The GT7 trailer showed us gameplay, confirmed traditional tuning is back and that it will be more of a tradition GT campaign compared to GT Sport. So it absolutely underwhelmed compared to the GT7 reveal.

The GT7 trailer needed to show that all those things are back after the radical departure of GT Sport.

T10 has a lot less pressure than PDI to show their cards early on.

Yes very much so, and I dont dislike Forza, but that trailer told us nothing we didn't already know except early development.

I dunno, those "Hey there, welcome to the tuning shop, I'm Rupert" menu icons in the GT7 sure underwhelmed me!

And a one make race with different in game liveries looks new to the Forza series, unless I'm missing something?

They are redoing game from scratch. I think it is a right approach to be honest. Even if we have to wait until 2022.
Same. Esp. if that means the bugs & car models that have remained throughout multiple titles get fixed under a whole new engine.

I dunno, those "Hey there, welcome to the tuning shop, I'm Rupert" menu icons in the GT7 sure underwhelmed me!

And a one make race with different in game liveries looks new to the Forza series, unless I'm missing something?

Interesting to see how that'll be handled -- I've wanted that kind of option for a while now, so I can have races against AI that aren't (a) multiple copies of the same default livery and/or (b) hastily slapped-together usermade Monster Energy / Batman / wood-texture paint jobs. I remember back in FM4 days how people complained about a padded car count because there were multiple versions of the same Ferrari F430 GTs and 911 GT3-RSRs with different racing team liveries, so this could be a solution to that.

It makes the game like a mobile game, a very cheap game, instead of a premium experience like the old GTs...

Developing a game? I mean, games can take 4-5 years if they so need. Theres nothing to suggest it hasn't been in development for that long and has a long way to go. We know it'll be at least 18 months out from the launch of the XSX. Everyone exlecting it to be a launch title has created their own disappointment.

Not to mention we don't know when this trailer was made. Its early development sure but 6 months is a long time in game development, if this trailer was initially meant to be an impact trailer for the E3 Xbox show, it may have been made or put together back in March or April.
Forza isn't notorious for long releases.

The GT7 trailer needed to show that all those things are back after the radical departure of GT Sport.

T10 has a lot less pressure than PDI to show their cards early on.
Yeah, Forza always delivers, they rarely fail. Turn 10 can always be trusted and relied on.

How about their previous case of dumbing down the content then? Like FM5.

I don't care nearly as much as I used to about the amount of content. The series has more pressing issues needing to be rectified.

I like the idea of all cars being available from the start being a car collector. Maybe drive a specific class enough times to unlock the next class for racing. My main peeve in previous games was the unicorn cars.

I am not sure how many cars are in GTS but they are adding to the number every month.
Unfortunately the service to GTS has been terrible, and FM7 and FH4's service has been significantly better. And, in any case the number of cars in GTS makes it unpleasant as you end up using the same cars over and over and over again.

Back