Tuscan

• Thread starter lefrog
  • 17 comments
Hey dude :eek: you should just asked Mike "Tuscan for President" Rotch. It really depend how you want the car set up and what problems you are experiencing at the moment....

Well...I want the car to be lightly oversteery and I would like it without the race mod but fully tuned...is that possible?

I know it can be done with the race mod but I prefer this car in the original purple color.

well, the race mod makes a big diff. i also tried to make it quick without a mod, and it didnt work out. anyways, try this:

springs: 9/9.5
ride h: 98/98
bound + rebound: F-5 R-7
Brakes: 19/19
Stab: 7/7

LSD: cant remember the settings offhand, but soften the accel and decel by 8-12 and initial by 3-4.

TSCC: 8
Soft front, medium rear

Of course, this is for a 487hp, 945 kg tusc. It will change depending on how many horses you have and taking the heavier weight into account. Also you didnt say where in the corner you want the oversteer.....

This set up suits my driving style, so it may need tweaking to suit yours. Its gonna be a wild ride sans a mod :D

I like my cars to enter in the curve with some grip and then get a progressive oversteer....but at the moment I can't get it to behave!!!

I've seen top gear this week end and they were testing the TVR 350, they just said it was the best TVR ever (handling...). I wish I could say that about the Tuscan!:irked:

Originally posted by lefrog
I like my cars to enter in the curve with some grip and then get a progressive oversteer....but at the moment I can't get it to behave!!!

I've seen top gear this week end and they were testing the TVR 350, they just said it was the best TVR ever (handling...). I wish I could say that about the Tuscan!:irked:

grip then progressive oversteer? In a tuscan? :lol:

Unless you are talking a hairpin bend or something, i reckon thats pie in da sky ;)

My 2 cents.
Spring 16.4 14.8
RideH 100 100
Bound 7 4
Rebound 7 4
Camber 2.0 1.4
Toe -0.10 0.5 (is a bit twitchy on RRV though)
Stabs 5 5
Brakes 18 18
Gears Auto set 13
Aero 0.44 0.72
Lsd Initial 16
Lsd Accel 23
Lsd Decel 12

I suppose the car could be a little lower, but I tend to ride the curbs pretty hard. Also the stabilisers were softer on the rear, but I can't remember why.
That's a tuscan in full trim with racing modification 560bhp. Also I tend to use medium tyres.

Originally posted by Race Idiot
My 2 cents.
Spring 16.4 14.8
RideH 100 100
Bound 7 4
Rebound 7 4
Camber 2.0 1.4
Toe -0.10 0.5 (is a bit twitchy on RRV though)
Stabs 5 5
Brakes 18 18
Gears Auto set 13
Aero 0.44 0.72
Lsd Initial 16
Lsd Accel 23
Lsd Decel 12

I suppose the car could be a little lower, but I tend to ride the curbs pretty hard. Also the stabilisers were softer on the rear, but I can't remember why.
That's a tuscan in full trim with racing modification 560bhp. Also I tend to use medium tyres.

Say Race, out of curiousity, what times can you do with your tusc? At LS i did a 1:15xxx, midfield a 1:05 and redrock a 1:06

What tyres ya using?
I think i've done a 1.15/16 during a race at LS, i'll go run it later and come back with times.

What tyres ya using?
I think i've done a 1.15/16 during a race at LS, i'll go run it later and come back with times.

I use soft fronts and medium rears. I tried supersofts yesterday and for some reason the handling when to pot, so i switched back. I tried your damper settings :)

You sure to like your cars loose at the back :eek: Adds to the whole experiece, and you sure learn to catch them slides quick :lol:

Thanx for those settings, they seem to calm the beast (only a bit).

I guess my race times will not match yours as I do not want the race mod on my Tuscan...It's too bootyful to cover it with ugly paint and stickers!

Hey, no probs. I remeber that before I put my mod on i could only manage 1:09s at midfield, so it is good for at least 4 secs a lap on an average track.

I love the tuscan just because of the reason you gave. It is a hairy sonofabi%ch to drive - but get it right, and it is fast. Just have to live with the tacky mod :ill:

Originally posted by Mike Rotch
You sure to like your cars loose at the back :eek: Adds to the whole experiece, and you sure learn to catch them slides quick :lol:

Understeer just makes me angry. :D
Although I use both analog sticks for better throttle controll. So it might be hard for someone using digital buttons.

Understeer just makes me angry. :D
Although I use both analog sticks for better throttle controll. So it might be hard for someone using digital buttons.

yea i also use analog, just gotta get the thumbs ready to dial in the opposite lock :)

I took it out for a run on LS yesterday, although I changed the rear camber to 2.2 . With that I managed a 1.14.587, I tried using supersofts but for some odd reason I was going slower then with the mediums.

Although I think you said your tuscan only has 400 something bhp. Mine has the full 550 or however much it is.

I took it out for a run on LS yesterday, although I changed the rear camber to 2.2 . With that I managed a 1.14.587, I tried using supersofts but for some odd reason I was going slower then with the mediums.

Although I think you said your tuscan only has 400 something bhp. Mine has the full 550 or however much it is.

Thanks for the time ;) my tuscan has 487hp, so on that track the extra horses are work about a second. Funny, i also found that supersoft screwed up handling:odd: I take my hat off to you. I tried to run with 550hp, and just found the things to hairy to drive smoothly :D

It is bloody hard, but it leads to eadge of the seat racing. :D

I was considering using the tuscan for the LS enduro (I've already done the R5 with a griffith 500) but I decided on the Cerebra LM. That car is so quick, my fastest lap was a 1.11/10 something, on hard tyres. Although I forgot how good it was in GT1.

It is bloody hard, but it leads to eadge of the seat racing. :D

I was considering using the tuscan for the LS enduro (I've already done the R5 with a griffith 500) but I decided on the Cerebra LM. That car is so quick, my fastest lap was a 1.11/10 something, on hard tyres. Although I forgot how good it was in GT1.
that Cerbera is like sitting in chewwing gum - it sticks

Latest Posts

Back