[Tutorial] How to get ALL the DLC in GT5 (New Method) (Fastest and Easiest Ever!)

Glad it worked for you! :) I am glad you reported this too because this is a new error neither me or the creator has ever seen. I am going to update the OP to let people know they need to have at least one car in order to use the editor because that's definitely an important thing to note.

The program only worked once. All subsequent times it spoiled the saved file. GT5 Garage Editor 1.3.1 do not spoil files. Version 2.03.
I recommend updating to 2.11 because I think that’s what the editor is made for.

What all do you do when you use the editor? Are you sure you saved after making changes with the program? Are you reloading the save game after saving with the editor? (Without copying it to the console)

That’s about the only time it ever does it for me. Then again I am on 2.11....

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay. I redownloaded it and tried it again and I had no such problems. Only thing I can suggest is try running it as administrator and make sure your virus protection isn't affecting it. I would appreciate if you shared the error text so it can observed more closely. I'll tell the creator about this and hopefully he'll have an answer.

The error text is the one I originally posted, "Unable to read the database. It seems to be corrupted." No more info on the error log...
No luck running as admin.

Also ManRT, I forgot to ask you the same thing, but what update of GT5 are you on as well?

I cant' tell you now but my problem starts in the .exe file, it has nothing to do with the update, or maybe I'm missing something!

---

Anyway, I've been playing a few hours but I bought and installed Gran Turismo 6 too, and it looks like every downloadable car from GT5 is in GT6, so I'll be able to play with them x-) By the way, I spent around FIVE hours installing/updating Gran Turismo 6 (!)

It's ok to play between games, I've been riding a lot in Tourist Trophy too, two days ago I finished the last championship, something I should have done many years before!

The error text is the one I originally posted, "Unable to read the database. It seems to be corrupted." No more info on the error log...
No luck running as admin.
Only other thing I can think of is disable your virus protection if you haven't already.
I cant' tell you now but my problem starts in the .exe file, it has nothing to do with the update, or maybe I'm missing something!
I doubt it has anything to do with it either, but it would help to know what update you're on anyways.

If all else fails, you can attach your save game here and I can install the DLC's for you if you want.
Does anyone know here if GT6 has DLC? I have the US version.
It does have some DLC, but I am not currently aware of any methods of acquiring these cars via save editing. My thread is about GT5 though.

Only other thing I can think of is disable your virus protection if you haven't already.
I doubt it has anything to do with it either, but it would help to know what update you're on anyways.

If all else fails, you can attach your save game here and I can install the DLC's for you if you want.
It does have some DLC, but I am not currently aware of any methods of acquiring these cars via save editing. My thread is about GT5 though.

Well i did find some sites i have a CFW PS3 but all the sites have EU DLC. No US DLC. Weird. They have all the DLC listed for EU but nothing for US.

Last edited:
The program only worked once. All subsequent times it spoiled the saved file. GT5 Garage Editor 1.3.1 do not spoil files. Version 2.03.
I'll ask again, what all do you do when you use the editor? Are you sure you saved after making changes with the program? The editor is designed primarily to work for 2.11, so I recommend updating to that if you want to follow this tutorial.

And by "spoiled", I assume you mean corrupted?

Don't worry, thanks a lot! The bad news: I had to reinstall Windows 10, I entered into an infinite blue screen loop. The good news: I didn't lost anything (I even saved my Firefox tabs) and mysteriously now I can open the editor! :cheers:

I don't know what I'm going to do, I'll study this post again and maybe I'll try to do it. After my 5 hour long GT6 installation I think I can play both games at the same time, but I'm feeling a little bit off reading about money in GT6; it looks like it's not easy to get a good amount of credits without the now extinct seasonal events... I'll have to read about it a little bit more, I'm new on the PS3 world, I've always been a PSX-PS2 guy x-)

Thanks again!

Man I wished I knew this before I deleted the game but will definitely give this a try once I reinstalled GT5 up to 2.11 on another PS3.
Now I can properly test my Hybrids,thanks a lot man.

I am new to gt5. BUT i have played all gran turismos anyways I was wondering becuase i have GT5 XL edition will it still work? and also will there be a chance that i will lose all my progress?? sorry im a bit worried if i do this i might accidently delete the data. i would like to be sure that i wont delete the data. Any way i could be sure that it dosent happen??

I am new to gt5. BUT i have played all gran turismos anyways I was wondering becuase i have GT5 XL edition will it still work? and also will there be a chance that i will lose all my progress?? sorry im a bit worried if i do this i might accidently delete the data. i would like to be sure that i wont delete the data. Any way i could be sure that it dosent happen??
I did this on the XL edition. You should be fine. Just save your game and put it on your usb and it'll be safe. Also back up your save.

and also will there be a chance that i will lose all my progress??
Following my tutorial will not do anything to your progress. However, when using save editors of any sort, doesn't matter if it's this one or another, theirs always a chance it can corrupt your save game, which is why I mentioned backing up your save game in your tutorial.
sorry im a bit worried if i do this i might accidently delete the data. i would like to be sure that i wont delete the data.
I totally understand.
Any way i could be sure that it dosent happen??
Just back it up somewhere before you load it into the save editor. If something goes wrong, you'll have something to fall back on. ;)

Yes, i just did a few minutes ago it went smooth i got the Redbull x2011 of course. All the dlc a 2j level 40
"I was stuck at level 11 and i needed 2 get 2 international licence" i moved 2 level 40 because i wasent sure i could use the x2011 cuz it is a level 40 car. I got a 787 stealth model and ye i didnt want everything because thatwould ruin the fun
Thx for the tutorial btw

i wasent sure i could use the x2011 cuz it is a level 40
Pretty sure you can use it even if you're not on level 40 provided it's in your garage. Being below level 40 only prevents you from being able to buy it in the dealership.
ye i didnt want everything because thatwould ruin the fun
I understand. If I was just starting, I wouldn't want a whole lot anyways. Takes too much fun away for me.
Thx for the tutorial btw
You're welcome! :) Glad to provide it!

@Sonygamer455 do you know which if the safe XXXXX car to use when using Garage editor, or it it best not to use them ?. I have never use them and I just want to know thanks.

@Sonygamer455 do you know which if the safe XXXXX car to use when using Garage editor, or it it best not to use them ?. I have never use them and I just want to know thanks.
This question isn't exactly related to my thread since it isn't any kind of DLC, but I'll answer it anyways. The car was introduced on 2.09 if I remember correctly and as long as you're on that update or later and don't go beyond 2.12, you should be fine.

Other than being below 2.09 and above 2.12, I honestly have no idea why the others had issues with the car, it's always worked fine for me.

Last edited:
This question isn't exactly related to my thread since it isn't any kind of DLC, but I'll answer it anyways. The car was introduced on 2.09 if I remember correctly and as long as you're on that update or later and don't go beyond 2.12, you should be fine.

Other than being below 2.09 and above 2.12, I honestly have no idea why the others had issues with the car, it's always worked fine for me.
Sorry to go off topic but I am on 2.11, so the cars should be fine to use then ?. I backup my save before I use them XXXX anyway.

Hey i tried to follow the steps in you're description, but i can't open any file in de garage editor. When save my game on a USB stick en open it on my computer, the save game file is there. But when i try to open it with the garage editor, the map is empty. Can you help me with this?

Hey i tried to follow the steps in you're description, but i can't open any file in de garage editor. When save my game on a USB stick en open it on my computer, the save game file is there. But when i try to open it with the garage editor, the map is empty. Can you help me with this?
Can you provide some pictures or maybe even a video of what you're doing so I can better understand what is going on here?

Last edited:
I solved the problem by using a newer version of the garage editor, version 1.3.1

i can add cars here, but surely this isn’t the same as the dlc packages.

This works for me so my problem is solved.

solved the problem by using a newer version of the garage editor, version 1.3.1
That's not the editor I recommend using for my tutorial.
i can add cars here, but surely this isn’t the same as the dlc packages.
That editor has no DLC in it.
This works for me so my problem is solved.
I beg to differ. I would very much like to know more of what is going on here because this may be an issue that needs fixing. Do you have the error text for the editor you used earlier? If so, please upload it.

Last edited:
I solved the problem by using a newer version of the garage editor, version 1.3.1
That Editor isn't new, the one SonyGamer recommended to you is at the start of the tutorial. Plus, that editor is probably about 7 or 8 years old now.

Btw about a week ago i finished an event and brought me down to level 13 which is fine because i still can work hard for the events. Im on the Extreme series and on level 26 now. still im very confused on why it did that tho

Pretty sure you can use it even if you're not on level 40 provided it's in your garage. Being below level 40 only prevents you from being able to buy it in the dealership.
I understand. If I was just starting, I wouldn't want a whole lot anyways. Takes too much fun away for me.
You're welcome! :) Glad to provide it!

Btw about a week ago i finished an event and brought me down to level 13 which is fine because i still can work hard for the events. Im on the Extreme series and on level 26 now. still im very confused on why it did that tho
What update are you on though? I have heard some say on updates 2.12 and beyond, it will reset your XP if you edit it, but I can't confirm if that is the case or not. One thing I can confirm though is this sort of thing has happened to me before even on 2.11 and mind you, I made it to level 40 legitimately. Despite this, it happened to me several times.

Either way, I don't think it's any fault of the editor.

Last edited:
Back