Twin Drifting vs. Tandem Drifting

• Thread starter Drift-Kid
  • 24 comments
Well im just curious whats really the difference between these 2 duo styles of drifitng.....I would really be thankful for any info on differences of these 2 styles......

Thanks...any video comparing the 2 would be help ful thanks again đź‘Ť

I'm sure they're just synonyms, more or less. Twin drifting can be more side-by-side involving two cars (note the name, twin.). Tandem can describe multiple cars, lined up however...but more than likely one after another.

i havent heard of twin drifting.

im going to guess they are the same
or
tandem is a competition between 2 drivers, twin is an exhibition/show-off with two drivers drfting together.

didnt see a video yet of gt4 twin drifting but i heard someone was gonna drift n make a video of it right next to each other so close but i have no clue if there is one or not...

I never really knew the difference between these either. Actually all I had ever heard of was tandem drifting. But thanks to those that cleared up the differences. It was really helpful to me and probably along with whoever started this thread.

blotto has it =)

Tandem drifting in its simplest form is 1 car drifting behind another drifting car. By definition, multiple cars doing a touge run can be considered tandem drifting.

In terms of competition drifting, tandem is referred to as a battle between 2 drivers, simply determining who is better in a 2 car drifting format.

Twin drifting is mainly referred to as a term in show drifting. More specifically, 2 cars side by side drifting a corner together can be considered as twin drifting.

well in tadam the cars are not side by side one is leading the other is following twin is they are keeping the same speed and trying to hit the drift at the exact same time to show off hence the name twin, tandam is a battle

Tandem and Twin are both similar, but in Twin Drifting, you're limited to 2 cars only, whereby Tandem usually applies on multiple cars.

These 2 forms of drifting belongs to exhibition drifting, the drifters are drifting in pairs/groups for the sake of excitement and fun only, and there's no passing or overtaking either, just doing it for show.

in D1, those drift battles are called "Tsuiso" (Chase and Run), its rather different since two competing cars are actually giving pressure to one another (to win), the drifts may not look clean or as smooth as tandem/twin, but its way more intense as the driver tends to keep his car extremely close to the leading car, forcing his opponent in making mistakes, and overtaking is common in Tsuiso.

SWAT2291
"Tsuiso" like when Takumi raced against the Sil-Eighty?

hmmm... well.. sorta... yes.

although Takumi and the Sileighty are also sliding their cars at corners, but they're actually racing. well Tsuiso means chase and run, and they ARE chasing and running (plus drifting), so I guess that counts :dopey:

GT4 Drift King
god formula d is full of n00bs
what? howso? dont just come in here, express your opinion, then leave.
you didnt post anything to back that statement up. therefore you, sir, are a "n00b."
IMO that post doesnt have a damn thing to do with the thread. i see no mention in this thread of anything about formula d.

Sorry GT4_Drift_King, let's see a video of YOU drifting better than the formula D guys.

P.S. a video of you playing GT doesn't count. *gasp*

Back